:)Happy Tidy Tuesday(: Clean Eats Everyone!

dlandkk808

Cathlete
Thought I would start Tuesday's thread since I'm up and on the computer. As you all begin your day, I am unwinding and ending my Monday. Eats are getting better. Major temptation to make cc cookies, but I'm staying upstairs and away from the kitchen.

Klaudia - December is a hard month to keep things clean and tidy eating wise AND stay on track with the wo's. Thanks for the encouragement. It can get depressing, but I'm glad I'm not alone kwim? I've been doing decent with the wo's and hoping it stays that way so at least I don't get a double whammy. I never did KenpoX either. Anything longer than an hour with Tony is too long for me.

Wendy - Those shoes are hot. Totally agree with Klaudia. And I love the tall heels esp. since I'm so short. OMG, I know what you mean about that crotch pain post-spinning. My advice is to get a gel cushioned bike seat cover if you continue with spinning. Life saver!

Alrighty, I'm off to get the kids ready for bed then cleaning up the kitchen. Tuesday wo will be an Insanity wo to sub for P90X Plyometrics.

Lisa

Good Morning Lisa!

No workout yesterday - just making it thru the day was a struggle! I was in a cruddy mood all day - super busy at home, super busy at work. Today should be better, though... I woke up rested and positive! Eats have been clean and my weight is headed in the right direction - SCORE!

They are calling for more wintry weather - this time ICE - in my area. It is supposed to happen overnight tonight. I am sure my daycare will be closed but my work will be open. Love it:rolleyes::rolleyes: And tomorrow is a big board meeting and we find out about our Christmas Bonus, so I NEED that meeting to happen!!

Double workout today - chest and back this morning, hills (intervals) tonight. Be back later!

From yesterday.....

Lisa, ^5 on getting your WOs! LOL @ your cheat!
Furlough Fridays would be hard to deal with. OUr school is broke right now too and doing major restructuring for next year.
Julia was in the Beco..... I want Babyhawk's new carrier - called ohsnap! SUCH CUTE patterns and it looks like it wears just like a Beco. But do I realy need a 2nd????? Prob not..... but I might do it anyway!;):eek::D

Klaudia, Glad I could help you do your WO!:D

Wendy, Julia was in the Beco....she tries to climb out of her stroller:confused:
Apparently our area got SLAMMED by a thief(s). There were a few kids in Gina's class whose parents cars got burgled too. Stinks.
Those shoes are soooo cute! I would fall flat on my face but I love them! I'm a flats-only kinda girl.
NICE to be so sore! Good for you!
Sorry JJs not feelng well. Juila's nose is drippy but she's still smiling so not sure what's going on.
Hve fun shopping w/ your mom today! And get that WO in!

Today......

Lisa, I know the feeling of needing to stay out of the kitchen to avoid baking! And eating! Good for you! Drink lots of water - that seems to helpme.

Katie, GLad your day today is lookig better than yday.
Good luck w. your db wo!
BIG BONUS vibes your way!! ~~~~~ :D:D:D

-

Another day of nothing major going on! How am I getting so lucky this week?:p:D Will prob get some grocs and putter around the house. MUST WO! Just don't know what yet......

Morning ladies. Long day at work today.

Lisa nite. I'm also wondering how I'm going to get all of my w/o/clean eats also. just take one day at a time.

Katie great w/o today and I hope for no ice. Congrat on the weight.

Kate sorry about the breakins and you know it only takes a few thuds to start something in a good area.

Have a nice day ladies.:D

good morning! fun date night last night. we had dinner at the cheese cake factory. i had 2 thai lettuce wraps - no sauce, and a big salad, no dressing. not too bad! went to bed very late, but i got up this am for a nice long run - only a few more till dh leaves:( we finished our chirstmas shopping for the kids. thursday will be online day for my neices and nephews. then that is it.

katie, enjoy your double day. i would much prefer run in am, weights in evening, though:D

lisa, gnight. enjoy your wo tomorrow. i need to do a few insanity's this week.

robin, good luck at work today.

kate, thanks for the pm. will get back to you.

slow and heavy chest, back, and shoulders hopefully later. bbiab

Hey girls, sorry I wasn't around to start the check in. I had a busy morning. I did Rhythmic Step this morning and by the time I was done my shin (I'm pretty sure that is what it is) was killing me. So, I decided to go over and join the local club. It's tiny and expensive (30€ a month for like 20 machines) but I needed the use of a treadmill or elliptical or stair stepper. So I did 45 min on the ellip and then 20 min on the TM. Was nice for a change but I'm sure I'll get bored with it. Had to sign a 6 month contract. Ryan was slightly annoyed. Oh well. He'll prob use it to run through the winter.

So, for the next two weeks I'm going to do GS and then low impact stuff at the gym to get a cal burn. We'll see how my body responds.

I'm guessing this is what I have:

Posterior Shin Splints Description:
Pain on the inner side of your leg, right where the calf muscle meets the big shin bone. If the pain is severe, you may have strained this area enough to cause a stress fracture in the tibia. If this is the case you should see a doctor immediately.

Likely causes:
You've strained a muscle that gives some support to the arch of your foot (the muscle runs from the shin bone around the ankle and attaches behind the ball of the foot). You probably have flat feet.

Remedy:
To ease the pain and reduce inflammation, ice your shins immediately after running. Use either a store-bought cold pack or simply freeze a wet towel before going out on a run. Whatever you use, wrap the ice pack around your leg and keep it on for 10 or 15 minutes, keeping your foot elevated all the while. Take aspirin or ibuprofen at mealtime to help reduce inflammation further.

Definitely cut back on your mileage and perhaps take a few days off from running. Whatever you do, do not try to run through the pain. You will only make your injury worse and could wind up with a stress fracture.
Work on stretching your calf muscles. Do wall pushups several times a day, particularly before and after running, but be careful not to overdo it. Overstretching the calf can only do more damage. Ease into the stretch slowly and go only to the point where you begin to feel the muscle resist the stretch. There should never be discomfort.
Also, follow the remedy for flat feet to give your arch a little extra support and ease the burden of your strained shin muscle. In particular, try wearing an arch strapping and a commercial arch support.
If your pain persists, go to see an osteopath to find out if you might have a stress fracture.

The pain is really not that bad so I'm assuming it's not a stress fracture. I think the injury is mostly from side lunges/wide lunges/jumping jacks etc. Likely 2 hours + of step per day wasn't too smart.

Kate, glad you've had some relaxing days. Your walk with J sounds nice (even though it was cold). I miss living in AZ where I could strollerblade year round. That was a great WO!

Katie, sorry things have been so busy. Here's wishing for a great bonus! So fun! You're doing awesome with your doubles too! Keep it up!

Lisa, crazy life as usual. It's so odd that we're 12 hours apart! I'm midway through my day and you're snoozing away. I agree with you on Tony issues. He drove me slightly crazy. Stay away from those CC cookies!

Robin, another long day? I hope you're making enough $$ to make it worthwhile! You've inspired me to work on my core for the next couple of weeks so I've busted out core max for a while.

Need to take a shower... bbl!

Nina, you snuck in. Date night sounds fab! The cheesecake factory menu is so overwhelming! You went and didn't even have a bit of cheesecake?!?! When is DH leaving? Have a great day!

Angie, I think it's great that you joined the gym. Is there a pool? I know you will be happy to have a way to do some running once your shins get better.

Nina, I've had those lettuce wraps from TCF before and they are gooooood! No cheesecake?:eek: I would prefer weights in the pm also, but I can't get Collin to leave me alone. When I go shut myself in the garage (where the tm is) he mostly leaves me alone.

Kate, enjoy your calm day! I could give you some things to do for me if you need something to keep busy!

Robin, make the most of your day at work!

Colleen, how was your first day? I'm dying to know!

Meso 3 Week 2 chest and back done! Will do hill intervals tonight!

Morning!

Busy day again-Nevena has school and I have a meeting this morning. Then it's grocery shopping, work out and Cookies & Milk with Santa tonight at school. And it's supposed to snow/rain so that means Darrin will have to work:( Feeeling really fluffy today-weight is up. Blech. My problem is mindless nighttime snacking-I have to stop. It's totally sabotaging my hard work during the day. Today's workout will be 4DS chest/back-two times if I can make it!

Lisa, I told the girls we'd bake on Sunday and I'm dreading it-the temptation is going to be huge! Let's just get each other through this month relatively unscathed and start fresh in 2010:)

Katie, hope the weather holds out til you get home. Darrin's hoping for a bonus too. Fingers crossed! Great workout!

Kate, you're a powerhouse motivator in that tiny little body! Enjoy your easy day. I'm looking forward to mine tomorrow:)

Robin, have a good day-hopefully no drama from the super.

Nina, glad you had a nice time. Your dinner sounds nice and clean-as far as restaurant food can, right? I need to shop! Ugh.

Angie, I would love a rec/wellness center for a little variety. I'm hoping the boxing class I wnat to take does the trick. And I just found out my kettlebell instructor might start teaching classes much closer to me:) I'm sure Ryan will get over it-they usually do:)

katie, so angie was doing dbl cardio but sounds like you are doing 1 cardio and 1 wt wo per day? glad to hear you are seeing results! i cant wait to see them myself and its soooooooo slooooooooooow for me.

kate, if you are having a slow day come to boston and cook for us =) just kidding. im sure you have plenty of choresto keep busy, i know i always do!

angie, maybe you should see a doc about your shins just in case? sorry the gym is $$, hopefully serves its purpose at the least. before taking classes i was getting a REALLY good workout on the rower and bike and i know your fitness level is higher than mine, you can burn some serious cals with low impact machines!

robin, sorry for another longday ahead. do you get a good discount? lol.

nina, you did well at CF! that place i have to get a to-go container right away and put away 2/3 because my pc is terrible and the food is so good. wtg on being DONE xmas shopping!!!!!

lisa, dont bake those cookies!! youll be so glad!!!!!!!!!!! this is the timr of year to bake and give it straight away and you have a little time til its time for that =) good night!

i am such a shoe whore, i have no need for additional shoes andyet i am "needing" those patent/ruffle ones for this wedding. but price is right, yes? will post the dress i decide soon enogh. bought one last week and then bought 2 more yesterday =/ i am terrible at making the final decision, figured i needed opinions and will return what i dont wear.

1handed typing ahead!

robin, have :fun: at work!:D

nina, glad date was good! njoy your last days w/ dh!

angie, gla youre finding soome alt cardio...even if its $$$$$,

wtg katie!!!!

kl, good luck w/ the busy day!
i love that wo! esp 2x! burn so good!

wendy, lol @ shoe whore! cant wait to har abt the final decision!

-
clean bfast, time to clean up!
mike wants lasagna for dinner.....def gotta groc store now

Hi Girls !

Slow start for me this morning. I was up half the night and this morning I am dragging and my head is pounding.:(

I'm getting ready to head to my bike and ride (with icycle or CC) in place of step .
This way I can at least sit down while I work out . LOL:p
I won't slack off though. It's just getting going that is so hard.

I'll bb to report that I did it . Eventually. ;)

Becky

hi klaudia, i took too long posting and missed you in there! sorry abt the nighttime snacking. that is a habit i was able to break when i lost weight the first time around and have never looked back. but it waslike smoking, like an addiction for me. good wo planned!

kate, i think youcan still be a shoe whore if youonly wear flats =) good luck with lasagna, better get started!

becky, sorryabout the rough night. ita, getting started is sometimes the hardest but once the we are in the wo, its all good!

busy morning here!

wendy, get the shoes, and post dress pics.

angie, if you have any concern over a stres fx, go see a dr! i think the gym is a great idea - you can meet people too!

becky, lol at sitting for your wo. are you getting sick?

klaudia, sorry for the nighttime snacking. that is me during the day:confused:

i am just not a cheesecake fan, so it was not too tempting for me, luckily. the choc in my house, though.... and i have to make cookies for dh to take on his trip!my plan is to wait until saturday afternoon or evening so they can go right in his bag. i have a horrible habit of picking out the choc chips:eek:

i cannot get motivated to take my 2 guys out for errands. they are both sooo grumpy this morning - maybe coming down with something??

Good Morning Everyone!

This first day was good but we had an annoying guy in our group. During the sexual harassment training he questioned everything even though he knew it was wrong. So our session ran a little longer than anticipated. I don't have a computer yet because there was a mixup. I should get one today.

Workout was ASC combos 1-4. Planning on clean eats today. I will catch up with personals when I get a computer. Have a great day!

Okay workout done ! CHECK !:cool:

Once I got going , I was so happy I was working out . I did iCYCLE 14 45 min. which for me was 15.7 miles , hills & sprints. I feel much more energetic now !
Still have a headache but might take some tylenol and hopefully that'll get rid of it.

Not getting sick, just deal with insomnia.
Even taking a sleep aide (small dose of benedryl , to stay asleep) , and one timed- release melatonin (to get to sleep), I still have bad night's sometimes.
At least they are less often now.

Now, I better get out of these sweaty clothes and get something DONE !

Hi everyone ! Isn't this a crazy- busy time of year ???? I love it but it can get overwhelming !!!!

Have a good one !
Becky

BLECH!!! Isabel just barfed all over the both of us!:eek::eek::eek: NICE!:rolleyes: So.......change of plans....staying in all day!:p I just hope Julia doesn't get this!

Becky, WTG w/ your WO....despite the rotten sleep!

Wendy, Then a shoe whore I am too!:p I tend to wear my faves of the bunch tho...

Nina, Another cc picker here.....:p Good plan on your baking!;)

Colleen, BOO to the jerk!:rolleyes:
WTG w/ your WO
Hope you have a great 2nd day!

Chatty Cathes today!

Busy day here. After I took the girls back to school I had to go pick up my visa. It's so annoying how they do things here. I have to go to the treasury public and pick up actual stamps (70 € worth and can only pay cash) and then take them to the Mairie and have them paste the stamps on my application and then give me my card. Seriously, can't you just take my cc # and send it to me in the mail? Such effort.

Anyway...

Kate, GROSS about the puke. Somehow I've never had projectile vomit like that on me. I always seem to catch it. But, yuck. I hope she feels better and you guys don't get sick!

Katie, no pool at the mini-gym. It's literally a tiny room with a like 4 of every type of machine and then a small little circuit of weight/nautilus type machines. So tiny. WTG with your WO! You will totally see results!

Klaudia, I can totally relate to the night time stuff. I almost have to just force myself to go upstairs after the kids are in bed because I know it's too far away from the kitchen! Sorry about Darrin working. My dad plows and it used to suck when I was a kid and I always felt sorry for my mom.

Wendy, I'm not super worried about my shins. I think they are run of the mill shin splints that I've just aggravated because I've been unwilling to give up my cardio. I told Ryan I'd have it checked out if it doesn't go away by the 1st of the year. I'll stay away from high impact for a while. And I'm totally feeling the shoe whore thing too. I've never been that way until recently...

Becky, WTG with getting your WO done. Doesn't it feel so good!? Sorry about your rough night! I can't imagine dealing with that as often as you do. I'm so annoyed when I have one night I can't sleep. And I LOVE this time of year. It doesn't seem quite so crazy in this culture.

Nina, I love cheesecake... but everyone has their vices, right? Sorry you have cranky boys. I hear you on wanting to stay in when they're like that because you know nothing good can come of going out!

Colleen, glad your first day went well. Sorry about Mr. Creepy! I hate people who extend meetings for no good reason. Good luck on day 2 and great WO this AM!

Anne, what's up?!?!

Picking up girls in about 30 min. Want to eat... how to avoid it???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.