Gliding discs used in STS, clearance sale....

a really stupid question here??? I have see a lot SAID about glider discs and all that but still have not actually SEEN them be used in any demo or anything... how do these actually work? in my feeble little mind I can only see myself slipping in to an undesireable position of the SPLITS unintentionally or falling flat on my face! :eek:

I see them on the new STS list as workout equipment (paperplates anyway) What will Cathe be using them for? Any one know and can "esplain me Lucy?"

TIA,

If you go waaaaayyy back in the blog to the filming of meso 1 legs you'll see some photos of how Cathe used paper plates for leg work.

As far as your fear of sliding into a split, don't worry. Usually only one leg is on a gliding disk at one time and all your body wt is positioned over the other leg (the non-gliding one). Just one example: Imagine all your weight on your right leg, w/ your left foot is gently resting on a a gliding disk. Now, slowly extend your left leg behind you into a lunge position by sliding that foot along the ground. Then reverse, and slide slowly the left leg back to a standing position. You have to really focus on the glute muscles in the right (non-gliding) leg to get back to standing. That's what makes gliding work so effective. HTH!

Ahhh, Lightbulb is coming on!

Thanks jonahnah... I'm starting to get the picture here! Which means there's one more thing to add to the Wish List... about a mile long as it is!

:D

Paper Plates

a really stupid question here??? I have see a lot SAID about glider discs and all that but still have not actually SEEN them be used in any demo or anything... how do these actually work? in my feeble little mind I can only see myself slipping in to an undesireable position of the SPLITS unintentionally or falling flat on my face! :eek:

I see them on the new STS list as workout equipment (paperplates anyway) What will Cathe be using them for? Any one know and can "esplain me Lucy?"

TIA,

Hi Dani (Lucy here ;)),

I will be using the plates for many versions of lunges and hamstring/adductor work. Then in Ab Circuits I will be using them to activate to deep core muscles.

Stay tuned with our upcoming You Tube clips (we'll let you know when we post them). You'll want to eventually check out the leg workouts and also clips of Ab Circuits.

In the workouts I will be telling new-to-plate users to not go as deep in their lunge as you need to acclimate to this new action and ease on down.

Hope this helps!

WOW! my FIRST Cathe reply!

Hi Dani (Lucy here ;)),

I will be using the plates for many versions of lunges and hamstring/adductor work. Then in Ab Circuits I will be using them to activate to deep core muscles.

Stay tuned with our upcoming You Tube clips (we'll let you know when we post them). You'll want to eventually check out the leg workouts and also clips of Ab Circuits.

In the workouts I will be telling new-to-plate users to not go as deep in their lunge as you need to acclimate to this new action and ease on down.

Hope this helps!

I'll NEVER delete this one! hee hee! Thanks Cathe:D

I feel like a teenager who has just received her first kiss on the cheek! I'll NEVER wash my cheek again!

So looking forward to everything STS has to offer!

I'm going to the Super Target near my work today at lunch to look at these. (Hopefully they'll have them.) Has anyone actually used these on hardwood floors? My DH and I are finishing the basement and adding a dedicated exercise room. It'll be ready just in time for the STS release. YIPPEE! However, we have to install hardwood floors because the concrete is heated therefore I am afraid of scratching the floors. I guess I could just use heavy stocks on my feet if I have to. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Hi Racecargirl - I would be interested in this answer as well. I have the Gliding Discs that I got on ebay. They have one for carpet and one for wood. They work great on the wood. Depending on the answer, and whether you find these at Target, you might want to look into the Gliding Discs.

I'm going to the Super Target near my work today at lunch to look at these. (Hopefully they'll have them.) Has anyone actually used these on hardwood floors? My DH and I are finishing the basement and adding a dedicated exercise room. It'll be ready just in time for the STS release. YIPPEE! However, we have to install hardwood floors because the concrete is heated therefore I am afraid of scratching the floors. I guess I could just use heavy stocks on my feet if I have to. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Cathy,
The Valslides I bought at Target come with removable soft "bootie" covers for the slides that make them hard floor friendly. HTH.

Hi Racecargirl - I would be interested in this answer as well. I have the Gliding Discs that I got on ebay. They have one for carpet and one for wood. They work great on the wood. Depending on the answer, and whether you find these at Target, you might want to look into the Gliding Discs.

Thanks Meowracer. I believe do remember a thread on the Gliding Discs. I will look at the ones at Target. However, I would rather spend a little extra money on the Gliding Discs if it'll save the floor (and my marriage). There may be a reason Target has their's on clearance.

Target clearance sale

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up on the clearance sale. I just purchased the Val Slide discs from Target for $6.24 today. I also purchased a weight tree storage rack for $4.32!!
I wish that the prices were like that everyday!

Regina.

Regina, I bought both of those as well and a yoga mat! That storage rack was a tremendous deal and just what I needed! ;)

I feel like tearing my hair out. I am all the way in Jamaica I won't be visiting NY until Oct 17. I am sure the clearance will be over by then. I decided to send a friend to get the gliding discs. I called several targets re the gliding discs but they don't seem to know what I am talking about.

Nelybob

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.