Great Hummus Recipe!!!

lov2bfit

Cathlete
I made this for the first time this morning and LOVED it!!! I wanted to just sit and eat it by the spoonful!!

Spiced Sweet Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

1 15oz can garbanzo beans, drained (reserve some of the juice)
1 4oz jar roasted red peppers (I used extra because I really like them):7
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh parsley (I omitted this)

Put all ingredients (except parsley) in a blender and process using small pulses until smooth. If needed, add some of the juice from the beans to moisten mixture if too dry. Garnish with the parsley. Enjoy!

Katie

Ooh! Thanks Katie. That sounds delicious. We love to snack on hummus and pita. This looks like a great variation on the same old, same old.

Michele:)

Thanks Katie! I will be making it Saturday....I only need to pick up the roasted peppers (I will be using extra too;))

Robin:9

>What is hummus????

Anne,
Hummus is a chickpea spread...it is so delicious on whole grain bread. Some people like it plain and others prefer it with roasted peppers or even tomatoes and garlic. There are so many wonderful varieties and ways to make hummus.

Robin

Andrea - In my opinion it has just the right amount of spice. I would say it has a little "kick", but it's not hot. I like spicy food though. If you wanted to make it less spicy just reduce your cayenne pepper. I have never tried it with PB, so I don't know how that would turn out.

I have another recipe where it's made with chipotle peppers and another one made with curry. I haven't tried those yet.

Katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.