Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/30

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning maniacs!

I did STS disc #4- we are repeating week 2 as well. I just feel like I get a much more efficient workout the second time through. I was hanging pretty well but the last quarter of the workout I kept thinking, are we done yet? I am noticing that I feel stronger in the pushups- my alignment is better I think. Since it my second time through on this week, I am mixing up abs and cardio from the schedule. I did C&W abs (my favorite) instead of STS abs. I burned 522 calories. My GoWearFit thing should be here this week so I can't wait to see how much that affects my eating / moving.

Have a great day everyone!

Today was Week #3 of Tabata Training. Really enjoying this. I worked Chest and then did some cardio.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup.

8 sets/20 seconds on/10 seconds off for each exercise.

2 minute rest between each exercise.

CHEST
Pushups: 8 sets/13-12 reps varied
***These fry me every time. Had to go down to my knees on the last couple sets.

Incline Bench Press:
50# - 8 sets/10-8 reps
***Probably can go higher with these, but last two sets were burning.

Dumbbell Press:
22's - 8 sets/10-9 reps (up 1#)
***Good weight for this.

Dumbbell Flyes:
16's - 8 sets/10 reps
***Probably could go higher next time.

CARDIO
Steady state jog for about 20 minutes.

HR Stats:
1 hr. 3 minutes total workout
3 minutes below zone
41 minutes in zone
18 minute above zone
468 calories burned
:eek:

I jogged about 1.35 miles.

That is all....

morning all! Happy Monday!

today was legs - 7 minute warm up on TM

Tabata leg work out
Leg Extensions:
30# - 8 sets / 10-13
Squats:
15's - 8 sets/10 reps
Lunges:
15s – alternating – around d 4.5 each time, had to keep changing lead leg to even it out – got my heart rate up big time!
Plie squats
1 20# db – this started easy so I did low ends 14 reps – by the end I was quivering!
Hamstring Curls:
20# - started at 10 and finished at 8

incline TM walk - 15 minutes.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Hello again!

Quick post since I'm running late anyway! :)

Debbie - Sorry I missed your birthday. I hope it was a HAPPY one!!!

Diane Sue - You totally cracked me up when you said that your DH recorded you running on the treadmill when you were 108lbs and you looked like a skeleton running on the treadmill. Too funny!!! I know exactly what you mean though. Sometimes I see myself in the mirror or in pics and I think eeewww!!! But other times I will see my muscle tone and I'm happy (usually when I'm working out and they're pumped). I think a little more weight, not too much, and I'll be good.

Shana - Thanks for the tip on the almond butter stuff. I think I actually have some. Better find it. :p

Okay, better get in the shower. My legs are on fire at the moment!

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC week!!!

Morning Maniacs! Spent the weekend in Fruita Co., mountain biking. We had a fantastic time and explored some new areas. We got in over 8 hrs of riding in 2 days:cool:. I'm in better shape at the beginning of this biking season than I've ever been. Quite happy about that.

This mornings workout was snow shoveling if you can believe that! We got at least 6 inches and about 10 inches in the foothills. I'm so glad we went out of town this weekend and into the sunshine. It was in the upper 60's and low 70's in Fruita. Got me a nice farmers tan too.:p

I'm off to read what I missed the last few days.:)

My workout is done. Got to get showered and run errands before dh and I go out of town for the day. I started with a 1/2 mile w/up on the treadmill then did STS Meso 3 chest and back including the w/up. I finished off on the treadmill to make it 4 miles, then did STS extended stretch. Total calories burned was 772 calories.

forgot to add that I also did 3 sets of 15/12/10 ab raises and reverse curls on bench.

Debbie - your sound system sounds awesome!

Meals for today:

M1: on whey protein with skim milk (yummy)
M2: carb master yogurt
M3: tossed salad with carrots, cucumbers, tomato and pepper - lime vinegarett and apple
M4: turkey on whole wheat english muffin
M5: egg whites scrambled on ezekiel bread with cheddar cheese
M6: prop pudding - chocolate

calories1274 (low for me - may add another snack)
fat 22%
carbs 39%
protein 39%

great macros for me!

Diane Sue: I know you're probably gone now but when you get time, let me know what you think of Meso 3.

Dallys: That sounds like a fun weekend! We had yuck weather here so it was mostly spent indoors with the kiddos.

Debbie/Ally: I like reading about the Tabatas workouts- I never could find that darn Bruce Lee M&F mag (just the Arnold one) but I think I'll google it and find something when I'm ready to tackle it.

Meals: Nothing earth shattering for breakfast or lunch but I made the Pineapple Chicken in Muscle Chow last night and it was good. It was a little carb-y (with the pineapple and banana) but very tasty- I added cinnamon. I am also making a crock pot meal tonight with super lean beef stew meat, sweet potatoes, dried apricots, chickpeas and tomatoes. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Patti - I had a hard time finding also. I think I finally found it South Carolina at Kroger - but did not have it here in Nashville.

Okay, one word....BRUTAL!

Did Tabata Training for Chest this morning. Let's just say it was a humbling experience. Mad that somehow I managed to turn my HRM off so I have no idea of the calorie burn. Chest is already starting to get sore.

CHEST
Pushups
BW - 8 sets/10-8 reps **dropped to knees on 5th set***

Incline Bench Press
45# - 3 sets/10-8 reps
40# - 5 sets/8 reps ***Know I blew the 10 second rest here, but could not keep pushing the 45# bar. Better safe than sorry***

DB Press
20's - 8 sets/10-8 reps

DB Flyes
15's - 8 sets/8 reps

Could not believe how fast the four minutes went for each exercise.

CARDIO
Then finished with CTX Step & Interval cardio skipping the warmup.

Then of all things today I had to go get a mammogram!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Patti - Sent you a PM.

Linda - Nice going! Those pushups are a killer, aren't they? Bummer about your HRM. Mine kept losing my HR for some reason this morning. It hasn't done that at all since I started this program so not sure what was up with that.

Hi maniacs! Have the day off so got my workout done. Plyometrics and HIIT.

Dallys...sounds like you had a great weekend!

Suz...checked out your pics....you look incredible!

Linda...nice workout!

Linda - Nice going! Those pushups are a killer, aren't they? Bummer about your HRM. Mine kept losing my HR for some reason this morning. It hasn't done that at all since I started this program so not sure what was up with that.

Those pushups are just hell to be the first exercise and then think you have to keep going. :p:confused::p:confused:
Question: On your Over Head Ext, for Tri's are you doing that with one DB?
Oh and I could download that clock to my computer? I can only run it online.:(:(:(

Linda - did you get my PM from last week? I have to schedule my mammogram - keep forgetting so that was a good reminder to do that today!

Diane Sue - hope the day goes fine for you and DH.

Dallys - sounds like a great ride!

Patti - let us know how you like your new toy :)

I am about to start Disc 16...

Those pushups are just hell to be the first exercise and then think you have to keep going. :p:confused::p:confused:
Question: On your Over Head Ext, for Tri's are you doing that with one DB?
Oh and I could download that clock to my computer? I can only run it online.:(:(:(

Yes, I used one dumbbell for the overhead extensions - the last exercise. The first exercise I'm lying down using my barbell. So do you have internet access in your workout room? I hope so. That clock makes all the difference. I couldn't use that one, my dh found another clock online that he downloaded and I have no clue where he got it from.

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey Protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon PB pancake; 1/2 grapefruit
M3: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats; 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Zucchini Lasagna; Orange
M5: Mushroom Boca on 1 slice whole wheat bread
M6: Chicken Stew; salad w/Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate Protein Pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1610.5 calories
38.5 g. fat - 22%
143 g. protein - 35%
184 g. carbs - 46%

Linda - did you get my PM from last week? I have to schedule my mammogram - keep forgetting so that was a good reminder to do that today!

Shana
- I am sorry, yes I did get it. And will respond soon.;)

Yes, I used one dumbbell for the overhead extensions - the last exercise. The first exercise I'm lying down using my barbell. So do you have internet access in your workout room? I hope so. That clock makes all the difference. I couldn't use that one, my dh found another clock online that he downloaded and I have no clue where he got it from.

Debbie - Actually I do, but if it's raining I lose my connection a lot of the time. I downloaded a Tabata mp3 file to my player and used that this morning instead of the clock.

Debbie - Actually I do, but if it's raining I lose my connection a lot of the time. I downloaded a Tabata mp3 file to my player and used that this morning instead of the clock.

That's cool. Whatever works. But I know using my Pampered Chef timers the first week then going to the actual clock - it made a huge difference.

That's cool. Whatever works. But I know using my Pampered Chef timers the first week then going to the actual clock - it made a huge difference.

I can see that. 10 seconds sure does go fast. On the mp3 that I downloaded there is a guy telling you when to stop and start at the appropriate 20 and 10 sec intervals.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.