Fun Poll...Doggie Roll Call!

Hi,

I have 2 Wire Fox Terriers, one 3 year old male, "Keegan" and a 5 month old puppy, " Kylee". Keegan is in both agility and obedience, he has 2 AKC obedience titles. Kylee is in puppy obedience, we call her the little "vixen". :eek:

My avatar pic is Keegan doing the tire jump in agility. Here is a pic of the 2 together:

398096126.jpg

Last edited:
I have 2 wonderful dogs:
Sam is a golden doodle, very smart and gentle
and Duke is a chocolate lab, very good duck hunter and overall sweet dog.

what a great thread! our boy is Gideon, he is a yellow lab & he will be 2 on Dec 29th. he has same bday as my younger son, Chase. we surprised the boys & they had no idea we were getting a puppy. a friend from high school (who lives in AL) posted on FB that his dog was having puppies & when they were born on Chase's bday I figured it was a sign. so, I checked w/ my fiancee & he loved the idea. we kept it a secret from the boys. we drove to the GA-AL state line to pick him up while Chase was at a baseball tourney. my friend brought both the boys home that night & she walked them to the door so she could see their faces...it was so cool!
Gideons full name is General Gideon Maximus, but we call him Gideon, Sweet Gid, Bubba, the General and a few others. I work from home so he is my shadow. we trail walk, trail run or his (and my) favorite...mountain biking! he is so great on the trails. he gets so excited when we first start out. he's pretty fast, too. he looks so awesome in full stride.

We have one dog Sparty, who is a mix of lab, shephard, and Golden Retriever. Adopted when he was one from the shelter and once he turned two and left behind all the digging, and stealing and destroying items, he's become the perfect dog. Couldn't ask for more. :D

We also share (long story) some cats with the neighbors. One who spends his days sleeping in "his" chair, another who comes and goes as she pleases and a third who was a drop off years ago and is still very skittish. :( There's one other who comes when it's dark to eat. Never have gotten within 6' of him and no idea where he came from, but he's been around more than a year now.

I have a 10-1/2 year-old yellow lab named Casey. He's the best dog I've ever had, and I'm getting a little sad since he's getting up there in age and is starting to slow down a little. He and I are joined at the hip...:)

My Family!!!

I have 2 Inside Babies - that would be shocked to find out they are actually dogs - Dogue de Bordeaux - "Turner and Hooch" dogs ... Buster Male - 130 pounds - 10 years old - Toots female 120 pounds 8 years old -I have never owned dogs as smart or as human like as these dogs are .. the pics below are after the female FINALLY came out of her last heat!! (think that was first nap Buster had in 2 weeks) whew! BUT LOVE my children!!!

I do have 2 outside babies - both FOUND ME!!! Sweet Sally - a pit bull - I am thinking she is around 10 years old now and Jake a fluffy white mix of sheppard and lab maybe he is about 2 ...

Buster thinks he is man of the house .. second only to me. Toots is QUEEN BEE and has DH wrapped around his finger - Sally is guardian of everyone - and Jake is the goofball (comic relief) :D

Attachments

• Buster resting.jpg
    Buster resting.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Pretty Toots.jpg
    Pretty Toots.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Babies on guard.jpg
    Babies on guard.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 20
pets

I think this is the best thread ever!!! I love reading all your stories & seeing your photos. I can not figure out how to post pictures of my crew. Thanks for sharing all your stories. My favorite charity & all time place to ever visit is Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. If any of you are not familiar with their work, please please check out their website.

Karen

I have an extremely handsome golden retriever named Ripken. He is a little over 10 and 1/2 years old and my constant companion when I am home. We walk 2 to 3 miles almost everyday and he still is a big goof ball puppy. He loves to watch me workout with Cathe and sometimes sits on my feet when I'm doing core work or lays across stomach to provide me with an extra challenge. After I get my licks in--he gets his as he licks the sweat off me. Then I'm ready for a shower! Ripken "getting his licks in" was the inspiration for the name of my Cathe check-in group. Ripken is front and center in my avatar.
Michelle

Hi
Penny is a terrier mix from the humane society she was such a sad sack and so thin and afraid when we got her. Now she loves everyone and loves to play. 9 yrs old

Halo is a lab mix got her from the humane society also when she was 6wks old from a huge litter. Old agehas not slowed her down yet yikes she's a handful, even had squeaker removal tummy surgery, got penny to be her friend 8 yrs ago poor penny lol...

Aurora is 13 black and white long hair- she's my baby, has inflammatory bowel disease. She was got from a animal er at 3 weeks old when I was in tech school I was suckering into picking up some kittens to care for. She had a rough start in life. If only she would stop sleeping on my head at night lol.

Wilson-11yr old black and white shorthair. Love him. He actually got his name from the tom hanks castaway movie. He was born at the vet clinic I worked at someone dropped off a pregnant momma cat at the door. Wilson was born in the X-ray room. NoWonder he's a little odd. Hubby got him for a bday present lol he was not to excited about that at the time. Now they are best buds.
Elbee- 4 yrs old dsh tabby- a 18 pounder hear. he does need to loose 4 pounds but he's just a big cat and he loves everyone. Will even clean the dogs. Elbee stands for long beach and we got him at the pound and he weighs alot of lb's so it works. He loves the laser light and to lay on your lap only if you have a blanket.

Attachments

• image-1808647675.jpg
    image-1808647675.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 9
  • image-253085140.jpg
    image-253085140.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 10
  • image-943721467.jpg
    image-943721467.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 9
  • image-1985795721.jpg
    image-1985795721.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 9
  • image-2848233508.jpg
    image-2848233508.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 10
I think this is the best thread ever!!! I love reading all your stories & seeing your photos. I can not figure out how to post pictures of my crew. Thanks for sharing all your stories. My favorite charity & all time place to ever visit is Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. If any of you are not familiar with their work, please please check out their website.

Karen

Karen,

Thanks, you made my day - I was hoping lot of people would like this thread! :) I checked out the Best Friends Animal Sactuary site - what a wonderful place, especially for older dogs who may have a harder time getting adopted. Every animal deserves a safe place to live. I would definitely support this charity.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.