Folly Beach SC

jharris

Cathlete
Hi ladies,
Tomorrow I am leaving to go on vacation to Folly Beach with the family. Have any of you ever traveled there before? I have been to Charleston several times. My uncle lives in Goose Creek and works in the city. I love the market and the candy store. Any suggestions for fun inexpensive things to do, good eats? I have a 12 year old DD who wants to go on ghost tour and my nephew is 1.

Also we are spending one night in Myrtle Beach. I love Myrtle. Any suggestions for there also? I know Barefoot Landing, and Broadway at the Beach.

I am a folly beach bum!!

Hi Jenn. I proudly live in Charleston. Is there anything specific that you wanted to do? i am happy to answer any questions.

Morris Island Lighthouse

a few ideas. if you are looking for something specific let me know.

be sure to check out the morris island lighthouse (especially at sunrise) which is on Folly. very beautiful.

california dreaming is located on james island (sits on the ashley river). food is okay, prices are ok, the view is unbelievable.

reds or rbs has great food and sits on shem creek in mount pleasant.

you will also want to stroll along the battery in downtown charleston.

visit the newly remodeled market (note: items there are pricy. you can purchase post cards, tee shirts and such at the james island walmart or the piggly wiggly on folly beach).

visit the new mount pleasant waterfront park.

There is also an unground dungeon tour. i have never done it, but i have heard it's pretty freaky.

I'm not sure if this is in season or not, but there are boat rides over to capers island where you spend the day shelling. i can look that up for you if you want.

ghost tours

Dobberjean thank you.

DD who is 12 wants to go on a ghost tour. One site I found said 13+ . She doesn't scare easily so I told her she could be 13 for a day. :p

Do you know of any good ghost tours? The shelling for a day sounds fun. My nephew would enjoy that.

I don't really have any specifics in mind. Nothing too expensive. I know we are going to the aquarium and we always do a horse and carriage ride.

I have never done the dungeon/ghost tour. But I have seen this one on tv. It looks like you can do different tours on this one. Also when you are walking around downtown, people will come up to you and try to get you to go on their ghost tour. Can be a little annoying at times.

http://www.bulldogtours.com/charleston-sc-ghost-tour.html

capers island wildlife exploration. This might be a little pricy. It is a several hour deal, so may not be a good choice for younger ones. But you will find some awesome sea shells and sand dollars. (if you are staying at folly, get up a little before sunrise and you can find some neat sea shells too in and around the folly beach pier).
http://www.nature-tours.com/trips.html

this one is bulls island. It is a little cheaper. Again, it is the same type deal as with capers island.
http://www.coastalexpeditions.com/index.php?page=bull-island-ferry

I really hope you enjoy your stay at Folly!!!

We have a home just south of Myrtle Beach in Garden City, so I know the area well.

If you're interested in some excellent dining with beautiful views of the inlet, go to Murrells Inlet, about 15-20 miles south of Myrtle Beach. There are lots of restaurants along the inlet marsh that you'll love. Drunken Jacks, Dockside, Bovines, Divine Fish House, Lees Inlet Kitchen, Spuds, Creek Rats .... just to name a few. Running behind the restaurants is a walkway along the docks where you can see the fishing boats come in and enjoy the view.

Have fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.