Frustrated

MARY1616

Cathlete
I hope it is ok to vent a little to a gang of people who I know will understand.
I have been eating clean (1 cheat day on weekends) cut out wine except on my cheat day and I have been doing a sts/cardio rotation for 4 weeks and I have not lost 1 single pound. Every time I get on the scale it does not budge. I of course realize that muscle mass is increasing but is it ok to not loose 1 single pound. f.y.i. sts on mon, wed , fri followed by 20-30 minutes of cardio and on tues/thurs cardio only. I feel like throwing in the towel and driving to mcdonalds for a bigmac and a super large fry:(

Mary, are you eating enough? I found that when my weight loss stalled out, that I was not eating enough. Hang in there

I am right in the zone as far as my caloric intake, I am wondering if my age (35) might have something to do with it

(((Mary))))

I'm sorry you're so frustrated. I've been there. But what I can say for sure is DO NOT punish yourself and your body by eating junk food. For me too, it takes soooo long to get feedback from a scale, which is why I really love my GoWear Fit which gives me goals I can reach and feel good about every day.

Hang in there--your body WILL change if you keep up the hard work.

Amy

Hey Mary, I am 38 and I think age isn't the only factor. To be honest, I really had to focus on exactly what I was eating and when I was eating. I found that I wasn't eating enough, so my metabolism was slowing down. Maybe others from the educated crowd will have more help for you. Good luck!

I am right in the zone as far as my caloric intake, I am wondering if my age (35) might have something to do with it

Thank you so much for your input and encouragement . I am thinking about that full body make up which tells you exactly how many calories you burn at rest. I feel like my body is not responding the way it has for the last 10+ years I have been working out...so something is different....maybe hormones:rolleyes:?

Mary, it's not unusual. Keep at it and you'll start dropping. :) Few things to consider...what's your sodium intake like? When I started watching sodium it helped. Also make sure you are getting enough water. And, make sure you are not undoing your hard work on the weekends! I recently read that alcohol can really inhibit the ability to burn fat.

HTH!

Terri

Terri, I did not even think about my sodium intake. I have 2 small kids and if I am in a rush I just grab a frozen meal(which they are packed with sodium) I am going to try and cut those meals out. Thanks for your input.

I hope it is ok to vent a little to a gang of people who I know will understand.
I have been eating clean (1 cheat day on weekends) cut out wine except on my cheat day and I have been doing a sts/cardio rotation for 4 weeks and I have not lost 1 single pound. Every time I get on the scale it does not budge. I of course realize that muscle mass is increasing but is it ok to not loose 1 single pound. f.y.i. sts on mon, wed , fri followed by 20-30 minutes of cardio and on tues/thurs cardio only. I feel like throwing in the towel and driving to mcdonalds for a bigmac and a super large fry:(

sometimes your body holds onto the weight and then out of nowhere you will have a large loss. i would try the bigmac and super fry (don't give up on eating clean though), sometimes the shock to the diet will actually release the weight. i don't know why this happens, but it happened to me a couple of times. also, your body may be adjusting to sts, so have patience. and finally, perhaps you don't have alot of weight to lose and the process will take longer. don't give up, you'll get there. :)

I was stalled out when I started STS too. Then about the 4th week of Meso 2 the weight suddenly started dropping off me. I think STS is a new way of working out and your body is adjusting to it. Keep working at it.

I was stalled out when I started STS too. Then about the 4th week of Meso 2 the weight suddenly started dropping off me. I think STS is a new way of working out and your body is adjusting to it. Keep working at it.

I also didn't notice any changes until the end of meso 2. Then I was like, wow! My pants are loose. :D Keep at it and you'll be happy.

Boy that would be a GREAT surprise if I dropped weight suddenly. I know I have never focused this much on weight workouts( i am a bit Of a cardio junkie) so maybe that is why I am not dropping so fast. I DO NOT build muscle easily but I must say I can see a bit of a difference which is nice. It is so funny how much of a slave to the scale I can be. I think I may throw that stupid thing in the trash and judge my progress by what I look like and how my clothes feel.

Good thought! That is exactly the epiphany that my husband and I reached after years of weighing and measuring. ;) Hang in there, I know the results you want are right around the corner. :)

Boy that would be a GREAT surprise if I dropped weight suddenly. I know I have never focused this much on weight workouts( i am a bit Of a cardio junkie) so maybe that is why I am not dropping so fast. I DO NOT build muscle easily but I must say I can see a bit of a difference which is nice. It is so funny how much of a slave to the scale I can be. I think I may throw that stupid thing in the trash and judge my progress by what I look like and how my clothes feel.

Hi Mary!

Hang in there and be patient! Do try what the others have mentioned. I want to let you know that I got stuck this past month at 130 with only 5 lbs. to my goal weight! It is frustrating! I'm not doing STS, but I was on a one-month rotation of S&H alternating with C5K for running. I thought my stall was because at the beginning, I was walking more than running. After I finished that rotation, I decided to go straight cardio for a few weeks. I've been doing that now for 2 weeks and what da' ya' know? I have dropped down to 128.6! That is my official weight as of this morning!

Give it time. Keep up the hard work and it will kick back in again! Just tell yourself that you've made a lot of progress. Be happy that you have met the goals you've aimed for and just wait. Try changing different things up. I started zig zagging my calories, too to see if that would help!

Let us know how you fare!

Tricia

Thank you so much for your input and encouragement . I am thinking about that full body make up which tells you exactly how many calories you burn at rest. I feel like my body is not responding the way it has for the last 10+ years I have been working out...so something is different....maybe hormones:rolleyes:?

Hang in there! I'm with you on the way my body changed it's response after a certain age! About two years ago when I hit my forties I gained about 15lbs working out six days a week and staying at 1500 calories a day I never gained any more but I've tried anything I can think of to lose! I just finished STS and got great definition although I actually weigh exactly the same!
I recently finished reading "Outsmarting the Middle Age Fat Cell" and it sounds as though a lifetime of calorie restriction and dieting set me up for this disaster! On the bright side if I keep at it things should level back out( according to the book) and of course thanks to Cathe I am strong and fit and the muscle looks alot better than fat! Lol! The full body makeup sounds good! I bought the GoWear Bodyfit monitor and it says I'm burning plenty of calories a day so I'm not sure what else to do?! I may need to eat more but I'm really afraid to try!

Ladies, once again thank you!! I am not going to weigh in until august 1st. This will help me focus on what I see in the mirror and not on the scale. I tend to also think that my body really likes the weight I am at because no matter if I watch my food or if I splurge a bit I am still the same weight. I remember weighing 20lbs less when I was 19 and ya know...I had the same issues with my body then. Live and learn:D

I wanted to add too, that while the scale has not moved anymore my body seems to be shrinking still! Clothes I bought just 6 weeks ago are getting loose around the hips and thighs--my big problem areas. So don't give up. :D

I'd suggest possibly instead of cheating on weekends, just have one cheat meal on Saturday and one on Sunday, if possible only one cheat meal on weekends. You could possibly be sabotaging your week's effort by what you're eating on the weekends.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.