Foxy Fusionistas in September!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
*Barbell bent over row and Barbell squat (10 reps each x 2 rounds)
*Perfect push up-body saw and Squat Press (10 reps each x 2 rounds)
***Then Repeat One More time

*SB bridge 15 s hold and Renegade row 5R/5L (x2 rounds)...
*Squat curl and Stability ball forward roll in push up position (10 reps x 2 rounds)
***Then Repeat One More Time

***8@10/20 of each of the following pairs of exercises....
*Speed Squat with light weight press up & Skaters
*Fast Feet & Hands on/off box
*Front Kick/Rear Lunge Combo & One Arm Swings
*Lateral Plank Walks & Burpees

Happy Labor Day!!

I kicked off my Labor Day with a kick-butt Crossfit partner workout. Of course my fabulous sister was my partner. The workout went like this:

1 mile run (together)

100 push-ups (each)

800 meter buddy run/walk (400, then switch)

100 sit ups (each)

400 meter farmers run (200 meters, then switch)

100 air squats (each)

1 mile run (together)

It took us about 50 minutes to complete it all. The buddy run was tough! You're carrying your partner on your back while you try to run/walk. My sis only weighs about 120 pounds, but it was still killer. :) We walked most of that.

BBL for personals!!

The following circuit done 3x through... :D

Split Stance Squat R x10
Split Stance Deadlift R x10
Split Stance Squat L x10...
Split Stance Deadlift L x10
Mountain Climber Push Up x10
Floor Bridge 30 s hold
Split Stance Supported One Arm Bent Over Row R x10
One Arm Push Up Position 15 s hold R
Split Stance Supported One Arm Bent Over Row L x10
One Arm Push Up Position 15 s hold L

Hello ladies!!;)

Monday's workout was Burn done twice(System of Sleek). Then my DD, DGD & I took turns jumping rope for 2 minutes while the other rested.

Katie: Wow, your CrossFit workout sounds insane!!:eek: I didn't realize you & your sister are such hardcore athletes!! I am very impressed. Your next event will be a piece of cake!!:p Good job!

Wendy:

Hello again!!

Monday's workout was AfterBurn. Still very hard but not quite as hard as the last time I did it.:rolleyes:

Lol Wendy: Sorry about that, we went to Greenville today to visit their EMS supply area. On the way back the internet was acting up, so I saved as I went along. Well, I couldn't get back on to finish what I started. From the workouts you posted I can tell you are back to your energetic self.:p

20 @ 15/25 of:
Modified Pull Ups
Bear Crawls
Push Ups on Bosu alternating hands or feet elevated each round
Burpees

Morning!

Went to Crossfit yesterday after work. Here's what we did:

Warm-up:
- 400 meter run
- 20 shoulder stretches with a bar
- 20 pancakes (sit-up and then stretch forward as far as possible)
- 20 lunges with a band pull for shoulders
- ??? - we did something else, but I can't remember what, lol!

Skill:

- Front squats - 1 warmup set (5 reps, 55 pounds), 1 heavy set (5 reps, 85 pounds) and 1 lighter set (10 reps, 70 pounds). My lower body could have handled more weight, but the bar was killing my shoulders and wrists. This was my first time doing front squats, though, so maybe i'll improve.
- 200 meter broad jumps

WOD:

Repeat the following circuit three times:
- 15 hand-stand pushups (yowza, I barely bent my arms, lol)
- 30 box jumps (we used a 20 inch box, which is really tall for a shortie like me, so I would do 10 full jumps and then 20 step ups. I didn't want to ask falling and hurting myself)
- 120 jump ropes

I went ahead and signed up for a month of Crossfit (well, 3x per week, the rest of the days will be Cathe days). It's different, and my body needs different right now.

Wiggie: Awww, thank you for your sweet compliments. I don't think i'm as much of an athlete as I sound, lol! I completed the workout on Monday, but it took me a loooong time to get through it all. :eek: Jumping rope is tough! Good grief. I didn't realize how hard it would be. I was gasping for air. I could only do about 40 jumps at a time before I had to take a break. High five on kicking some Afterburn butt. It's always a fantastic feeling when a workout gets even a tinsy bit easier. ;) You rock!!

Wendy: Yep, back to the crazy-intense workouts I see. ;) Way to go!!! You're always an inspiration to me. How was your time in AC? Did you win any big money?? If so, feel free to share with your Cathlete friends. :p I LOVE split stance squats and deadlifts. I don't know why, I just do. :D

Hey Ladies. :)

A/C was fun but no, Katie, I didn't win. Sorry. :p Now my "real" vacation that I took earlier in the week is another story but I can't recall if I told you girls that story or not! :confused::rolleyes: Let me know so I don't repeat myself! LOL

My race is Saturday! I can't believe it! I'm askeered! It's twice the distance (if not a bit longer even!) then the first one I did! I must be crazy!!!!!!!!! :eek: Too late now to back out though so I went out shopping for supplies last night. Shopping always makes me feel better! :p LOL So I bought sports beans, some other kind of energy chews, a soft water bottle that clips to my belt loop and knee pads. I'm all geared up and ready to go. Now let's just hope I make it out of the woods in one piece!:confused::rolleyes:

Katie:: Nice work outs, Crossfitter!:) Don't worry-I won't tell my boss! ;) I can't even get into a handstand much less do a push up from that position and yet you say I inspire YOU!? Thank you but you are quite inspirational yourself! Crossfit scares me (not in a bad way. just seems crazy hard.) :eek: and here you are jumping in head first! (PUN INTENDED!:p) Crazy girl! :D

Wiggie:: Afterburn is a toughie for sure! Great job getting it done! Sorry about your internet connection problems. So frustrating I am sure. :(

20 @ 15/30::
Hand to Hand Swings
Body Saw
Skaters
Alt Hand Slide Reach...
Burpees
Side Plank Hold L
Bear Crawls
Side Plank Hold R
High Knees
One Arm Push Up Position Hold L
Suicides
Mountain Climber Saw
Speed Squat with Press Ups
Plank Hold
Speed Squat w/Med Ball
One Arm Push Up Position Hold R
Line Taps
Med Ball Roll in Push Up Position R
Double Arm Swing
Med Ball Roll in Push Up Position L

Good morning!

Sorry i've been posting sporadically lately. Life has been crazy busy. I spent most of yesterday driving around the state for work and didn't get home until 10:00 pm. And i'm leaving today after work for a 2 day trip with family, so i've been trying to get ready for that. No workout today because it's my rest day. But I did workout the past two days.

Wednesday:

**Warmup
- 50 butt kicks
- 50 high knees
- 20 shoulder stretches
- 40 leg swings (20 each)
- other various stretches

**Skill
- Power Clean (3 reps, 55 pounds and 3 reps, 65 pounds)
- Muscle ups (yeah, I'm not going to even describe but I never really got it, lol)

**WOD: 4 rounds of the following
- 10 Deadlifts (85 pounds)
- 15 pull-ups (assisted with band)
- 20 ball walls (12 pound ball)

Thursday:
- 3 rounds of Tabatacise
- 100 bicep curls (20# barbell - I need to go heavier next time)
- 100 tricep extensions (40 with a 8# dumbbell, 60 with a 5# dumbbell)
- 3, 1 minute plank holds

Wendy: Kick some BUTT on Saturday!! You're going to do awesome. You've been training hard, and are ready to go ROCK that course! I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm still seriously considering a Spartan race next spring. No, I don't think you've told us what happened during your other vacation. Do share!! Oh, now, I bet you could get in a handstand. I did not know I could either until I tried. I just gave it a shot...i'm lucky I didn't make a fool out of myself, lol!

Hi Wiggie!

Hello All!! :)

I don't remember what Tuesday's workout was:eek:, I forgot to write it down. Wednesday's was Pump & Burn, Thursday's was System of Sleek Max(55 min) & Friday's was High Step Challenge which I really enjoyed. I've only done that one once or twice, never really liked it much, but today I did.:rolleyes:

Katie: Wow, didn't get home from work until 10pm? Sounds like my Fridays!:p I hope you have a fab time this weekend. IKWYM about life getting crazy at times, well I guess it keeps things interesting!:rolleyes: Another crazy crossfit workout!:eek: I am going to have to step up my game, you ladies are amazing!! I too have trouble with heavy weight on a barbell, even with a pad it hurts!!:mad: Jumping rope is hard but it's fun at the same time! I am getting better but have a lot of room for improvement.

Wendy: I didn't realize your race was coming up so soon, good luck, not that you'll need it.;) You are an amazing Cathlete, I know you'll do well. I can't wait to hear all about it!! I also want to hear about the aforementioned trip! What are sport beans?:confused:

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies. :)

Up before dawn on a Saturday....it's a sin! :rolleyes: Gotta leave the house at 7:00 though so I had to do it! Want to get to the race location for 8:30 to meet my group. We have to park off-site and will get shuttled over to the race area so we need more time then we normally would....

Cliff Notes Version on the vacation::
We were supposed to rent an RV and drive it up to Niagara Falls, Canada. Stay in an RV park from Saturday to Wednesday evening (after dinner) or early Thursday morning and then drive home. We were supposed to get the RV by 1pm at the latest and possibly earlier depending upon when it was ready. Well long story short, the RV was not returned by the previous renters on time and wasn't ready to go until &:30-8:00pm that evening!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::mad::eek::mad: We waited until 5pm before demanding our $$ back and scrambling to make other plans. Ended up going out for dinner and leaving the next morning for a cabin in the Poconos where we proceeded to basically do NOTHING from Sunday through Wednesday. :confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes: IT.WAS.A.SERIOUS.WASTE.OF.VACATION.TIME!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Katie::
Sorry i've been posting sporadically lately. Life has been crazy busy.
I could have written your post so I certainly understand!:)

Wiggie:: Sport Beans are just jelly bean type snacks to eat for energy during long endurance activities. I used to write down my work outs religiously but now that I hardly ever do any dvds it's kind of pointless so I don't really do that anymore.

Ok, gotta scram...I have an hour before I have to leave and I want to make sure I am ready!:eek::eek::eek:

Happy Sunday!!(night)

Saturday's workout was 1/2 of Shape It Up then Burn Circuit 1(CLX). Sunday's workout was 2 of the Zropes workouts(30 min) & 100 squats. I decided to do the 100 squat challenge. You know how I am, so we'll see how long I do it.:rolleyes: I was off from work Thursday & Friday & thoroughly enjoyed it!:D I really don't want to go to work tomorrow.:mad: But of course I will.:(

Katie: I hope you're having a fab time!!:)

Wendy: I am sooo sorry about your vacation woes, that really bites!!:mad: How did the race go?

Hey Girls!:)

OMG! I am sooo SORE!!! :eek: My hips are at the top of the list of things that hurt. I am waddling...not walking!!!!!!!!!!! The tops of my big toes even hurt!!!:eek: It would be great if I could work standing up today but my desk is too low. Every time I sit or lay still I stiffen up and practically fall over trying to get up and walk again!:confused::rolleyes::p

The race was 8 miles (as it was originally intended to be), instead of the 11 miles it was last year. It was super tough. Took for us 4:15 to finish. Me and the two other girls from the studio stuck together. My boss took off and finished in 2:45. :eek: The one girl that I was with could have been right up there with him though! She did this race last year and BEAT him! 11 miles in 3:45. He did it last year in 4:05! I probably could have come in closer to a solid 4 y'day if left on my own. The other gal was a bit slower and we spent a decent amount of time waiting for her to catch up when we hit an obstacle. Aside from some pain - intermittent leg/foot cramps and a knee that felt like it was going to implode on the down hills towards the end - I really enjoyed the race and intend to sign up for it next year!:D

So yesterday I wore my Spartan Race T-shirt food shopping and I'm glad that I did b/c as it turns out, one of the ppl that works there also works for the Spartan Races.! He saw my shirt and we ended up having a great conversation about the races! I also got great advice on how to help my cramping issues in my legs/feet! Very cool!:)

Katie:: Great work out! And I think I'll pass on the handstand!:p How was your weekend?

Wiggie:: Ew I feel your pain on going back to work after having some time off.:( If I survived it though, then anyone can! :p Zropes work out? What's that??

BBL!:cool:

Hello! :)

I spent most of the weekend in Huntington, WV. A family friend's daughter attends Marshall University, and invited us to a Marshall football game. We had a good time. Because of the trip, I was not able to workout on Saturday, but yesterday I did a SJP/SB step combo. Basically, I alternated between a SJP step segment and the SB finished combos. I also did the SB challenge, the SJP abs, 2, 1:15 planks and 2, 45 second side planks (L and R). I've got Crossfit again today after work and i'm looking forward to it.

Wendy: HIGH FIVE!!!!!!! Wow, i'm so proud of you!! That race was no joke. What kind of obstacles did you face this time around? I think it's awesome that a group of you stuck together. IMO, a race like that is much more doable when you're with a team. Good luck at work today. Don't fall out of your chair or anything. :p Sorry to hear about your botched vacation. :(:(:( I can only imagine how mad/frustrated/sad/upset/annoyed you must have been.

Wiggie: Nice job rocking out several excellent workouts last week! I love High Step Challenge. It's a little on the long side for me, so I don't turn to it often, but I never regret it when I do. :) Yeah, what is this ZRopes workout? Is that a new one? I hope Cathe's new workouts come out soon. It feels like it is taking forever this time around. :mad: Glad you enjoyed your days off work!!

Hola!!;)

Monday's workout was JNL's Lean Legs. I used my weighted vest with my dumbbells to make it heavier, but comfortable. The last half of the workout I subbed swings for the cardio. I just bought a 15 lb kettlebell & had to use it.:rolleyes: I also did my daily 100 squats. I apologize for the Zropes mention, I thought I told you about it.:eek: Zcut Zropes is a jumprope dvd by Zuzka. I like it since I'm into that right now.

Wendy: Congrats on doing so well with your race! How's the doms? Easing up any? You can afford to rest a bit, I'm sure that race is equivalent to a week of workouts!!:eek::p

Katie:So glad you had fun this weekend! How was CrossFit?

Well despite my good intentions (and actually being able to walk when I got out of bed w/o almost falling over!:p), I did not work out this morning. :( You see, in addition to being extremely sore, I was also blessed with a cold the morning after the race. :rolleyes: I took Nyquil (expired - I thought it was all we had!) last night before bed and although it made me more tired it did nothing for my congestion so I was having a hard time sleeping. I got up about an hour later and went searching though the medicine cabinet desperately and found a different medicine (NOT expired!), so I took half of a dose. It knocked me on my azz and eventually I was able to breathe so I was finally able to pass out but it was too late - I woke up this morning feeling drunk/comatose and still do.... :confused:

Tmrw evening DH and I are supposed to head to the gym for the first time in months so I may or may not work out at home in the morning....ok, FINE! I probably will! :p

BBL for personals.:cool:

Last minute workout to relieve a case of the guilts for not getting it done this morning!

5 push ups, 5 rows, 5 squats, 5 military presses x 8 rounds.

5 sliding rear lunges R, 5 sliding rear lunges L x 6 rounds.

5 sb forward roll in push up position, 15 sec sb bridge, forward roll in plank, sb bridge x 4 rounds.

Good Morning Ladies. :)

Here is this morning's work out -

4 of 8@10/20 Conditioning Drills:

1) Hand to Hand Swings + Hands On/Off Box
2) Burpees + One Arm Swings
3) Box Walk Outs + Double Arm Swings
4) Skaters + Speed Squats

BBL!:cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.