Good Cardio Workouts???

bernajo

Cathlete
Okay - I finally feel like I'm getting into my groove with Cathe workouts! They are definitely a challenge and I love each and every one. But now I need some "shorter" cardio only workouts (step or hi-lo)...to add in on days when I feel I need to add in some cardio after weights or on an active rest day. Does Cathe (or any other instructors) have any shorter workouts? I've tried doing Imax 2 and just working through a few of the combos, but some of the footwork is so complex that I find myself stumbling over my feet instead of working up a sweat.

And suggestions??? Thanks for your help!

CTX series!!!!

With the DVD you can quickly go to the cardio portion chapter. The cardio portions last anywhere from 22 to 30 minutes. Perfect for what you're looking for. Cardio portions are step, hi/lo, kickboxing, circuits, or combinations of all of these.

The DVD is a bit pricey but so worth it!!

Also the Timesaver DVD from the Body Blast series; it has footage from all of the cardio sections of the BB workouts, then strength and core conditioning as well, and is geared for those times when . . . well, you don't have much time. :7

A-Jock

I could'nt agree with Sabine more:D
These workouts are so FUN and the dvd is GREAT. Today I did CTX upper body, but I wanted a good warm up so.......... I did kickbox warm-up then upper body. Then I decided I should do some abs, and then a nice stretch. Can ya tell I use this dvd ALOT;-)

~Nicole

Thanks all!

I have Timesaver already, and that is exactly what I've been using for "short" cardio along with the new FIRM Fat Blasting Cardio (luv the music). I think CTX is exactly what I should invest in next! Thanks for teh advice!!

Joy

For a quick 20 min w/o without the warmup and cooldown, I like to do the high/lo portion of SJP.

Dawn

Hi bernajo,

I don't know what Cathe VHS or DVD's you have, but MIC lends itself nicely to being split into two shorter cardio workouts - hi-lo and step. The SJP/Step Blast DVD has some shorter cardio premixes (plus the workout blender possibilities) that could also work well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.