For those who have done Insanity...

Melclear

Cathlete
I just started Insanity this week. I noticed that, according to the rotation, the abs workout isn't done until week 3. Since I am in pretty good shape thanks to Cathe, does anyone see any reason why I can't add on the abs, even in the first week?

Also, I have a DVD with Cardio Power and Cardio Abs on it, and then another DVD with Cardio Abs. Are these the same workout, on 2 separate disks? That strikes me as a bit off that BB would pitch it as a 10 DVD set. But I did get mine used off e-bay, so I am wondering if maybe there is something missing?

Thanks!

Mel

I just started Insanity this week. I noticed that, according to the rotation, the abs workout isn't done until week 3. Since I am in pretty good shape thanks to Cathe, does anyone see any reason why I can't add on the abs, even in the first week?

Also, I have a DVD with Cardio Power and Cardio Abs on it, and then another DVD with Cardio Abs. Are these the same workout, on 2 separate disks? That strikes me as a bit off that BB would pitch it as a 10 DVD set. But I did get mine used off e-bay, so I am wondering if maybe there is something missing?

Thanks!

Mel

I think the Cardio Abs DVD are the same. I haven't done the complete rotation as written. Because I have just finished the STS 3 month. I did Insanity on cardio days. I really think the workouts focus on the core/abs. I didn't do any abs after doing cardio, because usually I was exhausted. I usually did them on the weight lifting days. But I am sure you could add them in,bu not every day. It is a great program. Good luck :D

Jennifer

I finally looked at the "trailer" for Insanity and it is truly insane and I am truly in awe of you gals you can complete this. IMHO PX90 seems a bit less scary! All I can say is that you TOTALLY ROCK for being "Insane". I'll stick with Cathe for now and "graduate" to PX90 at some point- when I feel really brave.

TGIF!!:D

Your set is right. Yes they included a DVD with cardio abs, and cardio abs is also on another DVD. I don't quite understand that either.

There is no reason you can't do abs earlier in the program, IMO. You'll notice there is some impact in cardio abs (right at the start), so I have a feeling they pushed it until later in the program so that people were used to doing all the impact and, thus, were able to go from one tough workout right into another tough (but short) high impact section for abs. IMO, there really isn't too much harm to delaying the ab work since there is so much core work in the workouts themselves. But if you feel ready to do it....do it. I was doing ab workouts much earlier in the program than suggested and was fine with it.

I absolute LOVED Insanity and hope you enjoy it. I finished my first rotation at Christmas and have no doubt I'll be using these workouts, in some form or another, for a very long time. Have fun!!

finishing week 1 of Insanity

These dvds are hard but I love them. Between Cathe and these I am determined to look leaner:)

Thanks all. I am shocked by how much I am loving this series, since I was not an impact/intensity junkie. Today is day 6 of week 1 for me, and I can't wait to do it. After each workout, I end up on the floor, dripping wet, feeling totally spent, but amazed at what I just did. I think after my 60 days are up will be the STS strength/cardio rotation, which should get me in great shape for summer!

I got insanity this summer and delved right in to the rotation as written. I think there are plenty of ab moves in the workouts to keep your abs in great shape. i have done P90x and P90x+ and STS and loved the results from all those rotations, but i have to say Insanity leaned me out like no other and I obtained cuts in my obliques the likes of which i never thought I would achieve at the ripe old age of 48.
I am currently in week 2 of a P90x/ Insanity hybrid rotation and I am feeling the burn!! Once I am finished with this I am going to spend my spring/ early summer in STS cardio and weight land, making substitutions for meso 2 legs (I gained a great deal of mass doing those trisets!!)

My 2 cents says do the rotation as written.... I did not lose any strength when I did it this past summer, my 1RM for STS were still at least 8% higher than my first set of 1RM and my husband had no complaints about my ab definition!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.