Hardcore Fitness Manaics for Sept 27

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Not feeling like working out again. I'm off to attempt 40-45 minutes of Spinning. My legs are sore and my low back is stiff. Not feeling it this morning. Be back in a bit.

I'm back. I ended up doing Cy-Yo Fire workout. I skipped the beginning yoga segment and did the cardio and ending yoga. Workout was 54" and I burned 349 calories. I then ended up doing the 10 minutes of yoga from the beginning of the workout cuz my back was still very stiff/sore.

I've really got to get over this depression from the recent occurrence in my life. I haven't wanted to get out of bed at all since it happened. However, I'm so upset by this that I honestly don't think I'll "get over it" until I get another job. I hope better times are ahead.

Have great workouts everyone. I've got to do my neck stretches and go grocery shopping this morning.

Good Morning, I started my workout with Kimberly Spreen's Kickbox Bootcamp stopping at the core, then did Tracey Staehle's Sweatfest Kick Box short sweat mix no w/up. I am going to go back and do lower body and stretching. I am trying to do some heavier stuff this week since I will just be doing light weights and tubing when I am gone. I am trying to get things packed up and clean house since we will be gone next week with our trailer.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

This morning was cardio so I did Cardio Coach #3 which is only 35 minutes and then I stayed on my treadmill doing steady state until I reached an hour. Had a pretty good workout.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]1 hr.
52 min. in zone
366 calories burned (surprised with that!)
3.4 miles travelled
[/font]

That is all!

Good Morning
Tonight is KPC! Power hour was good last night. My back started hurting on the squats again. I dont know how cathe does 40 the whole time! I did finish the squats only with 24 lbs.
Have a great day ladies
Randi

This morning I did Christi’s Totally Hot Cardio (cardio and bonus cardio) followed by the calves and floor work from Gym Style legs. I’ll do abs tonight or tomorrow (which is my rest day).

Lora – I’m so sorry you’re depressed. I wish I had some advice for you. Just know we’re all pullin’ for you! :)

WD – Great workout (as usual). Where are you going? (I must’ve missed the vacation post/s.)

Lisa – have fun. Imax 2 and Step Blast are both super fun!!!

Randi – KP&C is hands down (or guard up!) my favorite kickboxing workout of all time. Enjoy!

Dallys – quit dinking around! Just kidding!

Debbie – Wow, I just got CC3 and plan on trying it this Saturday! I don’t own a treadmill so I was going to use it outside. Hope it’s conducive to that kind of training (I’ve never used a Cardio Coach before!)

Marcia

Marcia - I know you guys are all pulling for me. I tend to suffer from depression anyway....so it's not really too big a deal for me. I'm still just in shock from this most recent occurrence.

Which brings me to my confession. Just got home from grocery shopping and you know, that doesn't go well with depression. In a moment of weakness, I bought the Chocolate Lucky Charms .......which I'd never have known about if I didn't read Skwigg's blog!! Of course, as soon as I unpacked them, I measured a serving out (110 calories and 14 grams of sugar....not too terrible) but then I ended up eating another 1/4th cup....also not that bad....I guess. But, I bought 4 small chocolate chip cookies that I intend on eating later. Depression makes me want to sleep and eat bad stuff! I usually don't lose my motivation to workout....but that seems to have left the building lately. I need you ladies to help get me back on track. I need a rotation to get psyched about and some words of wisdom from all of you DEVOTED DEDICATED dieters!!

I'm gonna take a drive downtown to see where my interview is on Monday. I like to be prepared and I've got nothing else to do !!

Anyone here like Ellen Barret? She just came out with a cardio/pilates DVD. I'm gonna check it out when I get back from my trip downtown. I used to love her Fat Burning Pilates tape. It's good for rest days or easy days.

I finished my workout. I did Muscle Max Lower premix(no str), then did Gym Style calves, floorwork and stretch. I added on Amys Stretch and abs stretch#1.

Marcia, dh has business in another part of the state so we got a camping spot by a lake in the area and are taking our trailer for the week. It will be kind of relaxing on my part:) When I first got cardio coach I did it indoors using a jump rope and some interval type moves like on some of Cathe's dvd's to get my HR up. On hills I used the step bench and at a fast pace then I would row on the Bowflex on the segments where you were supposed to catch your breath. So I think anyone can use them.

Lora, I hope things work out for you soon. Don't beat yourself up for eating the wrong food. Just put the junk somewhere out of sight or give it away. I would be in trouble with chocolate Lucky Cahrms myself. I had my grandchildren try to get me to get it and I told them no because I would eat the whole box. I was thinking maybe you could do that rotation in Muscle and Fitness with the heavy bag. Can you do that with your foot? Hopefully Cathe's new ones come out soon.

Hello!

This morning I did biceps and triceps and then when it FINALLY got light at 6:30 I got on my bike and met my girlfriend for an hour ride. I couldn't get my bike computer to come on so I have no idea how far we went or how fast. It was windy, so I probably don't want to know anyway. :)

Lora - I don't know if I mentioned the other drug my neurologist is putting me on is an anti-depressant. He made it a point to tell me that he knows I'm not depressed but they use it for migraines and they use something like 1/4 of the strength. He said it's an old drug and they rarely use it for depression anymore. I think they use it to help people sleep. I can't remember what it is. I have to go pick it up in a few minutes so I'll let you know. Between that and the Topamax, I'm going to be sleeping like a baby! As for you, don't give up! You are one of the most motivated people I know. No matter what you go through I have never known you to stop your workouts. You are so dedicated. That is such a great quality. I would probably just stay in bed and hide under the covers. Now that you've had your cereal, tape up the box good and save it for a cheat day or give it away. And don't buy it again! You've worked too hard to let it all go down the drain!

Off to pick up my prescriptions.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Lora- keep your chin up! In the past I have used Anthony Robbins motivational tapes when I have felt like nothing was going right. However, since I've been working in the intensive care unit at the hospital....I have gained a whole new appreciation for my life as it is...alive and well!

Lisa - I know.....that's what I've been thinking and praying about. At least I have my health............it could be much worse. thanks for that!

Suz- I wonder if that drug is Elavil? I take Elavil for "chronic pain" and it is an older drug that is also sort of but not really an antidepression med. Let me know. The generic name is amitryiptyline.

RE; the Lucky Charms.....to be totally honest, I won't pitch them. It is a lot better for me to get a chocolate fix with 110 calories and 14 grams of sugar versus the real deal of a zillion calories and fat ladened "real chocolate". I just have to make sure I don't get addicted to them. I did have another serving this afternoon.....but that's it. I put them away and will save them for my strong chocolate cravings. I ate some mini Milkyways at my Mom's yesterday too. I think I crave chocolate cuz it releases Dopamine in your brain (which is that feel good hormone that is similar to the chemical reaction your brain undergoes when taking certain drugs, etc). I think that's why when I'm deprssed, I crave chocolate.....cuz my brain needs the serotonin/dopamine release.

Diane Sue - thanks for reminding me about that M&F Hers rotation. I'll look at it and plan on doing it. Kickboxing isn't too bad on my foot with my boot on. I just didn't think it was good cuz I don't remember you saying anything about it when I first mentioned it. The other reason I was iffy on doing it is cuz I think it works front side and back side of the body (not quite sure) like the rotation I just came off of. I'll give it a look again but I couldn't figure out if it was a total body or parts workout when I studied it before. Do you have it? If so, will you glance at it and tell me how many times a week you think I should do it and what it is as far as front/back, total. I'm having a brain warp.

Charlotte - have you glanced at the BPAL update yet? Midnight Kiss sounds wonderful......and there are Pirate themed Forum only scents....one is a Wedding inspired scent Beth made to commemorate her upcoming Wedding to Tedwin on October 31st. It's been said to smell like Trick 1!!! Yum. Also, Midnight kiss is red musk, cocoa....sandalwood etc and it was the big hit at Will Call. I bet Beth's wedding will be quite an affair.....a Pirate themed wedding on Halloween in true "Beth" fashion! I'd love to see it. I hope she posts pictures. Have you ever seen Tedwin? He's quite a looker. He's a Libra like me.

Lora - It's Trazodone and I'm only taking 50mg once a night. Zzzzzz.... :) And it was only $4 at Wal-Mart!!!!! Praise the Lord! My prescriptions are ALWAYS the $40 ones - the most expensive on my insurance plan. Woo hoo!!! I knew they had these $4 ones but I've NEVER had one that qualifies. Of course the other one I got for migraines, the Relpax (which is like Imitrex but without the side effects that I hate), was $40. But I'm not complaining because a) I HAVE insurance and b) I got one for $4!!! :eek:

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Suz - I took that once when I was younger for "my nerves". My DH would have a fit if I took something like that. He's really weird about me taking medications cuz of our histories! He's mad enough that I take Zanaflex for muscle spasms and Elavil, etc. I'm glad it was cheap and I hope it works for you.

Lora, sorry I couldn't get back here sooner. Our internet and phone service were down. I did respond back to you on this before but I think it was late. I have that workout laid open in my workout room. Keep thinking I am going to try it out. It really looks like it targets everything both days. Also says you can do it 2 times or 4 times a week but to allow 24 hours between workouts. I was thinking of doing it two times and then doing another workout during the week.

Diane Sue - thanks....sorry ...I guess I missed your post. I'm looking at it now. It does appear to work almost everything but one seems to have more emphasis on biceps and the other shoulders? I'd want to do it 4 times a week, but it wouldn't work for me cuz I wouldn't be able to have the 24 hours rest. I wonder if I could do it 3 times a week instead and just keep alternating the workouts so the muscles would be balanced? I'll have to modify a lot of the treadmill, etc for my foot....on the rebounder. I was also looking at the other routine after that one and I might do that in the future too. thanks for your help

Lora - Yeah, it seems weird to be on something like that for migraines, but I guess if it works, I'll be happy about that. And the dosage is low, so that's good. My neurologist has a daughter who has (or probably "had" migraines) and he said she got them from him. So I'm glad he's sympathetic and wants to work on making them go away as much as possible. As much as I don't like taking something daily, I don't like taking as much Excedrin as I do and I hate Imitrex and really don't want to have to take Relpax if I don't have to. I could try to suffer through them, but then how do you even work? Sometimes you just can't.

Suz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.