Glute work?

LizC7

Cathlete
Hello everyone - I'm looking for any suggestions on how to build my butt :) I workout about 4 times a week. I'm happy with my shape but would love a slightly rounder butt. Any suggested exercises that I should do every morning?
Thanks for your help :)

The weighted floor work from B&G seems to work great for me. Donkey kicks, hydrants, etc. Roll-ins with the stability ball...raised one-legged squats. Do you have Butts and Guts!!??

Clarissa

Also Ball Butt Lifts; lay on your side, put ball between feet and lift legs and ball off the floor.

Butt raises on the ball; lay with back on floor, put legs on ball and raise hips off the floor.

One more, glute kickbacks; hand and knees on floor, and put as much weight behind knee as you can and try to touch the ceiling with your foot. Do other side as well.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

I am gonna add Large Step ups w/weights to the list.. (I like to put six risers under the step for these)

and if you have access to the gym .. try the leg press (heavy heavy weight) .. :7

Step ups (or as Cathe calls them "leg presses"), deadlifts (real ones picking the bar up from the floor, as well as other variations), and donkey kick moves are good glute exercises. Heavy squats are also good (have you seen the booties on male body builders?). Kettlebell swings also work that area very nicely.

I've always found the older "Firm" workouts excellent for adding lift to the butt (the newer "Transfirmer" workouts are good as well).

You could focus on glutes by pre-exhausting the muscle doing donkey lifts, then doing a set of step ups or deadlifts.

I like doing the "Butts and Guts" premix that is all 'butt', and starting with the glute floor work right after the warm-up (I do the warm-up, pick up the floor work from the chapter menu, then return to the premix to finish out the lower body).

Two things to keep in mind:
1) butt shape is rather genetic, so there's only so much you can do with what you've got (your 'best butt' might not be 'high and round, 'but more 'upside-down heart'shaped, for example)..

2)Working a muscle group every day isn't the best way to work size, as your muscles need recovery (working a muscle every day or most days is a technique used to keep size down, as in "Freestyle" training). Working some heavy squats and leaving sufficient recovery time may give you better results.

If DOMS is any indication of a good glute workout, I recommend Butts & Guts. I swear I've never had DOMS like that in my glutes. I LOVE this workout.

Thank you all so much for your wonderful advice!!!! I do have B&G and love the premix suggestions as well.
Thank you once again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.