Hardcore Fitness Maniac Machines 3/10/2007

Good Morning Lovelies!!!

Not sleeping enough lately. Feel a cold coming on and got tons of packing to do now. We are moving next month. I am gonna jump into my toasty lean rotation today. Not sure what is on the rotation as I haven't checked it yet..too early.

Lora,

The house has a full basement and that is where all the weight equipment will go.

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniacs-

This morning I should have listened to my body and taken a rest day, but since my DH didn't ......I felt guilty not working out.....so I did about 50 minutes of lower intensity step - Rebecca Small's Step Revolution with my HR around 75% of max. I burned 290 calories. Then I did 1/2 hour on my Pilates Reformer - Intermediate workout followed by Yoga Shakti - Dancing Warrior 3, Standing Poses 1, Ha Kriya, Backbend Prep, Supine poses, Forward Bends & Twists, Inversions & Shavasana.

Have great days everyone. I'm off to do my normal Saturday routine. I'm not sure what movie we're going to. DH wants to see 300 .....not sure if I do.....have to look it up. There's not really much else showing. Bad selection ...........as the Astronaut Farmer's still playing...YUK!!

I'll be back after my bath.

This morning was Phase 3, Week 5 of the M&F rotation I'm doing. This week is heavy sets doing only 3-6 reps. I think this is the heaviest I've ever gone. I had so much energy and could have gone higher with some exercises. This was Chest, Tri's and abs. There was 2 minutes rest between each set:

Chest:
Barbell bench press: 100# - 1 set/6 reps; 105# 2 sets/5 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 40's - 3 sets/6 reps (*could have used 45's here but could not hoist them up to get into position)
Decline Dumbbell Press: 42's - 1 set/6 reps; 45's - 1 set/6 reps (FINALLY got to use my 45's!!)
Incline Dumbbell Flye: 37's - 1 set/6 reps; 40's - 1 set/6 reps

Triceps:
Close Grip Barbell press: 85# - 2 sets/5 reps; 1 set/4 reps
Dips: 75# - 1 set/8 reps; 85# - 1 set/6 reps
Lying Dumbbell Extensions: 20's - 1 set/6 reps; 22's - 1 set/6 reps

Abs:
All Step Abs

I'm starving, can't wait to go to my mom's and eat some good food!
Hope you all have great workouts and a great weekend!

Morning Maniacs! Today is a rest day or maybe a walk if I can fit it in.

Debbie-GREAT workout! 45's! Holy Cow! Oy!

Toasty- Have fun with your rotation! I know it's killer! Soon, you'll be posting "Off to the basement" like some of us other basement workerouters (hey, a new word!). LOL! Hope you are getting more room for more stuff.

Lora- Have fun at the movies, whatever one you decide on.:)

Hey to everyone that follows.:)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys- I think we're going to 300. The DH decided. I hope it's good. How warm is it where you are?

Deb - great workout.

Toasty- meant to mention............a basement? Wow.....are you gonna like working out in the basement? Our basement isn't big enough for both of us. It's only under a part of the house...as our house was added on to.

Where is everyone today?

My arse and hammy's are so sore! hurts to sit down. Had a good time last night. Tired though. Can't wait to sleep in tomorrow.

Going to Chuck E Cheeses now, then sis's for nieces bday. I want to do yoga later, and maybe UB. Not sure how efficient cardio would be today!! Had busy morning at diner, so I will count that as my cardio.

BBL!
Char- I am so excited for you to be moving!!

Lora- enjoy your movie, I want a review.

Deb- enjoy your food!

Dallys- yeah, how is your weather? Finally warmer here.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics to NYC GTG and Christmas Albums 3/6/07

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Good afternoon, this morning I did Rhythmic step, then Butts & Guts abs adding in 1 set barbell rollouts and 1 set hanging knee raises with med ball, I finished with Eion Finn's Power Yoga magically hips segment. This really seemed like almost a repeat of the strong happy one. A couple of moves were different. Not as much show off stuff. Does anyone know if the full one that is 80 minutes has andy plows or shoulder stands? Yesterday I did 3.25 miles on the treadmill and my M&F hers rotation finishing with Amy Bentos stretch#2.

Lora, enjoy your movie.

Charlotte, packing and moving in a month is tough. One thing though when you are selling to family it takes a little strain off as absolutely having everything out and ready at closing. We sold our last house to our son. He did have to be moved quickly though because his rent lease was up. We moved two households in one day.

Dallys, enjoy the rest.

Debbie, I would never be able to do the weights you are doing:) I have one more day of my M&F Hers rotation. Are those triceps dips off of a bench with a bar?

Maeghan, looks like you have a full but fun weekend.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hey Maniacs! I made cookies today. I found a great recipe for "healthy oatmeal cookies". There is Zero butter or any other kind of fat in them. The recipe uses White Beans instead and you can't even tell the difference! I'll type out the recipe if anyone is interested.

Lora- It's 51 degrees here today, but it's really windy. Enjoy the movie.

Diane Sue-I can't remember if Eoins full workout on "Yoga for Happiness" has shoulder stands or plow, I would think it would. His "Power Yoga" DVD has Plow and Shoulder stand. I actually like it better than Y4H. He isn't doing the voice-over, he is talking directly to the class and it is filmed on a beach. It has one 45 min. premix and then the full 80 min. workout. The premix has the shoulder stand and plow, plus wheel and a good ab section. A great little practice. He can get into some pretty advanced poses, can't he? I wish I could do some of that fun crazy stuff.

Meg-What workout did you do to get so sore?}( Have fun at Chucky Cheese.

Peeps!

How the heck are you all? I sure do miss you and all of your motivation! I've been so busy at work and have had that dang migraine for 13 days! It has not been bad for that long - it does the ebb and flow thing. I finally got that medrol pack from the doc (yes, more steroids :( ) to break the cycle. I feel like a million bucks today. It just messes with my workouts (and my work suffers b/c I feel crappy at work) and I hate that.

Today was my first group ride of the season. Yup, I rode with the crazies who I wasn't going to ride with this year. I can't help myself. They're my friends and they asked and I couldn't say no. They've been training and I haven't and they said they honestly wouldn't have wanted to go any faster. And this other guy joined up with us and he said we ride pretty hard. :) One of the gals brought her husband who is pretty hard core but wanted an easy ride today. He said that he rode harder than he was hoping to ride today. All that made me feel pretty good. So yes, I'm hooked again. I forgot to use my inhaler (what is WRONG with me?) but I really didn't feel like I was dying any more than normal. I see the pulmonologist on Monday so I'm going to talk with her. I plan to only use the albuterol before rides anyway and I think it's all worse when the weather is warm. It was about 40 when we left and 50 two hours later when we finished. Now it's cold - the wind chill is 29 even though the temp is 42. It's been raining off and on. Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful. More people riding If I want to go. We'll see if I can walk.

Char - Congrats on the house! That's SO cool! Now you can say "Off to the basement" with Dallys and me. :) Caution about the berber carpet if you haven't done it already - dogs snag it LIKE CRAZY!!! Their little claws get in it and muck it all up. There is one kind that is not so bad. I would look into it first. Somebody warned us about it and I'm glad they did.

Gotta run. I've been freezing ever since I got back from my ride. Stayed in the hot shower forever! DH and I had running around to do and now he's out getting beer (we had the cop car earlier and that's a no no) so we can have one in the hot tub. :) Light beer!

Nice to chat with you all. Sorry I'm so wordy!!!!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz, good to see you check in. I am sorry you have had a long migraine. I know how that feels. I think the longest I had was 22 days. I have odne the Mdrol pack myself a couple of times. I am glad that you are feeling better. Back to your group rides. I am sure that is a lot of fun. I hope you can ride again tomorrow:)

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was Gym Style Chest (drop set of push-ups only), Pyramid Chest, Power Hour Chest (skipping push ups :) ) and finally Hip Hop Abs Fat Burning Cardio # 1. For the first time, I did all the drop sets of pushups on my toes. Had to double the rest periods (can't believe she only rests for mere SECONDS on these!) but I made it through. Following with the weight work was ultra tough after that-I wanted to make some increases this time and I did, but I couldn't get all the reps out.

Lora-Hope the movie was good! Posted to you over at yoga...it's looking lonely over there again at the moment! Hope there is more posting later.

Suz-So good when you can pop in for a visit! :) Hot tub sounds really good to me right now! Nice ride today! Glad you are feeling better!

Dallys-OMG...Oatmeal cookies with white beans! LOL! I have to admit I am oddly curious and totally scared at the same time. Where on earth did you get this recipe?

Deb-What can I say? You rock!

Meg-Busy day, enjoy! Sounds like you've got a great WO on tap, too! Glad you had fun last night-sounds like you needed it with the tension lately.

Diane Sue-I think you've mentioned shoe weights in the past. Do you use them during your cardio, too or just with ab work? Can I be the one millionth person to ask...where did you get yours? I think it's such a great idea!

Char-Wonderful news that the house situation has finally fallen into place! Time for you to MOVE and GROOVE! (Yes, I had to say it-can I be in the nerd club with you and Bionics now? LOL! :) ) If anyone can make it all happen in a month, you can! ;)

Jen

>
>Dallys-OMG...Oatmeal cookies with white beans! LOL! I have to
>admit I am oddly curious and totally scared at the same time.
>Where on earth did you get this recipe?
>
>had to say it-can I be in the nerd club with you and Bionics
>now? LOL! :) >Jen

Jen- My husband got the recipe from a guy at work! LOL! The guy brought these cookies into work and everyone loved them, so DH got the recipe for me. You can not even taste any of the beans, I kid you not. I guess beans are a substitute for Butter and Crisco. The recipe uses Oat Flour instead of white flour too. Seriously, the only bad thing in them is sugar. Oh! Welcome to the Nerd Club. Not just anyone gets in.:+

Suz- So sorry to hear about the migrains. I can't imagine having those. Glad you got in your first bike ride! It's so fun isn't it?
I've missed you posting. You are kinda nerdy too and I like that! :p Enjoy the hot tub!

DH is making Clam Chowder again. House smells real good!

Diane Sue - Wow - 22 days! Yikes! I was just thinking that DH and I have been having these cookies (I know, I know) with macadamia nuts in them - I wonder if that's what set me off - I hate nuts in my food anyway but I've been sacrificing myself for, ummm...DH???...yeah, that's it. :p So maybe I deserve it! Yup, the group ride really was a great time. I sure miss them so I'm glad it's warming up.

Jen - Thanks. I'm so glad I'm feeling better too. Sure makes a diff in your every day life. I can't imagine people with terminal pain. I feel so bad for them. :( One of the gals I ride with is named Jen. :)

Dallys - You think I'm nerdy now? You should have seen me when I met DH as far as bike stuff goes. I had a HUFFY "mountain" bike!!! He is MR. BIKE GUY so we immediately unloaded that heap (I was not allowed to be seen near it) and I am only allowed to have cool bike stuff and cool bikes. I have this super cool road bike (the guy we hooked up with today told me I have his dream bike) and I always feel funny b/c I think I should be this amazing cyclist in order to have it. One guy I was riding with last year told me that if I love to ride I should have whatever bike I want (DH feels the same way, obviously). But I do get cool cycling clothes b/c of DH. :) But no matter, I'm still a bike nerd at heart. Us nerds must stick together!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Diane Sue - I can't remember if any of Eion's have Shoulderstand or plough? I don't think he's big on them. What I've been doing for all of my practices lately is pausing the DVD after the hip openers and doing my own plough and shoulderstands........since they are so good for you and I love them so much. I'm sorry that you're sounding disappointed with Eion :( I feel bad.

Hi to everyone else......gotta get going.. Just finished my Ebay stuff. This freakin computer locks up every 2 minutes and you have to run disk scan and reboot it and it takes forever to list stuff. So irritating! I have no idea what workout is on the agenda for the AM and it's Daylight Savings tonight!

ETA: Oh, and I hated the movie........I sort of figured I would....but it was worse than I thought. It didn't click with me at all. Nobody good was really in it and I didn't think it was done very well, but the DH liked it.........so that's all that matters. Have to please the men in our lives every once in a while.

Dallys-Lucky you having a DH that cooks...and cooks good stuff, too. I love clam chowder! OK...yep, I am interested in the cookie recipe-please post if you get the chance!

Suz-OMG...a Huffy?!? I am cracking up!!! I know NOTHING about bikes but I know that is a no-no. :) I'm not innocent either though-I had roller skates with metal wheels. I bet the neighbors just loved that! LOL!

Dallys-I bet if you had known about me & Suz, and the depths of our nerdniness (look another new word!).....you would have given us the secret handshake alot sooner! LOL! :) :+

Jen

Jen, I think you would really have to search for the shoe weights. I think they were discontinuing them.Mine were 1 #. You could use ankle weights but I find it really comfortable having them on the laces of my shoes. I have used them for Low Max. No other cardio though. I use them mostly for additional weight on ab workouts. I also use them when I do the leg conditioning on Kick Max. They have a pocket on them for money or keys for joggers. The name of them is "Jolies".

Lora, I am not disappointed at all in Eoins's dvd. I think he is kind of funny. I love some or the things where he pulls on the toes and where he puts his hands under the foot and pulls up. Actually I think these have helped my tight hamstrings and my plantar fasciitis in my left foot.

Suz, I hate that when I have a "forever" migraine and do a headslap when I realize that I have been doing or eating the same thing throughout. I want to do a mental headslap for that one.

Debbie, that is awesome that you did the triceps dips with that much weight. I know I have not gone that heavy. Maybe 55 pounds.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.