Forza....Holy Crap!!!

LastTango

Cathlete
I just did the first Forza workout. I started out with 1 pound gloves on my hands...had to ditch those. This is a real workout for the arms, particularly the shoulders and a little biceps and forearms. My hands also got tired. It is hard to learn to control the bokken so you can make strong, powerful strikes. It also gets some abs as well. My heart rate went to 140 or so in short burts, especially in the combo sections.

I can't move my arms much right now. Will be luckily if they aren't cussing me tomorrow.

Just watched a clip of this and it looks really good. I've never used a bokken before but really want to learn with this DVD. I like all of hers so far and plan on getting them all.

Thanks for the Review.
I have all the most recent Ilaria workouts except for her Forza workouts.
But I have thought about getting them.

Monday I did Powerstrike 6 and think that is the best of the PS workouts. I still need to do Athletica and BS2.

Ilaria has 2 of them, right? Are both of them good? Can anyone provide more details of either of the 2? It seems like an interesting, low impact but would work the core and upper body well.

TIA

I love IIlaria's focus & discipline. I use PS#5 and it took a while to get the routine down but what a sweat fest it provided me. I will definitley purchase her other WO.

JDImascio, I don't have the two Forza workouts but you can view a clip of the two at TotalFitnessDvds if you haven't already.

Something totally different...my kids actually seem very interested. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, they love to sword fight.

I don't have them yet either but plan on getting them. Those workouts looks very good for conditioning the arms and learning simply sword fighting techniques.

Hmmmm, is that still by Ilaria Montagnani, I haven't seen that one? I did buy a bokken last week, can't wait to get the Forza sword workouts :)

Would you guys consider Forza 2 cardio?

I have the Forza workouts and really like them. I consider them more toning than cardio. My HR monitor registers in the very low aerobic zone when I do these workouts. They are great upper body workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.