>refused to do. one day sitting down on the floor in front of
>her face to face I told her if she didn't take the pill she
>would die. She opened her mouth, took her pill and never gave
>me a fight over it again. Happy to say she survived to live a
>long life. And what is this about angry siamese?!. I have
>had siamese for years and they have all been affectionate
>wonderful guys. I love siamese and don't think I could live
>without them.

I just knew a Siamese owner would thump me for that! When I was growing up I knew 3 siamese owned by different people and all three were really hostile. I made a negative remark about Siamese one day in an office where I used to work and a co-worker got mad and said "Well, I have two Siamese and they're total LOVERS." She was right because I met them. I walked into her place and they were on the stairs. I went over to them and coooed (I LOVE animals, period). Immediately, they were all over me. I apologize. Not all Siamese are evil. But my skinny boy tabby acts like one of the mean one's I knew as a kid. Sorry sorry sorry.

I am LOVING these stories. I mean, a dog who shakes his head no and another who understands English... Animals are just an endless source of amusement.

Yea, what is it with paper products? MY cats leave it alone unless the wind blows a roll of toilet paper onto the floor (I've been known to use tp as Klennex), then it's on. I wake up to (or come home to) toilet paper shredded all over. Same with the strays. I take care of three now and I have to keep the toilet paper and paper towels in inconvenient locations or I'll have a mess. I hear this happens a lot.

I have four cats and 1 dog, and each one comes complete with their own funny stories:

Our dog, Gizmo, is an energetic Jack Russell/Beagle/Coon hound mix. If she hears a doorbell on TV, she will sometimes think it's ours and take off barking bloody murder at the door. And if I say, "Who's here?" She'll really get to barking. She's also all-talk. We'll have her out in the yard for potty time, and she'll see someone walking down the street, sometimes with a dog, sometimes not, and will get her hackles up and start barking and growling insanely. But, then when the offending party walks past, she starts whining and looking all bewildered because they didn't stop to play or say hello. I'm like, "Well, what did you expect with all that nasty barking?"

Our newest cat, Lucky, has always been odd. When she was younger, she would stand up on her hind legs like a ground hog or bunny rabbit. It was the funniest thing. She'd just stand up and sit like that for a while. She also LOVED taco flavored Doritoes as a kitten. She'd actually crawl inside the empty bag to lick up the crumbs. She also liked curling up around my dumbbells, or between a pair of shoes, inside an empty Kleenex box, or inside my duffel bag to take a nap. And she used to play fetch. We'd throw a small paper wad, she'd run after it, and bring it back and plop it down at our feet and wait for us to throw it again. And for whatever reason, she likes putting things inside my shoes. Those small wads of paper, plastic milk jug rings, rubber bands, orange juice caps, you name it. She walks right up, aims, and drops it in. Lastly, before I realized I was allergic to milk, every time I poured a bowl of cereal, she'd come running and sit nearby and wait for me to finish eating, then I'd let her lick the tiny bit of Lactose-free milk out of the bowl. Oh, and she gags at catnip. It's funny, because she wants to eat it, but can't stop gagging.

I guess I'll add something about our other three cats, too:

Spookie's the alpha cat. Any time a tiff breaks out, she's johnny-on-the-spot to break it up. And she "spooches" on her blankets. Spooching is a term I made up to describe what she does...she plops her butt down and kind of scootches it over the blanket. I don't know if she's leaving her scent to mark the blanket as hers or what, but it's funny to watch.

Two-Face gets really cranky at dinner time. She'll swat our male kitty, even if he's just minding his own business, while she's waiting for me to fill up the food dishes. She does it almost every night.

And Digit, our boy, is a real daddy's boy. He HAS to get in my hubby's lap. When hubby gets home from working, he can barely get anything else done before Digit is all over him. As soon as hubby sits down, before he can even pick up the remote, Digit is climbing into his lap and staking his claim. Digit also likes to stretch out on his back so I can rub his belly

I love reading pet stories! Our 18 pound orange tabby, Milo, we think is part cat part dog so we call him the "cog"! He loves to fetch his toys and brings them right up to us when he wants to play. Another thing is he loves to have a bath in the bathtub with deep water - never makes a single meow or protests at all - just enjoys the nice warm water! Isn't he strange?

IndyMom:)

Man, I really love these stories. Thank you all for cracking me up. I wish I could take a tour of all your homes so I could meet your pets. I knew a guy in art school whose name I couldn't remember but I never forgot his little dog's name: "Madame" (after the portrait of Madame Matisse). One day I was talking to a guy at one end of the hall and the guy with the dog was coming down the hall. When he put Madame down she started walking towards us and, just when I was about to remark on the dog's walk, the guy next to me said "Man. Your dog is out of alignment." And she was. As she walked towards us she moved in a straight line but her body angled like a car out of alignment. Craziest thing. I don't know what that dog was (little, short haired, with huge pointy ears - a funky cute mutt) but she was hysterical.

Oh another adorable thing about my dog, Fluffy, is when she hears a doorbell on the TV she gets all alert, stands at attention briefly at the top of the stairs, then runs down in anticipation. The first time she did that, I kept rewinding and playing the doorbell over and over. It was sooo funny. My dog makes me laugh and brings such joy into our home and we kind of acquired her by "accident." We were not pet people before this and when we first got her I didn't know what to do with her and couldn't wait to be rid of her. Now, I don't want to think about life without her.

I also love the way she will just come up to me and lay her fluffy head in my lap and just look up at me. Her name is Fluffy and she IS fluffy, but I didn't name her.

Sometimes, something will catch her attention on TV and it looks like she is watching it and she will turn her head back and forth and it's so cute b/c from behind, it looks like she is really watching TV.
Angela

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.