GDMT.....Thursday

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning :)

I set my alarm for my normal time, woke up with a pounding headache, reset my alarm for 2 hours later! The extra sleep was good for me, now I have to workout later- always hard for me. I am going to do Back and bi and arx today. If I had the time, I would do Plyo X also. Or do you think that's too much in one day? I am going to try to get a sub for today, still not 100% and I don't want to spread anything, or get sick again from the kids....

Gin~ Whats the workout today?

Marcy~ Yoga? which are you doing? Someone else suggested Pilates instead of yoga since I don't like yoga so much. I think I may try that next week.

Tracee~ Did you get a workout in?

Have a great day all!
Deanie

Good Morning!

Today was IMAX2...I love this one even though it is tough! But, then aren't they all???}( x( :p Maybe the entire workout just seems like one big happy dance!:+
I have not been eating so well since the holidays and yesterday bought the Body for Life book. I got the women's book and have skimmed a little of it, but plan to follow. I just have that 5-6 lbs. I want to lose.

Deanie--Take a look at your post and tell me what is wrong with this picture???? You are talking about doing TWO workouts and then you say how sick you feel! Don't make yourself worse!:-(
Have you ever tried Jennifer Kries' Pilates? A friend let me borrow that one and you might like it. I think she is a ballet dancer. Marcy probably has this one in her vast collection!;-)

Marcy-- How are you today? What workout?

Tracee--Was today your PLB day? That is on tap for me tomorrow.

Have a great day all!
Gin:)

Good morning GMD!

Today was supposed to be PLB but sleep won the battle. I stayed up late watching Project Runway so I was really tired this morning. I'll do a leg workout tomorrow and hopefully will get something done on the weekend too.

Deanie- Please rest and don't worry about missed workouts. You are doing what your body needs by sleeping extra!!

Gin - Did you like the Jennifer Kries pilates? I tend to enjoy pilates more than yoga too so I was curious if you liked it.

Have a good day everyone.

Tracee

Okay, I am listening to you guys! I did do Back and Bi and ARX. But I won't do any more. I actually think it was the extra sleep/relaxation I need. I now feel okay. I still think I did the right thing by taking and extra day off of work though.

Gin~ I do have Jennifer Kries pilates! And I do really like it. I think its called "The Method" and she uses 3 or 5# handweights. She also does standing work for some of the tape which I like. Yes, I think I will try that one again next week:) Thanks for the suggestion. I usually reach for the same Pilates tape all the time. Let us know if the body for life book has any good tips. I also have not been eating as well as I was. I keep "pigging out" on bread every Fri. night!!! Oh, I am now drinking my BSN banana nut bread protein powder. I put it in my milk (4ounces) with frozen blueberries, and put it all in the blender. I like it:)

Tracee~ I'm sure you are right and my body needs the extra rest, I'm just such a bad "patient" and not good at relaxing when I want to workout!x(

Marcy~ I'm not going to post my stats, they are mostly the same as last week. I didn't want to work too hard, and last week I think I did well. I did up a few of the bicep excersises from 15 to 17# but I think only 2. I also did the strip set starting with 20#, but I only did 6 reps with that. I did 20,17,15,12. I was happy with that:) I also really feel the negitive pullups! Maybe in week 9 I will be ready to try for really pullupsx(

Deanie

Hi Ladies!

Today was Budokon: Power & Agility and Mindy Mylrea's All About Abs - Gliding Discs. Power & Agility is about 50 mins. Think Core Synergistics, Plyo X, yoga and martial arts. This is a lot tougher than it looks. There is a tutorial which should be watched before doing these moves (I didn't but had to refer to it since I hadn't done any of these moves before). For the first and last 5 minutes, you are in seza (sp?) position (sitting on heels) doing rolling wave breathing (breathe in through belly to ribs to shoulders and out (shoulders, ribs, belly). There's another breathing sequence using the arms where you pull them in on the inhale and spread them out on the exhale. This is kind of a mixture of martial arts, yoga and plyometrics. He does what he calls rolling vinyasas (down dog to chaturanga to cobra and then back to down dog), then does the same thing with up dog instead of cobra. There is only one arm balance. You start out in frog pose (deep squat, hands in namaste), then go into crane pose and then jump back to chaturanga. He does something like a plank to chaturanga run (starts out slow and then gets faster) but sideways (I forget what he calls it). There was another move like in Plyo X where he does a 180 degree turn from a squat. He also does a 360 degree turn. There were some moves like flying monkey, leaping leopard and fighting crocodile. There's a move called flowering lotus which is really like going in and out of camel pose. He also does pigeon. Towards the end, he does some supine poses like twists, plow, happy baby and a glute stretch. You need a lot of core strength for this one.

Mindy's Gliding Abs were pretty good too. I think her bodyweight and stability ball workouts were the toughest out of the 4. I used paper plates which worked pretty well except for a couple of moves.

Deanie - I wouldn't try and do too much in one day but I guess you should just see how you feel. Two pilates workouts I really like are Hilary Burnett's Advanced Mat Pilates and Rael Pilates 27. The first is about 23 minutes with no real instruction. Rael's is advanced (about 45 mins.) but he includes instruction and really stresses good form. He has two background exercisers doing most of the moves but he jumps in to do some more advanced moves.

Gin - I haven't been eating so well since the holidays either. Too much chocolate. Believe it or not, I do not have Jennifer Kries' Pilates in my collection. My pilates collection is not that vast.

Tracee - Hope you got a workout in today.

Marcy

WOW!!! I knew these were going to be expensive, but $199. and then S&H- I'm sure I will order on Sat., but WOW! (thats wow to the sts and wow to the price:p )

Deanie

I might do the 3 month option. I'm still a little confused. I assume there are 3 DVDs each week. I guess you do cardio 2-3 times a week? And maybe yoga? Kind of like the X? What are the recovery DVDs? It doesn't look like they're included. I'd like to know how long the presale will last. I figured the price would be between 150-200 so I'm not too surprised. It is a lot of workouts.

Marcy

I think I am in. I do not want to buy a squat rack (not even sure I want to workout my legs with really heavy weights) and I'm not sure about the cardio issue. Cathe says its all in an instruction booklet. That doesn't give much info on cardio. I wish she would be more specific. I also don't want to buy "the perfect pushup" thingys or the plate mates. If I spend 200$ on STS I would like not to have to buy even more stuff to go with it. That's what I like about the X. All I had to buy was the dvds, and rig up a pull up bar (about 45$) And yes, what are the recovery dvds, they should be included! Also, did she mention how long the workouts were? One hour would be good. Anything longer, not so good. I really would prefer to do the preorder because of the discount, but there are still so many unanswered questions...... Okay, rambling, thanks for listening.:+ :+
Deanie

eta: I ended up doing Plyo X today too! Buy the afternoon, I felt much better! now I can take sunday off! (I need that day off- mentally- before all the pushups on Monday)

Hi Again!

I don't know if I'm in right now since I just got good news about my house and I might be moving by end of February. I'm also not sure about cardio issue, recovery week workouts. I definitely won't be buying a squat rack and probably won't be doing the leg workouts since they sound like they're going to be heavy ("as heavy as you can get over your head") (that's too heavy for me). I'm glad to hear the workouts will be under an hour and they will have chinups/pullups. I actually used my Door Gym as a push-up bar on Monday and it worked out pretty well.

I might be interested in the Plate Mates but I plan on buying new dumbbells when I move (12, 15s, 20s, 25s and 30s) and with the other weights I have, I should be able to make any weight from 2-40 something pounds.

As far as cardio, I have plenty to keep me busy so I don't mind that she's not including cardio workouts. Even though I like Cathe's cardio workouts, I actually like other instructors better for cardio. 37 strength DVDs is a lot and the variety would be nice but $200 is definitely not in my budget right now. I'd like to know how long the presale will go on for.

I'm done with my rambling now too!

Marcy

Glad you got good news about your house:) I hope everything goes smoothly and you are out by Feb. and have found something you love in Georgia! You make some good points Marcy. I really have to say, the #1 reason I am probably buying is- the presale price. I'd rather not spend $279 not including the ab circuits later, when I hear what great results everyone is getting!It would end up over $300. with shipping!!!! :eek: I do want to do another round of the X before I even start STS.

Deanie

I agree about the price being too much after presale; $279 is a bit much but it would be nice to hear reviews and then maybe just purchase what I think I'll like. They did say the ab/circuit DVD will be available for separate purchase. Although if you're only ordering some of them, it kind of defeats the purpose of the whole system. They said shipping would be $8.95 which actually isn't too bad for 37 DVDs plus the instruction book. My CC got charged for P90X+ so I assume they're on their way.

Marcy

I am excited for you:7 :7 Can't wait to hear your take on them!
Although, if I go for STS I won't be buying X+ for a lonnnnngg time!:)

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.