Hardcore Check in October 19,2009 Monday

WD

Cathlete
I thought I would get this started. I am getting ready to go do Jari's Extremely Ripped 1000 full workout. I have only done one of the workouts and the cardio only mix. I had a nice rest day. Today I need to get some work done around here.

Well, I successfully managed to saboutage all my clean eating/weight loss efforts, so I'm thoroughly annoyed with myself. I ate out way too much, went to a party, and was absolutely useless yesterday.

I'm starting a new total body rotation. I will incorporate p90x, cathe, and I'll try chalean one more time (maybe). I will probably throw an AOS kb workout in there.

Diane Sue-I just ordered that Jari video. I hope I like it. Let me know your thoughts on the entire workout.

Hello to all that follow.

Theresa

Started a 4 week Turbulance Training rotation this morning. Didn't get the cardio in because DH decided not to get me up this morning. I still have the stupid cough and he thinks I need rest. Workout was only 35 minutes, and I be back to post stats later.

Today was Meso 3, Week 1, Disc 26, Plyo Legs. Had a pretty darn good workout and this went fast which made it all the better. I was wiped by the end. This was intervals of a weight exercise, 30 seconds rest and a ply movement for 30 seconds. Then you rest again for 30 seconds and do another weight exercise, etc.. It was pretty fun.

Squats (barbell) - 85#/12 reps
Down- Up Jumps
Front Lunge Same Leg - 30's/12 reps each leg
Forward & Backard Jumps
Side Lunge - 20#/12 reps each leg
Lateral Skates
Leg Press - 15's/12 reps - 4 risers
Split Jumps
Back Lunge - 15's/12 reps each leg
Lateral Jumps
45 Degree Lunge - 15's/12 reps each leg
Slow Plie Jumps
Deadlifts Wide Stance - 20's/12 reps
Squat Jumps
Static Lunge - 15's/12 reps each leg
Half Turn Jumps Right Side - 8#/15 turns
One Leg Sit N Slide with Paper Plate - 15#/12 reps each leg
Plyo Jacks
Plie Squats Alternating Hand - 30#/12 reps
Tuck Jumps
One Leg Elevated Lunges - 12's/12 reps 3 risers
Half Turn Jumps Left Side - 8#/15 turns
Sit N Stands - 10#/12 reps
Power Scissors Alternating
Sequential Lunge Into Front Kick Combo - 15's/12 reps each leg
Slow Air jacks

As you can see, my weights got really light towards the end. I was wiped out. But my endurance is really good. I didn't need any longer breaks then what Cathe did.

I finished my workout. My new hr monitor is frustrating me. When I think it was stopped it wasn't then when my son in law came with the baby(I was not expecting) I thought I turned it back on and I hadn't. Sooo I went back and repeated the segments that I missed with it running. Funny thing is that it added an extra 30 minutes time which I know was not working out. Maybe I never stopped it and it counted the times I had to get the grandbaby out of things and answer the phone. I think I will do this one again but with my Polar HR monitor. Also I thought the monitor had my calories low because I got into the 164 hr zone. Felt I was working hard. The extra time added to the original 78 minutes was 33. So I am wondering if I only thought the monitor was still stopped. I burned 685 calories doing Jari's Extremely Ripped 1000( I think this should have been closer to by the burn I got doing workout#1 with the pushups and abs segment and stretch added) At the end I did 10 minute solution Bootcamp with Amy abs and stretch adding another 94 calories.
Total calories burned was 779. Not sure about the other stuff because it didn't make sense to me either. It says 87 G(I guess that is fat?) in zone 12:18 minutes, below zone 35 min, above zone 43:45.
I think there is something wrong with the monitor because I am pretty sure I understand the booklet but the buttons are not always working. Also I put no chimes, no beeps and it will not shut up:eek: May have to take it back.
Oh, and I really do like this workout. I felt I was working hard. I just don't think I like this hr monitor.

Diane Sue - Sorry to hear about your HRM. That is frustrating. I hate when stuff like that happens. I hope it works better for you next time. What model is it?

Debbie, I bought the Sportline SX universal combo at Walmart. It has the touch hr or the strap. I wore the strap. When I turned it back on after my shower to look at my stats again it still had me burning calories :0 I got up to over 800 looking at it. It wouldn't stop when I pushed the ss button.

Last edited:
Debbie, I bought the Sportline SX universal combo at Walmart. It has the touch hr or the strap. I wore the strap. When I turned it back on after my shower to look at my stats again it still had me burning calories :0 I got up to over 800 looking at it. It wouldn't stop when I pushed the ss button.

That's the HRM I have. And yes, you have to hold the stop/start button for 4 seconds to make it stop, but it still keeps track of your HR stats. Not sure why but I sometimes find this handy.

Also, mine keeps track of my HR better when I put aloe vera gel on the strap pads. Not sure why, but it does. And to stop the beeping you either have to have it on or off. There are two beeps, one for the hour beep and one for when you are in your in-zone. I went into the "zones" setting manually and only have it beeping for me when I'm in my below zone. When I get to the in-zone it stops beeping. That drove me nuts too, I hate that beeping crap. But you can turn it off. I'll get my Sportline book and tell you what page to look at to make this change.

Honestly, though, this is my favorite HRM that I've owned. I love it.

Debbie, thanks. Maybe I just need to mess with it some more and get used to it. I really did love my Polar F11. But this Sportline is a more affordable price. The thing is I hold the button down and it doesn't always seem to stop. Also, do you have any idea if it makes a difference on your stats as to where you set your activity level? I had mine on high.

Just popping in to say SONYA YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!! How nice of you to share your pics and your eats here. :) I was wondering what you would be eating now that you are bulking. Guess I could have asked. Hehe. You have come SO FAR! Can't wait to see what you have in store in 2010 girl!

Hi Diane Sue and Hermia!

Debbie, thanks. Maybe I just need to mess with it some more and get used to it. I really did love my Polar F11. But this Sportline is a more affordable price. The thing is I hold the button down and it doesn't always seem to stop. Also, do you have any idea if it makes a difference on your stats as to where you set your activity level? I had mine on high.

Mine's on high too so I don't know if there is any difference.

What happened to your Polar F11?

Debbie, I changed the batteries myself on the Polar. It still works but I think I messed up the seal as moisture is showing up on the face of the watch. Also one of the buttons doesn't work, but it is one that is not really necessary for the most part. More like the back button. I just know it won't take long before it is useless . I should have taken it to a jeweler.

Suz, good to have you drop in. Yes, I think that Sonya looks incredible. I am glad she shared her competition pictures. I wish that you girls could come and chat more often. I love to hear what is going on:D

Today's meals were:
post workout-2 boiled eggs, 1 orange
lunch- 3 egg whites mixed with pumpkin, stevia, 1/2 scoop protein powder,and cinnamon and cooked in the microwave. I stir it a couple of times so the center cooks too. I topped it with some yogurt cream cheese mixed with vanilla and a little stevia.
dinner-New Clean Eating Cookbook Beef and walnut stir fry (thy put it on rice but I didn't eat any rice) This was good. I want to cut back on some of the breads and cereals a bit.

This weekend I made the carrot cake from the new clean eating cookbook. It was really good. I ate way to much of it though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.