Hair question for hair styist or anyone

lulu68

Cathlete
Hi,
I will be attending a wedding in a couple of months and was planning on getting my hair highlighted, cut and style on the same day of the wedding. I've heard ths is not recomended to do on the same day of a special event. I just don't want to have to spend twice on my hair during that month I could just get everything done on that same day. Thanks!

Lourdes

It's usually recommended not to do if you are doing something drastic or new and there is a chance it might turn out bad and then you are stuck going to the event looking like that. If it's just your normal cut, highlights and trim and you pretty much trust the person doing it, you're fine. I went and had my hair highlighted the morning of my wedding so it would look just right. I'd been going to that stylist for a few years though and knew she wouldn't mess me up. I have a habit of running out the night before and getting my hair done before an event. I'm just picky about no roots and a fresh cut. Although, I'll admit now I don't do anything any more. I'm back to my natural color and I just have an angled bob that I get trimmed once in a blue moon. ;) So I totally hear you on not wanting 2 appointments!

I actually did that a couple of years ago...I think people were shocked that I went ahead and did that the day of my sister's wedding, but it actually turned out OK. And it was nice to have someone else do my hair...and style it and not have to pay for them to do it again. I even went to a different stylist, she cut and highlighted my hair, I hadn't had my hair colored in years...so this was a big change for me. You might feel more comfortable if it is with your usual stylist....

I agree with everything Liann said with a couple of exceptions...but these are for me personally and may not apply to you...

1) I hate brand new haircuts. I always get my hair cut atleast a week before any special event.

2) I am never crazy about the way anyone I've ever used has styled my hair with the exception of an updo so unless that's what I want, I would not let them style my hair for any special event.

If that's what I wanted to do, I'd just do it on that day too. I've never had anything go horribly wrong. I'd take the chance.

I agree with everything Liann said with a couple of exceptions...but these are for me personally and may not apply to you...

1) I hate brand new haircuts. I always get my hair cut atleast a week before any special event.

2) I am never crazy about the way anyone I've ever used has styled my hair with the exception of an updo so unless that's what I want, I would not let them style my hair for any special event.

Wendy - You are so right on #2! I was really lucky that the lady who did my hair for my wedding was good at styling and she did a beautiful updo. Now that I've moved, I cannot find anyone who can so much as style my side bangs without making me look like an 80's music video drop out. I always end up taking the brush away from them and fixing it myself.

Wendy - You are so right on #2! I was really lucky that the lady who did my hair for my wedding was good at styling and she did a beautiful updo. Now that I've moved, I cannot find anyone who can so much as style my side bangs without making me look like an 80's music video drop out. I always end up taking the brush away from them and fixing it myself.

LOL Liann! Loved the 80's music video drop out comment! :D I got an updo done for my wedding which was gorgeous but hated the way the same stylist would do my hair when I went in for a cut/color, etc. :eek:

Thank you ladies!!! It's not often I get to dress up with 6 children, I think the last time I got all dolled up was 7 years ago. Whenever the oportunity for comes up to get dressed up I end up putting so much thought into it because I don't do it often. I think I will get my hair highlighted, cut, style and get my makeup done too (Maybe). Although I'm kind of scared to get my makeup done, the few times that I've gotten my makeup done I always end up looking like a clown and go home and take some of it off. Thanks ladies!!

Lourdes

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.