Meals for today:
M1: egg white cheese/veggie omelet, 1 slice ezekiel toast
M2: protein drink, almonds, rice cake w/nat. p-nut butter, banana
M3: 5 oz orange roughy, 2 cups mixed greens w/veggies, lite viniagrette, orange
M4: 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup strawberries
M5: lean turkey patty, 1 cup broccoli
M6: pro pudding
Calories:1,535, Carbs:111g, Fat:36g, Protein:188g

Workout for today is Cardio. Will probabaly try out another CC.

Sonya: Good leg workout! I need to do leg extensions again- got out of the habit since I've been doing Cathe workouts. Eh, after STS- gotta have 300 projects lined up, you know!

Pro Pudding: Every time you all mention it, I WANT it. :) I might order some today- good to have snack variety.

Debbie: By the way, made my almost 2 year old son the chocolate pancake this morning- he was in loooove. He still smells like syrup. :)

Meals for the day
M1: Protein pancake (cottage cheese one, yum)
M2: Spinach salad with chopped up veggie burger, FF feta, veggies and balsamic vinegar and olive oil + apple
M3: Greek yogurt and frozen blueberries
M4: Turkey meatballs w/ marinara sauce over a bit of WW pasta
M5: Greek yogurt and frozen strawberries

I was supposed to have a dental check up today but they called in the middle of my workout to say the hygenist was sick. So ran my errands anyway.
I put in Mesocycle 1 disc 3 and looked over my workout card I had printed and Cathe says we're doing walking lunges
icon_surprised.gif
My card said wide stance deadlifts. So I looked and the card said Disc 3. So I checked the dvd. It was the right one.Huh?? So I stopped and went back to try printing a new card. This time it was correct. I still don't know what happened
Anyway, I did the w/up on 4Day Split LIC(I like more of a warm up) then I did Disc 3 legs, STS abs stbility ball, no equipment, and Weights and plates, I finished with STS extended stretch. No cardio today. Didn't want to push my luck on the knee. So far so good
icon_biggrin.gif
Total calories burned was 560 60% fat.
Edited to add weights (I think I could have gone heavier on some although I was being cautious first time back to legs in awhile)
walking lunges & plie squats body weight
one leg touch down squats I wore my 1# weighted gloves
firewalkers purple dynaband
one leg elevated lunges 20# dumbbells 8 reps
deadlifts wide stance dumbbells 30's 15 reps
one leg slide back lunges with gliding disc 15# dumbbells 16 reps
side slide lunges with gliding disc and 15# dumbbell 16 reps
wall squat with ball and leg extension body weight 10 reps
squats 30# dumbbells
calf raises 30# dumbbells the workout card says 16 reps?? I counted way more than that
front lunge same leg 25# dumbbells 15 reps
Stiff leg deadlifts platform 25# dumbbells 15 reps
Wall squats double leg (this says body weight) they used dumbbells I used 15's 8 reps
lateral step ups dumbbell 20# 15 reps
drop side lunges and stand with knee lift 12# dumbbell 15 reps
sequential lunge into front kick combo 15# dumbbells
squats narrow stance 30# dumbbells 15 reps
bonus
pulse leg to side straight leg R&L 24 reps
bent leg pulse to side balance gliding disc(paper plate) 24 reps
front back fan kicks with ball (front & back 1 rep) 12 reps
calf raises body weight 25reps (for some reason I thought I did more than that) hmm, I need to check it out
tibialis press and pulls with stability ball 25reps

Last edited:
Debbie: Thanks, but no thanks, that's another 50 bucks a month expenses. What I can do is this :confused: I love puddings for a buck:rolleyes:. I can add a scoop of BSN. That should work for me, I need to find more ways to get protein.

Wow, don't know if I can remember what everyone said. But will try!

Shana
- On those hooks you posted. I have those and hate them. They dig into my hands & wrist something awful! Like Patti says I have versagripps now and love them. Money well spent. But if you are determined to try the others pm me your address and I'll send you mine! :p

Debbie - Glad to see you able to lift again. Can't wait to see how the rotation goes.

Teddy - Use the 15# Kb the first time through! Better safe than sorry!

My shoulder injury from Friday is still feeling good, but I decided no KBs for me this week. Just too much swinging that weight around and I thought slow and controlled would be wiser. I decided on a week of Amy's Slo Mo Challenge doin the three full body premixes. But don't you know, last night I am taking my purse off, it's a backback style, and when I pull the right arm back pain shoots down the outside of the shoulder and starts aching. Friday the front of the shoulder, last night the outside. What is up with that shoulder?????
Shoulder felt okay this morning so I proceeded as planned , with caution.
Let me just add I love these workouts. Many of the exercises are so different.

[FONT=&quot]Total Body Challenge 1: warm up from leg

I think the rep count for most of these was eight, but could be wrong on some, so the first number represents how many sets at that weight.

Jefferson squats done on alternating sides
1 - 35
2 - 30 ***The toes in and out on this are killer***

Hammy rockers
1 - 20's
1 - 15's ***need a strong low back for these***

Lying row on ball
2 - 25's
1 - 20's ***felt this a lot in back of shoulder, ?***

Shoulder press on Ball with barbell
2 - 35# ***Nothing different here, but was reall cautious with this one***

Bicep Bonfire
2 - 15's
1 - 12's ***This hit the biceps like nothing I have ever done before, the name says it all:eek:****

French curls w/ DB (aka schullcrushers)
3 - 35# ***found the 35# DB hard to hold in the horizonital position:confused:****

That is all that was scheduled, but felt like the chest was neglected so I added the following:
Decline Bench Press
2 - 65# ***Now this is where I felt Friday's injury in the front on my shoulder. Could not bring the elbow past chest level, so I basically worked the top half of the move***

Then did a 12 minutes cardio blast of 6 intervals at a 30/60 ratio. Burned 493 calories.

, Stretch from chest section

[/FONT]

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just posting my workout. First day of Toasty Rotation. Did skip the warm up and just went into it.

Tri-Set 1
Bench Press 65# 10x's
Overhead Press 20's 10x's
Alt DB Curls 25's 10x's
REPEATED Tri Set
Cardio: Wide Step Jumps off Stepper 2/16

Tri Set 2:
One Arm Rows 30# DB 12x's
Step Ups 20's 12x's
Dips 12x's
REPEATED Tri Set
Cardio: Running up and downstairs for 2 mins.

Tri Set 3:
Deadlifts 100# 12x's
Upright Rows 20's 10x's
Front Raise 12's and 10x's
REPEATED Tri Set
Cardio: Wide Step Jumps off Stepper 2/16

Tri Set 4:
ATG Squats 100# 10x's
Plie Squats 100# 10x's
DB Pullovers 35# (went lighter due to my issue with neck, etc.) 10x's
REPEATED Tri Set
Cardio: Just went right into MM abs instead

Hey Crazies! Today I did CLX Push Circuit #1 and 200 swings.No time to really catch up with all you chatters. It snowed today. Kind of a blizzardy wet snow.

Here's my workout

[FONT=&quot]Push Circuit #1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- 8 reps, slow 4x4 count.

Standard Bicep Curl-20's
Standard Squat-30's (to lazy to load the barbell)
Single Arm Tricep Extension-15 (thinking I might use band next to make harder)
V Press Biceps-15's
breakdown set-15's
Single Leg Squat-25's
breakdown set-25's
Overhead Triceps Extension-25
breakdown set-25
Hammer Biceps-15's
breakdown set-15's
Heel Squat-25's
breakdown set-25's
Pushups-8
breakdown set-4

200 swings at 50 a whack with my 18lber. Will up to my 26lber next week.

[/FONT]
Dallys and Linda

I just received Newport, what would be a good weight for me to start with 15’s or 20’s. Thanks :)
I used my 18lber. And it was plenty of weight. I'd go with the 15 for sure.

Anybody have any lifting strap/hook things? These were posted on the STS forum: http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/altus-power-weight-lifting-hooks.html I need something like this. If you have any faves, please let me know.
I use the grips that bodybuilding.com has. I have used them tons with CLX. I HAVE too, or I can't hold the weights that long. I need to checkout the versagrips.

Hello ladies,

I haven't done much in the way of cardio for a while, so tonight I did the first half of Sculpt Sweatfest (Tracey Staehle), which I think is a fun routine. Then I did the abs from Sculpt Sweatfest (she has it on the step dvd too), which has a pretty tough plank section. Well, time for bed!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.