HARDCORE FITNESS MANIAC HOTTIES THURS 11-12

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM LADIES
Yesterday was supersets and 15 ss cardio
1-sissy squats, bench press, sumo deadlift, front bb raise
2-rear bb lunges, incline db rows, chest flyes, russian twists

total workout 46 min and 646 calories. I'm very suprised by the calorie burn. I am very sore today. the chest flyes and front bb raise bothered my right shoulder, so I intend to really strectch today after the workout.

Hermia/Debbie-I just got a new job 3 months ago and I have no idea how. I'm in Nuclear Medicine/PET and there are zero jobs. Too many schools pumping out too many people. Hang in there, it has to get better soon ;)

Lora-I think that is a good plan especially with the frenzy that last minute shoppers can create (hopefully, from a sales perspective anyway). No use burning the candle at both ends, that's when injuries happen.

Linda-While I do think it is ridiculous to spend more on shipping than the part costs, it's still way cheaper than a new HRM. However, I got mine off ebay for about 60.00. I use the polar F4, it's very simple. Total calories, total time, time in zone, average hr. It works great for what I want. I've been please with it.

BBL
Theresa

Last edited:
This is a quick check in. I have to get ready to go to the airport. I did STS disc 32 Plyo legs this morning. I used the foam roller on my back and shoulders prior to the workout and followed with Extended Stretch and more foam roller on shoulders and back. Workouot was 83 minutes and I burned 427 calories I will come back in awhile for personals and to post my weights.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am doing a either GS Legs or 4DS Legs..forget and then floorwork of legs and glutes.

Hermia,

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Lora,

I haven't been posting on here much because it just has been so busy and I get my workouts in so late that by the time I post mostly everyone is done chatting so I feel like I miss out, but life just keeps us busy. I am not working outside of the home as I can't pull myself away from the home to get out of the home. hahahaha. I will try to come around more. I got more things I like to do now. Really into meditation more too. Order so many books and try to read them all. Sometimes read 2 at a time. Stopped ordering perfumes..THANK GOD..I can't wear them all now as it is. You need to check out Halestorm...I GET OFF...fantastic song..you will like it.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day! I will check in later today. ;)

Morning Maniacs -

I overslept this morning, so my workout had to be cut short. I chose Shape 20 Minute Makeover and Patrick's New Play Ball. Did not have a good workout. Didn't think the Shape workout was fun (or that good - was supposed to be intervals) and Patrick's was sort of hard to follow for a med ball workout. I'm not feeling well anyway, have been fighting a cold.....so I don't care about not having a high intensity workout. Workout was 60" (with a double stretch) and I burned 540 calories. Max HR was 151.

My cat that had the bowel blockage last week is getting sick again. I hope we don't have to put him down. I'm upset about this.

Diane Sue - I know I'll survive....but I hope I don't turn into a blimp. I'm gonna also be forced to take 1 day off a week during December's other weeks due to my schedule. Guess I can't eat many X-mas cookies!

Char - good to hear from you again. I always think about you. Have you been to any concerts lately? I went to see Papa Roach last Saturday and had VIP's ....so I got to meet them and go to a sound check. The show rocked. I was right up front, of course! I have tooooo many perfumes also...now between my oil collection and the collection I get as gratis from work. We always have contests ....sell so much and get a free bottle. (yes, I like that Halestorm song...I saw them with Flyleaf and Seether a couple of years ago).

Have great days everyone.

Linda - I know, that's what is making me not want to do P90X. I can't tolerate many more pullups. Pushups I can handle, but those even get annoying after a while. I want to sit down and preview the DVD's again and see what we are in for. I'll try to do that sometime tomorrow and pm you.

Lora - You will survive 3 days off. Promise. I'm taking 4 days off right now and feel great about it.

Hi to everyone! Not much time for personals today. I was able to sleep in and it felt AWESOME!

Deb - are you having insomnia? Have you ever tried any of Bach's flower essense remedies? I just ordered a Sleep one to help me sleep. We shall see if it helps. I use their Rescue Remedy to help me deal with daily stress.

Deb - are you having insomnia? Have you ever tried any of Bach's flower essense remedies? I just ordered a Sleep one to help me sleep. We shall see if it helps. I use their Rescue Remedy to help me deal with daily stress.

Heck no, don't have sleep issues. I sleep like the dead every night. I fall asleep within 5 minutes of laying down.

Wow Lora, you look great! You certainly don't look like a fat old lady. I think that is a great picture of you! Did you have fun? Like I need to ask! LOL!

I am back from the airport. Hated dropping off dh for another year of absense from my life.

Debbie, I don't have a problem falling asleep myself. But I do have a porblem with waking up off and on and sometimes not able to go back to sleep. Wish I slept like the dead all night long. On P90X they do have some demonstrating using the tubing instead of pullups. Now on those push ups you will being doing a huge variety like 1 arm and 1 leg, wide, narrow, military, divebomber, etc.. Fortunately you get to fit in some weights. Some of those are done differently so it is a nice change.

Lora, believe me a day off here and there is not going to make you fat. Think how many calories you would have to consume on those non workout days to gain weight. Maybe just have a goal in mind to eliminate a few of the extra sweets. You are not fat at all and you definitely don't look old. You always have such a health looking glow to your face. That is a good picture and I am glad you shared it with us.
It probably isn't the right thing to say but I think maybe some of those guys in the group need to look in the mirror:p I do think that I have heard some of their music but can't recall most of the groups with their music. I mostly listen to contemorary Christian or oldies.

Theresa, nice calorie burn with the steady state cardio and the weights:)

total workout 46 min and 646 calories. I'm very suprised by the calorie burn. I am very sore today. the chest flyes and front bb raise bothered my right shoulder, so I intend to really strectch today after the workout.

Linda-While I do think it is ridiculous to spend more on shipping than the part costs, it's still way cheaper than a new HRM. However, I got mine off ebay for about 60.00. I use the polar F4, it's very simple. Total calories, total time, time in zone, average hr. It works great for what I want. I've been please with it.

BBL
Theresa

Sounds like you had a great workout. I'd have an easier time sallowing the cost of shipping the parts if I thought that would solve my problems, but it won't. Even if I get the nerw gasket that will not resolve the issue of it losing all its settings at least once a month, fot that I would need to send the whole thing out for repair and I don't have my receipt to show it's under warranty.:confused:

Linda - I know, that's what is making me not want to do P90X. I can't tolerate many more pullups. Pushups I can handle, but those even get annoying after a while. I want to sit down and preview the DVD's again and see what we are in for. I'll try to do that sometime tomorrow and pm you.

Guess I should view them as well. My problem with the pushups is my carpel tunnel, too many and my wrists start to hurt.:(

Against my better judgment, I'm going to share this photo with everyone. It is true the camera adds 10 lbs to you. I look fat and old in this pic.....and I'm NOT photogenic.....but here's me and the DH with Papa Roach!! I'm the old fat lady!

You don't look like an old fat lady at all! Honestly. You look great!

No workout for me today. I actually managed to sleep.:D

Hey manaics!

Had yesterday off from work....that was nice! Got my workout done in the a.m. and DH and I headed off to Murphy's in the foothills to meet a group of friends for lunch and wine tasting. Had a nice time. Back to reality today! In fact it was soooo hectic at work this morning and someone brought homemade cookies....I couldn't resisit! :eek::eek: Oh well, not gonna beat myself up over it and it's not like I do that all the time! Besides, I'm bulking I can use the extra calories, right? :p

Theresa...did you start the workout plan with Olesya? How's the diet going?

Lora...OMG how great is that to meet Papa Roach!!!!! Very cool! And you DO NOT look fat and old....you look great!!!!!

Hi to everyone else!

MEALS:
M1: eggwhites/oatmeal
M2: protein shake/cookie
M3: tuna w/bellpeppers and cucumber in low carb tortilla
M4: grapefruit
M5: post workout drink
M6: turkey meatloaf/green beans
M7: eggwhites/almonds

Olesya took my cardio down to 20 minutes of SS....might just have to do an extra 10 minutes to burn off that damn cookie!

Sonya-I started the plan on Monday. I forgot to ask her a few questions (like whether or not I could hav diet soda, but I tried to limit it as much as possible). I have followed it almost to the letter except for one skinny latte. The workouts are great, but the egg whites in the evening and a.m. are making me a little ill. :( I make protein pancakes (with oats, egg white, and cottage cheese) on high carb days and I guess I could do the same on medium days, but I don't like them as much as I thought I would. Don't worry about the cookie, sounds like you had a nice day

Were you tired when you first started her plan? I have been exhausted and VERY cranky. I got into it with a coworker today over something very trivial.

Linda-I don't think I would waste the money on that hrm monitor. Glad you got to sleep :D

Lora-you were glowing in that pic, honestly...

Linda/Debbie-they pullups/pushups in month one are never ending. The chest/back DVD is all push ups and mostly all pull ups except lawnmowers and heavy pants and maybe a back fly.

Theresa

Sonya-I started the plan on Monday. I forgot to ask her a few questions (like whether or not I could hav diet soda, but I tried to limit it as much as possible). I have followed it almost to the letter except for one skinny latte. The workouts are great, but the egg whites in the evening and a.m. are making me a little ill. :( I make protein pancakes (with oats, egg white, and cottage cheese) on high carb days and I guess I could do the same on medium days, but I don't like them as much as I thought I would. Don't worry about the cookie, sounds like you had a nice day
Were you tired when you first started her plan? I have been exhausted and VERY cranky. I got into it with a coworker today over something very trivial.

Theresa...Olesya will tell you that she prefers you don't drink it but it won't kill you if you do! I told her....it won't kill me if I don't! :) I just put crystal light in my water. I can handle the egg whites it's the yams I can't stomach right now. But I lay off for a while then add them back in. I also got sick of tuna so I limit that to once a week.

I don't recall if I was really tired but I know I sleep alot better now! :) Her workouts aren't easy. The ones I am doing right now are killer. When I was doing contest prep a few weeks out I know I got cranky due to low carbs but other than that it was pretty status quo. It's all new to you right now....don't worry, you'll adjust!

Thanks Sonya-
I thought the tuna would bother me, but so far I like it better than the egg whites. I do miss eating it with bread but oh well. I also thought the diet soda would help my crankiness but so far nothing has. And yes her workouts are killer, they look straight forward and easy but man oh man, I have been sore all week. I love it. I talk to her next week and maybe we will be able to make some adjustments on a few things food wise. I weighed this am and no change but it's only been 4 days...

I am finially back home and able to get on here. After I picked up and dropped off grandchildren this afternoon my dd and her family took me to dinner at an Italian restaurant. I tell you I have eaten out way to much lately. Don't even feel well, I chose the greek chicken pasta with olives, feta cheese, red peppers and pesto. OK, maybe tomorrow I will eat clean. I went to the nutrition market to pick up some silken tofu and quinoa and Kamut pasta while I was between picking up.

Theresa, I like to mix just some dijon mustard or a little liquid smoke and pepper in my tuna for some flavor. Have you tried mixing it with veggies?

Sonya, I doubt that cookie will make much difference at all. It sounds like you had a nice time on your day off:)

Linda, I bet those push ups would make the carpal tunnel flare up. I don't know of an alternative. I tell you, I was so relieved after I had the surgury. Never a problem with that. One of my worst memories was after painting the walls in a house we were moving into. I paced all night it hurt so bad. I think the Sportline HR monitor like Debbie has is 48 dollars at Walmart. I got my Polar F6 at Academy Sports and it cost me 109 with tax. I didn't realize till the other day that there is no way to change a battery in the belt:0 The sell them at Amazon separately though. I really do want the 200 dollar one that you can change the battery in yourself.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.