Found: 2 good sports bras

Gobias

Cathlete
I hope this helps others, as I was having a hard time finding sport bras that worked for me lately.

I am a 34B - 34C depending on the bra. I can kind of get away with a 36 if the bra is on the tightest hook-and-eye. Unfortunately, that seems to be a size that is "too small" for MAXIMUM bounce control, as max control seems to be geared towards D+ size. Both of these bras are considered MAX support.

I had been using a Champion Bra, but for the life of me cannot remember or read the model number, but all I know is they stopped making it at least a year ago. I had several of those bras and they lasted forever. It was a hook-and-eye closure, no wire, adjustable strap and made of material that didn't just compress you into a uniboob, rather it seemed to hold everything in place with tight support. I finally had to replace it since for the past year it really needed replacement but everything I found didn't work for me.

Champion All-Out Support Wireless Sport Bra 1660: I bought a 34C. This one is like wearing 2 bras in one (it really does have 2 fabric layers in front) and it kept everything in place. It wasn't overly hot and nicely wicked away any sweat. I did Tabata and HiiT in it with no bounce. I wore it with and without a HR monitor. It was more comfortable without the monitor, but that is always the case IMO. It had enough underneath strap to cover the HR monitor (Sometimes I was finding that the HR monitor was kind of being used as the underwire for my support due to not enough bottom strap for OTHER bras I was testing, but that wasn't the case for this bra). It is also a cute bra, I got the white and black. The CONS for me were it is racer back and I do not like those. I don't like the feel of something in the middle of my back and at first kept thinking it was my hair falling out of my clips. It is just something I need to get used to. Even though it is racer back, it does have 3 hook-and-eye closures (I used the tightest) and the straps are adjustable. Another CON may be that since I got a multi colored bra, you would be able to see the multi colors through a white shirt. That isn't a problem for me since I don't wear a shirt, just the bra.

Champion The Show Off Sports Bra 1666. I got size SMALL. I did Tabata and Imax 2&3 with this one and it also kept everything in place. This one did even better for wicking away sweat. It also has a racer back (a CON for me) and has 3 hook-and-eye clasps for tightening as well as adjustable straps. A plus for this one is that there is no nipple show through - it has concealing petals that aren't overly bulky or hot. It does not have a uniboob effect and actually showed somewhat curves (well, as much as a sportsbra can). I really liked the colors (I got white/grey and white/citrine) and is cute enough to wear without a shirt without screaming "I am only wearing a bra!".

So for me, both bras could handle tabata, hit, Imax - if I had to choose, I would say the 1660 model held stuff in place a little more. However the 1666 model did not cause me any bounce discomfort.

Both bras had that dreaded racerback (i hate trying to pull a sweaty bra over my head - I prefer hook-and-eye closures only). However the model 1660 seemed "lighter" between my shoulder blades. That may have been because of the different exercises I did and perhaps was a bit sweatier on one day or another. Very minimal difference.

Both bras are cute and can be worn without a shirt. But the model 1666 is cuter and looks less like a sports bra.

Neither bra causes a uniboob - but the model 1666 is even less uniboob than model 1660.

Both bras have 3 hook and eye closures for adjusting and adjustable straps for adjusting. A definite pro for me.

Both bras are tag free, so no chaffing.

Both were able to cover my HR strap.

Other MAX support bras I tried that did NOT work for me were: zip tech (no support when jumping up and down in the fitting room), Double Dry Spot Comfort (again, no support when jumping), powerback underwire (NO support!). This may be because again, I am considered too small for MAX support for some reason. It was like I didn't fill the cups out enough. I do want to try the 360degrees max support bra. That sounds like it will work.

Hope this helps. I swear I have tried 15 different bras in the last year when I knew my favorite had to be replaced. None of them worked until these two.

Thanks for the review; this was great, I'm shopping around for a nice sports bra and this review is extremely helpful. Thanks so much.

Glad it may help someone.

I bought them online at championusa.com after trying several on at a Sports Authority and jumping around in the fitting room. Champion had a good return policy, but I also like to try it on first.

My problem is not many stores actually carry the MAX support bras I was interested in. I really want to try the 360 degrees one and one other (can't remember name right now....), but want to try it on first.

I have bought countless bras over the last year and ended up returning because I either wasn't able to try it on first or I tested it in the fitting room, but it was different when I went home and did an actual workout. I also noticed that Sports Bra sizing sometimes is different than regular bra sizing. At least for me.

I found a 20% off coupon code when I ordered mine online. Just googled it.

Hope this helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.