Gliding Discs for STS

They kind of scare me - the feeling that they could slide right out from under me and I could hit the floor.

They really aren't that hazardous. You always have the heel (or toe, depending on the move) off the disc, ready to 'apply the brakes' if needed. The whole foot doesn't go on the disc.

(A safety suggestion for those using frisbees: make them more "Gliding Disc" like by trimming down one of the edges, enough that you can have your heel off the disc while the rest of the foot is on it and the disc is flat).

Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it - but can you ONLY get the Gliding Discs online, or has anyone found them at a store?

Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it - but can you ONLY get the Gliding Discs online, or has anyone found them at a store?
Walmart used to carry them (and its possible they still have them online. If so, you can have your local Walmart order them and not pay shipping).

Walmart used to carry them (and its possible they still have them online. If so, you can have your local Walmart order them and not pay shipping).

I went online to Wal-Mart yesterday and it said "Not sold online" and "Not sold in stores," whatever that means. The item comes up on their website but you can't purchase it. Isn't that strange?

I went online to Wal-Mart yesterday and it said "Not sold online" and "Not sold in stores," whatever that means. The item comes up on their website but you can't purchase it. Isn't that strange?
That is really odd.
(They might as well just say "not sold anywhere by us, so don't bother!")

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.