Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/18

Had a great Cardio and Abs workout this morning. Had TONS of energy. I ended up eating a half a sweet potato for dinner last night and even though my carbs were way up, it really made me feel good.

Today I chose Cardio Coach #6 with Candace and kicked her ass!

Cardio Stats:
58 minutes
5 minute below zone
25 minutes in zone
30 minutes above zone
487 calories burned
3.5 miles travelled

Then I did a tri-set Ab workout that consisted of:
Hanging Knee Raises
Decline Weighted Oblique Twists - 8#
Woodchops - 15#

***I did 3 sets, 15 reps each exercise with 1 minute rest between each triset.

TOTAL HR Stats:
1 hr. 10 minute
6 minutes below zone
36 minutes in zone
32 minutes above zone
587 calories burned!!!!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am gonna start earlier and get in my workout of chest/back/abs and then after lunch ride my bike for 18 miles.

Debbie,

WOW...nice calorie burn, girl! Way to do it!!

Morning Maniacs - Today I did cardio blast from drill max. Good workout. Followed up with the ab workout from Oxygen - have a great day.

Today I did legs and shoulders with 1 minute cardio runs in between. Still can't squat yet.

Started with 4DS HIS warm-up through 1st blast.

Legs
Leg Extensions
12/12/12 - 55# (up 5#)
SL Deadlift
12/12/12 - 105#
Calf Raises

25/20/20/20 - 35's (done front/in/out/front)

Shoulders
OHP
10/10/10 - 25's
Lateral Raise
12/12 - 15's
12 - 12's (shoulder's are giving me issues so I am trying not to push them to hard, front of shoulders was toast by this point in an ache kind of way:()
Rear Delt Flyes
15/15/15 - 12's (maxed the reps at 10's, so up to 2#, but dropped reps)

Then finished wis stretch from 4DS LIS. Workout was 62 minutes and burned 520 calories.

Loving the fact that abs are still getting sore from ab work

Debbie - Nice workout! Burn, baby, burn!

Debbie - You are welcome!

Ally - I started a reply to you, got disctracted and as I was closing out windows on my screen today, saw that one still up! Sorry. Yes, I did each round as a giant set. I see you already did them today (I guess those are the Oxygen abs you did?) What did you think?

Charlotte - What kind of bike do you ride? 18 miles sounds nice. Wish I was there to go with you :)

Linda - Awesome weights you are using!!!

Last night I did a Runervals. Now, keep in mind I am NOT a runner. This series really helps me push myself. I ran almost 3 MILES!!! That is huge for me. I can go forever with anything else but running. That fact alone only makes me want to push myself and conquer whatever it is about running that gets me, which is mostly breathing. Last night, I kept the pace at 6 mph (tried to up it but could not last long enough) and varying inclines, up to 6%. I burned 538 calories in 48 minutes - MAX HR was 188, AVG HR was 164. I went a total of 3.5 miles but some was walking at 4.5 mph on high inclines to keep my HR up.

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did Eoin Finn's Short Routine Yoga. It is 45 min., so not so short.:p Dh and I are going on a road bike ride later today. Probably around 20 miles. Still have a full bowl of blueberries outside, so I don't think the robin is Rob. Darnit.

Later.......

Last night I did a Runervals. Now, keep in mind I am NOT a runner. This series really helps me push myself. I ran almost 3 MILES!!! That is huge for me. I can go forever with anything else but running. That fact alone only makes me want to push myself and conquer whatever it is about running that gets me, which is mostly breathing. Last night, I kept the pace at 6 mph (tried to up it but could not last long enough) and varying inclines, up to 6%. I burned 538 calories in 48 minutes - MAX HR was 188, AVG HR was 164. I went a total of 3.5 miles but some was walking at 4.5 mph on high inclines to keep my HR up.

Shana - Nice run! That is some MAX HR! But wanted to let you know, you are not alone on the running. I am not a runner either. I suck at it. Can do other cardio forever but not so with running. Last year I really got into Cardio Coach on the TM trying to improve my running and I think I pushed to hard to fast. I managed to screw my let knee up for awhile. Haven't attempted a CC since. Too chicken I guess. Maybe I should try one of the short ones.:p

I got up early to get my workout in today before the grandchildren arrived. It is spring break this week and tonight the granddaughters are staying the night:D
My workout was STS disc 20 legs. I then did 4 10 minute solutions workout segments. Kettlebell Ultimate fat burner maximum fat burner and thigh and bun blaster segments with 15 & 20# kettlebells, then I did the Amy Bootcamp one cardio drills, and rock bottom sculpt. I finished with Tracey's Yoga Solutions post lower weight premix. Total calories burned was 766. I burned 339 during legs.
STS legs went like this:
trisets repeated 3 times, 10 reps each exercise 3 moves
triset 1
lateral step up 27# dumbbell
side side lunge with gliding disc and 27#dumbbell
1 leg sit and stands 22# dumbbell
triset 2
static lunge 36 # dumbbells
plie squats alternating hands46# dumbbell
1 leg slide back lunge with gliding disc and dumbbell
triset 3
narrow stance squats 41# dumbbells
45 degree lunge same leg 26# dumbbells
one leg sit and slide with gliding disc 1st set 37# , 2 sets 27#
triset 3
3 sets 1 leg calf raises 1 sets 37#20reps,2 sets 30# 20 reps

Linda - That is the most I have ever run in my life! All during school, in PE, I sucked at running. It isn't just a mental thing now and I'm glad to hear I am not alone! My ex DH tended to get overweight easily. He wasn't very active. When he started to gain too much weight, he would just go out and start running forever. It always made me so mad!! And those people on Biggest Loser - just running forever. HUH?!? I was beyond thrilled with my tiny amount last night - it was slow but steady and I didn't die :p Thanks for sharing your running experience. Sometimes I feel like such a moron for not being able to do it b/c I just assumed everybody but me could! You have such indredible cardio endurance - it really makes me feel better to know it's not just me! Have you ever heard of Runervals? The intervals are shorter than CC (well, some of the CCs). He gives you speeds at base pace + whatever (the one I did was b.p. + anywhere from 3-5 I think it was - I ignored it and just did the 6mph) and inclines. No matter - don't leave Coach Sean all alone in your mp3 player! Poor guy...!

Shana - Like Linda said, I am also not a runner. But thanks to the Cardio Coach workouts, I consider myself a "jogger" now. LMAO! Even though I do sprints and love them, my endurance for long runs have never been that great. Now I can do a slow jog for long periods of time. And I can't believe it. I never thought I was a runner but now I think it's possible that I am! Good job on the workout.

Today I chose Cardio Coach #6 with Candace and kicked her ass!

Debbie...Don'tcha just love workouts like that?! I felt that way with my leg workout yesteday...I rocked it!

Last night I did a Runervals. Now, keep in mind I am NOT a runner. This series really helps me push myself. I ran almost 3 MILES!!! That is huge for me.

Shanna...You go girl! I will join the club of NOT being a runner....I have to be in the right mind set to want to run.

Today's workout will be Chest/Back and HIIT on bike.

Dallys...bummer that's not Rob! :(

I LOVE you guys...ahem...awesome gals!!! I was always embarrassed about my lack of running ability I think b/c I took such a beating about it in school - coaches always pushing me and telling me I was faking it. It seems everyone could run but me. The thing is, I've always wanted to be able to run. Now I know I am not alone - I really respect all of you and to know that running isn't your greatest ability either makes me feel better. Thanks for sharing - I suddenly don't feel weak, knowing I am in great company of other powerful chics who are not runners either :)

I LOVE you guys...ahem...awesome gals!!! I was always embarrassed about my lack of running ability I think b/c I took such a beating about it in school - coaches always pushing me and telling me I was faking it. It seems everyone could run but me. The thing is, I've always wanted to be able to run. Now I know I am not alone - I really respect all of you and to know that running isn't your greatest ability either makes me feel better. Thanks for sharing - I suddenly don't feel weak, knowing I am in great company of other powerful chics who are not runners either :)

Same with me. I always was so slow in gym class. I hated it. I was one of the kids that never got picked for the teams. Always the last one standing there. Plus, when I ran back then I'd get these horrible stitches in my side. I couldn't run anymore because it hurt so bad. I hated that. I don't get that much now, especially because I don't eat before I run.

I run like an ole crippled lady if that makes anyone feel any better. You know, when you see someone out there moving along, doing a run/walk/sore-knee-hobble kind of thing and you say, "What the F is that?". Well, that's me.:p

I could run as a kid, but then I grew up.:rolleyes:

I run like an ole crippled lady if that makes anyone feel any better. You know, when you see someone out there moving along, doing a run/walk/sore-knee-hobble kind of thing and you say, "What the F is that?". Well, that's me.:p

I could run as a kid, but then I grew up.:rolleyes:

LMAO Dallys! You are so funny! :D

Shana - Maybe once my knee heals from the fall I'll let Coach Sean out to play:p:p:p:p Have to admit I could listen to that voice forever.

I could run as a kid. But like Dallys says then I grew up. I have to admit I find running as form of cardio utterly boring, which is why I never do it. So when I do I try, it leaves me winded and panting like I am some kind of couch potato:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:!

Shana - I like the ab routine. I did them as a giant set and only had time for two - so 2 sets of 30 - I will hit them again soon.

Thanks so much. I am going for a hike this afternoon. It is sunnay and 73 here! I have spring fever really bad!

I didn't post yesterday's workout but it was chest and back from Amy's Slo Mo Strength. Today, earlier I did Ravi and Ana's A.M. workout and then just now I finished Legs and Glutes through the outer thigh extensions and then abs from LIC. Just watched this on line news clip on this 70 year old great grandmother who set a power lifting record! I'm not sure what the weight was, but they showed her in the gym benching 160. She did some pretty heavy deadlifts too. It was amazing and so cool to see!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.