Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for 5/5

I was not going to do anything b/c I, too, had a sore throat last night and was so stuffy today and my chest was heavy - I could hear myself breathing all day and I sounded pathetic! But, I got to feeling better so I kept it light. It ended up being 45 min but 325 calories b/c I did 5 min at a time on each machine and in between, did 3 sets of ab work (did that 4 times). Felt good to do something. Also rescued 2 baby kittens today. They are soooo sweet. One of my friends took them home and she hopes to keep them :) Her DH is a MAJOR PITA - I told her the house was 1/2 hers and he loved their last cat even though he put her through all sorts of crap at first. Anywho...

Patti: I drink the On Whey Protein Gold Standard Natural. It has no artificial stuff in it and my stomach takes it just perfectly. It has 24g protein, 5.5g BCAAs, 4g glutamine and precursors. 130 calories, 1.5g fat, .5g saturated, 5 g carbs. I have vanilla and to me, for protein powder, it is good. I just mix with water in a cup - it dissolves nicely that way. They also have chocolate which I will try next. You really should feed those muscles, girl, especially immediately following weight training. Do you have the book called Nutrient Timing? It's interesting. I just read an article in one of the mags that said you really needed the protein drink immediately following - no wait (I think the max for optimum effect was 20 min). Also good to have something prior. I got mine at a store that just sells this sort of thing but also have seen it at The Vitamin Shoppe.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.