Happy Mother's Day! Pregnant Ladies Check-In

Melanie I have the biggest sweet tooth epscially for baked goods like cookies and brownies...but unitl a few weeks ago the thought totally turned me off. Im sure your appetite will return.You got babies to grow girl!!
How much weight are you supposed to put on with twins?

I can expect to gain about 50 lbs!!!!!!!

Just got a call from my office, I'm a proud owner of crotch bacteria; bacterial vaginosis! Yippie! i know it sounds strange to be excited about microorganisms growie up in my deepest darkest spots.....but THIS alone could be causing my brown discharge. I'm so happy I pushed the doctor to culture it today. :D :D Now, just a little crotch cream shots & I should be good to go!!!!

I just found out that I have a raging UTI with no symptoms. Gotta love bacteria where we never want to think about it. Cheers to antibiotics!

Completely microbial sisters! ha! I am glad we are both going to get better! I am just waiting to test positive for Strep B at this rate!!!!! :)

Hmm. Now that there is all this talk of infections I wonder if my body has been telling me something with my cranberry juice craving? :rolleyes:

Happy belated Mother's Day, ladies!

I'll have to look for the Metamucil or Benefiber packets. I didn't have this "problem" last time. Thanks for the tip ;)

Melanie, congrats on the membrane! As for my being "mature," do you mean agewise or weeks into pregnancy?!? I'm a young 36 -- not too old, I hope! And yep, I was one of the last to join the preggos check in right before everyone seemed to start having their babies! That's why I feel so out of the loop with all you "new" guys, as many of you seem to "know" each other well already :) I'll figure it all out!

For you guys with the bacteria problems, I hope the antibiotics have you feeling better soon. Yes, Melanie, good thing you pushed your doc for the test.

I'm 21 weeks now. My U/S is next Friday (imagine place was really backed up, I guess!). I told DH he could decide if we find out the sex this time; last time I refused even though he really wanted to know. I'd like to know for planning purposes, but I liked the "surprise" element last time. And frankly, it was entertaining how it annoyed so many folks that we didn't find out.

Yesterday we told DD3 about the baby. She said she thought my stomach was getting bigger because I'd been eating a lot of food LOL -- stinker! She's super excited, even telling strangers today that she's a big sister to the baby in the belly. Too cute!

Last edited:
Pennstarter,....I meant you're the farthest along in pregnancy. hee hee I think Susan has you beat age-wise. ;) Or is someone due before you?

LOL I joined this twins due in December forum & I had a lady recommend the 35 and older pregnancy forum to me. Made me feel old. :D

Allison-you are a baby at 36..I am 42.YIKESS!! My u/s is next Tuesday and I'm pretty sure we will find out the sex. DH really wants to know. I really don't care but will be nice to know for buying stuff.
Melanie-after thinking it over I think I"ll leave the infections to the microbial sisters. . Hope you guys have a fast recovery!!! I hope the spotting clears up!! I feel so full with only 2 baby, I can't imagine having 2 growing inside me. Just think of of the flutters you will feel soon.
My butt pain came back at 1am. I tried every position and the only one that I know would work was laying on my belly and that cant happen. I finally got up and took a tylenol and that helped a bit.
LIS and a walk is on tap for today. Hope everyone has a great day. bbl to check on everyone

Hey everyone! Wow you ladies have been chatty! You guys can keep your infections, I will join the chocolate chip cookie club.

Susan- Sweets taste soooo good right now! I made a peanut butter pie for my mom (and me) on Mother's Day and it is so decadent! At least you are still working out. I have just given up. I feel like I have so much to do all the time now, I don't know why. I am going to try to start walking on the TM at least. I'm sorry about the butt pain. My has subsided for the moment but it helps if I soak in an epsom salt bath at night and then stretch before bed. My calves have started to get tight and are getting close to giving me cramps. I started stretching those suckers too.

Pennstater- I think it would be funny to "annoy" people too with not finding out the sex. It's your pregnancy and your decision and people get upset. I find that comical. We decided we want to know for planning purposes. I can't wait to find out. We haven't scheduled that u/s yet but it will probably be in about 5-6 weeks. That's really cute about what your DD said. Kids are the greatest!

Melanie- I know I posted on your FB but I wanted to tell you again how excited and happy I am for you! I can't believe all that spotting could be caused by an infection. How interesting..... How exciting it will be to feel two kicking! I can't wait to feel my one! Hopefully in a couple weeks I will (I'm 14 weeks now)

Christine- You are so much better that me girl! I didn't workout a lick when I was tired and nauseous in the first trimester. Good job for keeping up with it.

Dawn- I feel like a new woman in my second trimester! I too forget that I am pregnant until I stand up and feel RL pains or I have to pee more often. Hee hee.... I'm not really sure what I am waiting to feel when the little one starts moving around.

Hi Priscilla! Hope you are feeling well! Hi to anyone else I missed! I need a cheat sheet to make sure I get everyone!

Jen

Is anyone here on facebook? I would love to add you as friends, if possible, to also keep in touch...
I am on there, my name is Christine Orr...
:)
C:p

HI!
Christine I am on facebook, however, I suck at keeping up with it. Feel free to add me. Susan Wood Kline.

Haley is at gymnastics and Im about to start supper. I think Im making spaghetti. For lunch I was "craving" a grilled cheese with carmelized red onion and apple..it was fabulous!

Jen-Youll get back in the groove of working out. TM walks would be great. Peanut butter pie sounds great!!!!!! I am a pb freak..love the stuff. In Florida and some restaurant they have Reeces PB pie and it was heaveanly! I am tried to replicate it but its just not the same. Give me Reeces and ice cream and Im happy..oh and throw in a brownie! My calves havnet bothered me...yet. My butt is fine for the most part during the day..its at night when I lie on my side when it bothers me.

Melanie-hope you had a good day at work.

Hi to Dawn, Pricialla (hope you are feeling better), Wendy, Allison, bunenek, erinski and Cee. BBL

Christine- I am on FB too. Jennifer Rowe Napier...you can add me too.

Susan- I broke down and ordered a pregnancy pillow because I have numbness in my thigh when I wake up in the morning from sleeping. It should be here at the end of the week. I hope it helps. I have been sleeping good just wake up with weird aches and pains.

I had a Greek grilled vegetable wrap and hummus with pita for lunch today! It was sooo good! Then I ran an errand at lunch and tried out the "pina colada" smoothie at the new smoothie place near work and it was so much better than the competitors! I have been craving a smoothie and I had one last week and it was too sugary. This new one was only sweet from the fruit and a little bit of natural sugar.

It's rainy and yucky here, good sleeping weather. DH is putting the window in the baby's room and then we need to hang the new fan and then I will post pics.

Jen-I will have to look into a preg pillow! Your lunch sounds great. I think I am the only living person that has NEVER had a smoothie of any kind...is that lame or what.
I have always just assumed the calories outweighed the "good for you" in them and never tried one. I think I will make it a mission to try one. Maybe I will make one. If anyone has a good recipe let me know.

I swear by the body pillow. Also, this might be TMI, but I found a great nightime bra for the discomfort I get, on the titlenine.com website. It makes sleeping so much better. They also have a few maternity workout shirts and pants. I got the BornFree shirt and pants, let's hope they accomadte me and the little one. I had a very nice morning eating all the samples at Costco, none of which had nutritional value, but were heaven.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.