Foot issue question

RhiannonW

Cathlete
Cathe and educated crowd,

I'm beginning to experience a "burning-pull" in the arch of my foot when I walk. It's never bothered me during workouts, I only notice it sometimes when I'm walking - like room to room in the house.

Any thoughts as to what's going on with my foot?

All thoughts and opinions are encouraged.
Thank you, in advance.

Hi RhiannonW,
Yesterday I couldn't workout, because the arch of my foot was hurting so much. Go in search and type in pain in my foot.
There is a lot of good information. Hope this helps!
Good luck! Belinda

From your basic post, I'd assume plantar fasciitis. There are stretches, etc to do to help you out. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?Thread_ID=144

(I think you notice PF more when you first wake up and when you don't have shoes on... so when you say you feel it when walking from roon to room in your house, I assume you don't have shoes on or are walking around right after you wake up.)

Good luck!

>From your basic post, I'd assume plantar fasciitis. There
>are stretches, etc to do to help you out.
>http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?Thread_ID=144
>
>(I think you notice PF more when you first wake up and when
>you don't have shoes on... so when you say you feel it when
>walking from roon to room in your house, I assume you don't
>have shoes on or are walking around right after you wake up.)
>
>Good luck!

I was thinking PF as well. You should probably see a podiatrist or orthopedist. Also get some advice on changing the shoes you're using for training.

Hi Amy,

I did these stretches after seeing your post, I have to say so far I have felt very little pain. Thanks for posting the website:)

Take care!
Belinda

I had a bad case of plantar fascitis last spring, and it took about 3months to completely dissipate. The symptoms sound identical to mine. Hopefully the stretches you have doing do the trick. Look into an orthotic for your day time shoes, have your feet rubbed/massaged as much as possible, and try rolling a golf ball with your foot during the day! Good luck! John in Colorado

I have had the same thing for about 3 months now. I've been icing and that has really seemed to help. Also, stretching is very important. And I can't stress enough--REPLACE YOUR SHOES! Every four months or so if you work out regularly. I know it's an expense, but after the pain I've been through, it is definitely worth it!!
Good luck.:)

Hi John in Colorado,

I know I have platar fascitis, I have all the symptoms as discribed. Yesterday I was rolling a golf ball on my foot! Thanks for the tip!
I been icing my foot, hopfully it will stop the pain... eventually!
I already bought the new Ryka shoes, which did't help.

Thanks for your advice!

Belinda

Hi Belinda,

I didn't want to tie up the forum, but I wanted to know how the foot/feet are doing. It is frustrating, especially in the morning, but it will get better. I wanted to ask you if they still have the baseball team in El Paso the El Paso Diablos? I played for them back in 1995 and it was a great place to play. Remember, get those feet rubbed as much as possible and keep up with the golf ball and stretches! Good Luck, John

Hi John,
My feet are doing a lot better today! I been icing, rubbing and massaging my feet. I also been using the golf ball and doing the stretches that Amy posted. Thanks Amy:)
Your were a baseball player in El Paso.The Diablos baseball team is still here. Wow, thats cool that you used to play for them, do you still play? Thanks again!

Take care!
Belinda

Hello Belinda,

I hope this finds your feet doing better. Are you back to your old self after the stretching/treatments/Massage>? Keep up with them even after the pain dissipates! No No! I played back in the 94-95 season. My baseball days are long over with, especially after 2 shoulder surgeries! I just try and hit the weights/cardio consistantly. Let me know how you are progressing. John in Colorado

Hi John,
my feet are doing a lot better. Thanks for asking! I am still doing the stretching/massage and icing. I have to say my feet feel almost normal again. But like you said I have to continue with the stretches. Your advise truly helped, thanks again.

Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.