Food Tracker/Calorie Tracker recommendations

ivorygorgon

Cathlete
Does anyone know of a Food tracker/calorie tracker software program you would recommend? Not an online tracker, but a software program. I am interested in some kind of food log, but something simple. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles. Mostly I want to track calories in and out, save meals so I can re-log them easily, possibly input recipes.

I am currently trying one through a free trial (for the life of me I can't remember right now what it is called), but I don't like it. It is too hard to enter meals and save them. I tend to eat some of the same meals, so this is an important feature.

I have tried online programs such as Spark People, but that is far too busy for me.

Any recommendations?

A few years ago I purchased the Fitday software that you just download. It's pretty easy. They have a free online version but I preferred the software because you can enter recipes and it calculates the calories per serving. I haven't used it in awhile as a prefer Dailyplate because it syncs to my Iphone.

Does anyone know of a Food tracker/calorie tracker software program you would recommend? Not an online tracker, but a software program. I am interested in some kind of food log, but something simple. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles. Mostly I want to track calories in and out, save meals so I can re-log them easily, possibly input recipes.

I am currently trying one through a free trial (for the life of me I can't remember right now what it is called), but I don't like it. It is too hard to enter meals and save them. I tend to eat some of the same meals, so this is an important feature.

I have tried online programs such as Spark People, but that is far too busy for me.

Any recommendations?

I know you said Software, but a free GREAT calorie counting website is caloriecount.about.com it lets you put in receipes and even lets you "tag" them so that they are saved in your personalized database. It's a lot easier that fitday too. Also, you can enter nutritional facts if they do not have it in their database (i.e. international foods.)

I always use Fitday, it saves your meals and your workouts and has so much more. You can download it for 20 bux on your computer and just ener your daily info, so easy.

I have used CalorieKing's desktop software for years, and I love it. It's simple and straightforward. You can enter your own foods and you can also save meals and log exercise. My favorite thing is that it is a huge database of foods already in it, including most national brands foods and almost all chain restaurants (that have nutritional information available). It also will allow you to update the food database for free. I think you can probably get a free trial of it from CalorieKing.com.

I use Calorie King, too, on a Mac. I used it on Windows and the Mac version is a little different... Once you get your custom foods and your custom workouts entered, it's a breeze. I do a custom workout for each video - I use my heart rate monitor capture the data at least twice for each video, and log it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.