Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 1/9

What the heck is going on????????????????????Hi Kids....so glad this week is over! Felt like I spent more time at the district office then at my own school site!Just catchin' up w/ya all...Debbie...you are getting in some great cardio workouts! Thanks for sharing the link to the Oxygen article...totally cool! Char...I am so jealous of the amount you lift for biceps. Impressive!Teddy...I can't believe you got up at 4:40 a.m. to workout! I wouldn't wake up that early unless it was a life or death situation!Diane Sue...I am so bummed that the Sooners lost. But I like Tim Tebow...he is a great athlete and humanitarian... so kudos to him!Suz...I recently purchased GS legs too....isn't it awesome!Dally's...are ya liking CLX? I will wait to hear your results after you complete the rotation to consider purchasing it.Patti...good job on lifting heavier. I think you and I are in the same boat. I wanted to build more muscle and knew what I had to do in order to accomplish that....lift heavier and eat more. Lifting heavier was the easy part, eating more a bit more difficult as I am not a big eater to begin with. Debbie gave me some great advice but the best was reading BFFM and following Tom Venuto's methodologies. I have seen great improvements

I started this morning with Sharon's Twombly's CIA Athletic Step Jam stopping during the stabilty ball segment where they jump across the room holding the ball between their knees. That hurts my knee. I skipped the abs and did the stretch. I burned 690 calories doing this. When I came back from taking the girls to school I did Tracey's Circuit zone upper premix repeating the kettlebell pullovers(wasn't planning on that but grandbaby got hold of the remote and I couldn't just go back to my spot) I burned 214 calories doing that workout. I went on and did MIS upper and stretch and Circuit Zone Foam roller segment. Total calories burned was 1273 today. I was surprised when I got done. HR got up to 154 and I burned 40% fat.
Workout went like this:Circuit Zone
w/up girlfight Kickbox moves
pullovers using 20# kettlebell (repeat)
bench press 12# dumbbells
push ups knee tucks on bench no weight
reverse flys 15# dumbbells
4 way bicep curls 15# dumbbells
overhead tricep extension 20# kettlebell 16 reps
wood chops 10# medicine ball
foam roller tricep french press /bench press 15# medicine ball
3 way tricep kickbacks 12# dumbbells
wide grip rows 15# dumbbells 16 reps
lateral raise flip up flip down 12# dumbbells
overhead press 12# dumbbells
v rows 10# dumbbells
MIS Upper
Push ups 2 sets 16 reps no weight
Barbell bench press 25# 2 sets 16 reps
dumbbell flys 10# dumbbells 2 sets 16 reps
1 arm row 25# dumbbell LR 16 reps 4 sets ( I repeated these)
Barbell Row 2 sets 1 underhand 12 reps45#, 1 overhand 16 reps45#
reverse flys 15# dumbbells 2 sets 12 reps
barbell upright row( I used dumbbells because these hurt my shoulder more with a barbell) 1 set 12 reps 12's, 1 set 12 reps 12's
barbell overhead press 1 set 12 reps, 1 set 8 reps 35#
dumbbell lateral raise 1 set 12 reps 15# dumbbells, 1 set 16 reps 15#
dumbbells
barbell crazy 8's 1 set 35# 24 reps; 1 set 35# 20 reps
hammer curls 1 set 15# dumbbells 12 reps, 1 set 24 reps alternating 20#
tricep french press 2 sets 12 reps 40# barbell
triceps dips 40# barbell 1 set 24 reps, 1 set 16 reps
triceps kickbacks 1 arm 4 sets 12 reps each arm 15# dumbbell

So I'm using our lap top and it seems to be ok. Must be an error with our other computer in regards to the posting problems I was having...or user error:p
This is my workout from yesterday...
CHEST
Pure Strength:
Push ups off step: 2 sets/12 reps
Bench Press w/u: 45# - 16 reps
Bench Press: 75# - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Bench Press: 65# - 2 sets/10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 25's – 10 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flies: 20's – 10 reps
Incline Super Sets: 15's– 9 reps
BodyMax 2:
Decline Pushups on Stability Ball: 8 reps w/different counts
Wide Stance Pushups: 16 reps
SHOULDERS
Pure Strength:
Arnold Press: 20's – 1 set/10 reps, 15's - 2 sets/10 reps
Seated Clean & Press: 10's – 2 sets/8 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10's - 2 sets/10 reps
Reverse "Y" Flies: 10's – 2 sets/10 reps
Side Lateral Raises: 10's – 16 reps
BodyMax 2:
Supersets
Arm Circles: 8's
Lateral Raises: 8's
TRICEPS
Pure Strength:
Close Grip Dumbell Press: 25's – 1 set/12 reps 1 set/10 1 set/8 reps
Lying Tricep DB Extensions: 10's – 2 sets/10 reps
Cross Body Extensions: 8's – 2 sets/10 reps
Lying Tricep Extensions: 10's – 12 reps
Weighted Dips: 55# – 15/15/15
BodyMax 2:
Overhead Dumbbell Extension on Ball: 20# - 8 reps different counts
Double Arm Kickbacks: 8's - 24 reps
Double Arm Kickbacks: 5's - 4 reps w/4 pulses
ABS...did my own workout
Hanging Leg Raises 15/12/10
Bench V-ups 15/12/10
Bench Reverse Crunch 15/12 10
Frog Crunch 50
Oblique Crunches 16/16
Crunches (variety) 50
Reverse Crunch 16/16
Planks (1 min rest in between) 1 minute-on elbows / 2x, 1 minute straight arm / 2x

Todays workout....Step Blast. I just got the dvd Wednesday so wanted to check it out! Great workout...and fun! I could do all the moves but when she put them all together and went a bit faster I had to rewind a couple times. Once I learn it better I can tell it will be a great w/out and calorie burner!

Sonya, I have been through strange stuff with my computers too. Glad you have it working right now. BTW nice workout:D

Sonya - Nice workout yesterday! You really worked those abs!!! No wonder they look like they do. I really need to start working mine more. I'm glad you were able to post on your laptop.

Diane Sue - So is your shoulder doing pretty well for the most part? When you were rehabbing it, did you focus on that and not on "weight lifting" per se for shoulders? Do dips not bother it? I guess not if you can put a 40# barbell on your lap while doing them! I can only do about 15 dips without weight and the front of my shoulder kills me. Gregg stretched it today and he told me that he is confident that I can rehab it by doing rotator cuff exercises and other exercises to work all of the other muscles that support the larger muscles instead of doing the things I have been doing like front raises, side raises, etc. And I think I've mentioned that he has said absolutely no overhead presses. The only thing I worry about is that my shoulders will get smaller (you know, like they're so huge :p). BUT...I want it to get better and that's the most important thing. And I absolutely do not want surgery.
That was a great workout you had. Sounds like your little granddaughter is getting more involved in it everyday!

Suz - I definitely want the Hillacious. That is on my list for my next order. Of course, I want them all...! Dropping the Hammer is probably going to be in that order too.

Dallys - Mix1 is an awesome drink- well, I think so! I am out of my favorite one but it is carrot and something else - very light tasting. Has 9 servings of fruits and veggies and some protein, fiber, high antioxidants. They also have one that is more protein and it is good too but I don't usually drink one at once b/c it has more sugars than I like, even though they are all natural sweeteners. This one has 4 or 5 servings of fruits and veggies. It is all natural. I get mine at Whole Foods.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Not posting my workout today. Was terrible. Had 0 energy. Embarrassing. Not gonna! Sad. Did PS Chest/Shoulders and Triceps. I did good with the pushups..not much else. I did 25 hanging knee raises, 25 decline crunches and various other crunches.

Tomorrow Step Blast. Have a meditation class in the morning. Have no idea if I will look completely lost and out of place as there are lots of people that have been going to this class since last October and I will be the newbie. :eek: Should prove interesting. I am hoping to learn some stuff.

I am hoping next week I will have time to chat more.

Suz - I definitely want the Hillacious. That is on my list for my next order. Of course, I want them all...! Dropping the Hammer is probably going to be in that order too.

Dallys - Mix1 is an awesome drink- well, I think so! I am out of my favorite one but it is carrot and something else - very light tasting. Has 9 servings of fruits and veggies and some protein, fiber, high antioxidants. They also have one that is more protein and it is good too but I don't usually drink one at once b/c it has more sugars than I like, even though they are all natural sweeteners. This one has 4 or 5 servings of fruits and veggies. It is all natural. I get mine at Whole Foods.

Have you cleaned your house today???? :D:p

Charlotte - You should never be afraid to post your workouts. Even on a bad day, you still blow us all away!!! Enjoy your meditation class. Should be fun! I started offering them at my college. A Buddhist monk came up from a Buddhist center in Ft. Collins, CO and wanted to start running some classes so I said sure. They've done okay for this "not so progressive" town. :)

Shana - I'll let you know how those DVD's are. Our bike shop ordered them so I don't have to pay shipping.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.