Hardcord Fitness Maniacs for September

Today I did Tai Cheng week 2 workout 3, 28 minutes and X Train Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps, 51 minutes. I had planned on some cardio and abs but, somehow I pulled something in my left side trying to reach over my grandbaby's car seat to get a bottle out of the diaper bag on the car floor. It hurt and still throbs today. So, my plans changed. Tomorrow I have an appointment for these crazy allergies and a rash I have had for almost 2 months. My daughter took me to her office and checked the rash under a microscope after scraping. When it first appeared she thought it was bug bites from when I was going things at my Dad's after the funeral. She still thinks that is the case but maybe something else on top of that.

Debbie, I don't know what to think about the knees. I am wearing the knee supports when doing weights and cardio. I keep working on making sure my knees are tracking correctly. Tai Cheng has been kind of good for lining things up with better posture through the movements and leg and knee placement. I am pretty sure that my knees were tracking in when I did heavy squats before my surgery. I think the step workout made it a little achy that I did yesterday. I am wanting to do a leg workout soon. Not sure which to choose though. I find lunges with my leg to the rear or when I kickback or lift my leg behind me causes discomfort. Everything else is pretty comfortable. Also in Tai cheng when doing neural reboot and the leg raise chambering and raising leg to the front hurts behind that knee.
I don't think I push as hard when I don't wear the HR monitor.

Today I decided to do Pyramid Upper Body and had a great workout. I like that one once in a while, it's fun. This is what I did:

Chest Flies and Press - 12's/15's/20's/15's/12's (12/10/8/10/12 reps)

Pullovers - 12#/15#/20# (did not go back down, this one bothers my upper back)
Double Arm Row - 12's/15's/20's (did not go back down, same as above)

Rear Flies/Lateral Raise/Front Raise - 3's/5's/8's/5's/3's (12/10/8/10/12 reps)

Kicbacks - 3's/5's/8's/5's/3's (12/10/8/10/12 reps)
Overhead Press - 10#/12#/15#/12#/10# (12/10/8/10/12 reps)

Hammer/Traditional Curls - 8's/10's/12's/10's/8's (12/10/8/10/12 reps)

Diane Sue - I guess our joints just give out on us as we age, especially with what we put them through. Hope yours feels better soon.

Today I just did Tai Cheng week 2 day 4 and some of Cathe's X train legs. The doctor said I hurt my ribs. It was quite painful when it happened Tuesday and now 3 days later still hurts. Doc suggested icing the area. So, the standing legs was okay. I tried the feet on the stability ball roll in but it was way too painful, so I just did the standing bonus bar and skipped the floor stuff.
Anyway, they did a complete arthritis panel so I guess we will see if it is just the original osteo-arthritis diagnosis or something else.

Today I did another Cardio Coach mix I made up. Had a pretty good workout. Glad I got 5 days in this week! :)

Workout was 42 minutes total, ran 2.5 miles and burned about 348 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts and a great weekend! TGIF!!!

Today I did X Train Super Cuts skipping moves that hurt my rib cage 41 minutes. I then did Tai Cheng week 2 Day 6, 28 minutes.

Today I did Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's and had a great workout. My left elbow is still hurting pretty bad, I probably should lay off the weights for a while, but I think I'll try and get this month finished and then take a break. If I have to, I'll just do cardio next week and see what happens.

This is what I did:

BICEPS
Dumbbell Curls - 20's - 2 sets 10 reps; 1 set 10 reps
Simultaneous Rotational Curls - 15's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Concentration Curls - 20# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Hammer Curl Double Arm Crazy 8's - 12's - 24 reps

TRICEPS
Tricep Pushups - 3 sets
Lying Tricep Extensions - 12's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 14 reps
One Arm Kickbacks - 8# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 14 reps
Dumbbell Overhead Tricep Extension w/Tube - Did about 10 reps, these burn

I also did MIS Abs.

Hope you all have a great day and workouts!

Late getting here. I started my post earlier but things kept coming up and I lost what I had already typed. Anyway, today I did Sharon Twombly's Zero to Sixty first 4 combos, XTrain Biceps & Triceps, finishing with Tai Cheng week 3 day 1. I liked this one because they combined all of the moves together that I learned in the first 2 weeks and added a loop band(firewalker) and weighted gloves. I am still having pain in that one rib. The doctor thought that it could be that the rib is moving. It hurts the most when I lie down or twist at an angle. When I went to do triceps Extensions from the floor today it really hurt. It was hard to get up off the floor. Also a couple of the stretches hurt. I thought it felt quite a bit better when I got up this morning so didn't expect it to hurt that much. It feels bruised but there is not external bruising.

Debbie, sorry that you are having problems with the elbow. I hope it doesn't keep you from being able to finish. I had an elbow issue quite a few years ago. The doctor said it was tennis elbow. It did finally go away though.

Today I did a mix of Cardio Coach #1 - did Challenge 1 and 2 and then did the last challenge of Cardio Coach #5. Had a great workout. That was a fun mix!

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.4 miles and burned about 340 calories.

Diane Sue - I really don't know what tennis elbow feels like, but I'm sort of thinking that's what I have. Not sure how I got it, though. I hope it goes away soon.

Today I did Pedal Power 59 minutes, X Train Core #1 10 minutes, and Tai Cheng Week 2 Day 2( forgot I was on week 3 and wondered why it was something I had already done) and added week 3 day 2 Tai Chi segment that was 13 minutes and used the loop band and weighted gloves, 49 minutes. Total time was 1 hr 48 minutes and calories burned 632. I am sure it was somewhat higher because my spin bike said 588 calories and I went 16 miles. I gave myself a hundred less as this heartrate monitor had me at 416 calories. Anyway I generally am just slightly under or pretty close to what the spin bike says. It just depends on how hard I make it.

Today I worked my legs but sort of did some exercises on my own and then I did the Barre part of Xtrain Legs. The exercises I did on my own were Squats, Leg Press and Deadlifts. I can't seem to do lunges anymore and it sort of hurt to do squats, but I did them. My right knee is still bothering me, but my left is ok now.

Today I did X Train legs. My rib was better and I was able to do the ball and chair stuff that I could not do last week I then did Tai Cheng Week 3 Day 3. We went to the fair and did lots of walking this afternoon.

Debbie, I wish I could tell you something to help with the knee but I just don't know. My right knee is fine but I sure can't seem to get back to normal with the left. It will be a year November since my knee surgery. I was so hoping it would feel fine by now.

Today I did Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders and had a great workout!

This is what I did:

CHEST
Dumbbell Chest Press - 30's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Dumbbell Chest Fly - 25's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Incline Barbell Chest Press - 55# - 1 set 10 reps; 60# - 1 set 10 reps; 3rd set 11 reps (used the barbell here instead of dumbbells)
Pushups - 16 reps (8 on toes, 8 on knees)

BACK
One Arm Row - 30# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 11 reps
Double Arm Row - 45# - 3 sets 10 reps (used barbell instead of dumbbells)
Rear Delt Fly - 12's - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Supermans - Skipped

SHOULDERS
Dumbbell Overhead Press - 12's - 2 set 10 reps; 1 set 11 reps
Single Arm Lateral Raise - 8# - 3 sets 10 reps
Single Arm Rear Delt Raise - 10# - 2 sets 10 reps; 3rd set 12 reps
Scarecrows - 5# - 12 reps

Hope you all have great workouts!

Today's workout was X Train Chest, back, and shoulders, 51 minutes, Z Cut Power 6 Pack Abs workout #1, 25 minutes, and Tai Cheng week 3 day 3, 32 minutes. Total time was 1 hr 48 minutes and calories burned 460.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.