Good Substitute for Plyo Legs

kschubot

HI all,

I was just trying to decide on my next rotation and many of them call for Plyo Legs (from STS), as I don't have STS and there is no option for purchasing this single disk from the set it would be great if there was an alternate DVD I can use. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kate

Hi Kate,

I asked Cathe on FB that same question a few months ago and she said that Hiit 40/20 would be a good substitute.

Marta

Hi there,

The thing that makes Plyo Legs unique and unlike any other Cathe's lower body w/o's, is the plyo segments + weight work segments, alternating. Yes, hiit 40/20 is a good substitute, but you are missing the lower body weight work IMO. A good way to include both, would be to use any preferable hiit w/o (40/20, 30/30 or pyramid) and do your own weight work after each plyo segment. For example:

Tuck jumps
*rest
Squats for 15-20 reps
*rest
Air Jacks
*rest
Static Lunges for 15 reps each leg
*rest
Mountain Climber's
*rest
Elevated Lunges 15 reps each leg
ect...

So after each plyo from the hiit workout, you would rest for 30 sec or so (pause the DVD) do a lower body weight work of choice and then alternate until you've finished the entire hiit workout. Make sure the weights you use are challenging.

EVEN BETTER, you can download just 1 Plyo Leg workout. You don't need to buy the entire STS Meso 3 set.

HTH!

Natasha

Last edited:
So would something like Lower Body Blast work too? I just don't have the budget right now to buy another workout (spent my allotment on XTrain) :D

So would something like Lower Body Blast work too? I just don't have the budget right now to buy another workout (spent my allotment on XTrain) :D

Yes, LBB is a less intense version of Plyo Legs. You get the cardio bursts (which are plyo), you just don't do as many plyo segments (LBB has like 3 or 4 and Plyo Legs has 12-14 ) and the bursts are not as long. Also, LBB is more high reps/lower weights.

Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.