Happy PYGFO Monday!

queenmaynie

Cathlete
Hey girls. What happened this weekend? It's been kinda quiet around here.

Just getting us started. I have a client coming any minute, then I have to w/o myself. Tonight I teach.

I'm getting excited, Thursday is the trip to Atlanta to see Tess. I have so much to do, I am starting to lose it just a little. But, I can't wait!!

I'll BBL... have a great day!!

Good Morning PYGFO girls!

Today was MIC, which was the first time to do that one! The hi/lo portion was harder than the step portion for me and my arches started to ache a little after all of the jumping in hi/lo!:p But it was a good workout and I burned 440 calories.
I am patiently waiting for Cathe's October rotation. And waiting for the new workouts!!:7

Vicki--I also wondered where everyone was this weekend. My red, white and blue RT outfit is actually the TEXAS flag, not US. I would wear that when running out of state marathons so people would yell,"Go Texas!" Anything to get through it!;-) I am so jealous that you guys are getting together in Atlanta. Take lots of pics!

Have a great day everyone!
Gin:)

Goodmorning Gin, Vicki and any PYGFOers to follow.

I had a lovely weekend with little time for computer fun. DH and I went to Hawk Mnt Sanctuary Saturday. It's a pretty well known birding spot. Lots of migrating birds of prey are funneled down along the mountain ridge during the fall. The weather was nice and we saw lots of great birds in the morning - sharpshinned hawks, Coopers hawks, Broadwinged Hawks, ospreys, a peregrine falcon and a couple Bald Eagles. During the afternoon, the wind died down and the birds were flying too high to be seen, but it was relaxing to sit up on top of a mountain in the sunshine and not see the mountains of laundry or the dust bunnies lurking under the furniture. DH gets bored, but I could sit there for days on end.

I started a Barry's Bootcamp kind of rotation for this week. I've only done one DVD so far - arms and abs, and am not sure how I feel about it. He doesn't count, so you have no idea how many reps you are doing and whether or not you are doing the same amount on each side. The cardio was tough - sort of like the blasts in Kick Max. Not only were the blasts hard, he has you do two rotations. I hope we hear something soon about Cathe's new DVDs.

Have a great day all. I'll try to get back after I do my workout in the late afternoon.

Hi gals! I wasn't around much last week. Ended up sick the beginning of the week with a stomach flu/virus and then by the time I got over that AF came to visit and ruined the first part of my weekend. Needless to say, I did not exercise at all, so felt like a lazy bum checking in. I hope to do a full body workout tonight to help jump start things. Luckily, the scale has not budged and the pants have not tightened. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Vicki - Lucky you! Takes lots of picks of your GTG with Tess! :)

Robin - Sounds like a wonderful weekend!!! When my DH and I are out west, we like to drive to this Lake in Idaho where the Bald Eagles nest and watch them. It's so relaxing! :)

Gin - I love MIC, but it's one of the workouts I will NOT let me DH see me doing! ;)

Hi girls. This morning was a nice walk. It was chilly out but great for walking. I'm tired now though. My furniture situation is still not resolved but I won't go into it now. It makes me angry just thinking about it.

Robin - wow, that really sounds like a fun and relaxing weekend. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the beauty of nature.

Vicki - Yay, almost here girlie! Can't wait!

Michelle - so will we be seeing you Friday in SC????

Liann - I already posted on your "do" thread but I love the new you! It is so chic. I just love it. Glad you're feeling better.

Gin - I love the TX outfit. I'm sorry but I just can't resist posting this. I think it should be your new avatar. :) :) Don't kill me...
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1391/7683183/17453432/271422881.jpg

Have a great day ladies.

Hey Gin, you make me want to stand up and sing The Yellow Rose of Texas!

Hey gals, I'm home and sweaty from Barry's BC Butts and Legs. I liked most of this workout, but the gal who leads it says "Belly buttons in" about a gazillion times and I just want to smack her. I'm not sure what kind of music they are listening too, cause they sure aren't keeping the beat that I am. But it "hurt" and made me sweat and breathe hard, so I guess it's working. I'm headed for the kitchen for a nice big sald. Hugs (even if they are sweaty) to all.

Yeehaw. Love the outfit, Gin. "Don't Mess With Texas!"

The "slower" pace for us, now that we've "settled" in Fort Worth meant two trips to Dallas last week. At least it was just an evening trip, but we've been hopping. Truthfully, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but walks around the block with the kids in the jog stroller are about all I'm managing right now. At least that's something, though, huh?

The eating, though, has been a happier story. We're on the go so much, it's hard to cook healthy, and we eat out a lot with friends. So sometimes my eating on furlough is just atrocious. That hasn't been the case, so far, and I'm just thrilled. For example, yesterday after church some folks took us out, and I was able to choose tilapia, broccoli, and carrots. Yeah! So often when we eat out, it's just junk. So I've been pleased with my eating on this furlough. Thanks, Robin, for the reality check back in July. And, yes, I'm enjoying some treats. Hubbie took me to lunch today, and after a small-portioned lunch, I shared the brownie sundae with him! Wow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.