Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 6/17

Theresa: Hey if you don't mind, post your recipes in our daily thread. We all love new recipe / dessert ideas, especially ME! :p

Have a good night everyone!

Ok, maniacs, I am trying to lose about 5-7 pounds. I am trying to eat clean but I have a gigantic sweet tooth. I eat fruit in my protein shakes, is there anything I can make that is not an OREO. Sometimes I have a Zone bar but when I look at the nutritional info it does not seem that good. I have this recipe for a bar. Do you all think this is pretty healthy? Is chocolate a total no-no when trying to eat clean?

2 cups oats
1 cup flour (I use whole wheat or rice flour)
3/4 c sucanat
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 cup dried fruit
1/2 cup oil (I use applesauce-unsweetened)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
155 calories
3 protein
25 carbs
6 fat (although I don't use oil)
2 fiber

Here are my thoughts: with the sucanat, the dried fruit, the maple syrup, that is a lot of sugar...a lot! I would go with agave nectar but maybe 1/4 cup, 1/4 cup sucanat and look for dried fruit without sugar. You could up the protein by adding egg whites and also protein powder even. I would also use less salt and add some slivered almonds -raw and unsalted (and keep as is with the unsweetened applesauce. There - my thoughts on that :) If it ends up being not sweet enough, you could always spread some fruit preserves (the kind that is fruit only - low sugar but not sugar free - just a nice, clean preserve) or something like that.

As for chocolate, I eat Green & Black brand dark chocoloate as well as some others that I get at Whole Foods. If you look, you can get very good chocolate that is low in sugar (compared to lots of other chocolate) and with a bit of protein.

Theresa: Hey if you don't mind, post your recipes in our daily thread. We all love new recipe / dessert ideas, especially ME! :p

Have a good night everyone!

Patti-
I tried to post the word document with 3 recipes, but it was .5 kb too big. I will post them individually, but it will be tomorrow or saturday before I can get to it.
T

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.