FLOOR MATS for concrete floor

midge

Does anyone have any suggestions as to type or thickness of an interlocking floor mat to cushion a concrete floor? The interlocking mats I'm finding on ebay come in 3/8" or 1/2" thickness (price goes up with thickness). Does anyone have any input or experience with these mats? I need to know if the 3/8" is sufficient or if I need the 1/2". Thanks!!

I have my workout area in my garage and I use 2 layers of interlocking mats and then got an inexpensive piece of indoor/outdoor carpet to put on top of it. I like having that carpet on top in that is is not as noisy as the mats alone, and no chance of catching on the interlocks of the mats. I got it at Home Depot for under $20.

Another vote for horse stall mats. I have 3 over the top of the carpet in my basement. They are 4x6' mats that are about an inch thick. I used to have chronic shin splints and these horse stall mats have worked great!! BUT, I would only use these if your workout room is either in the basement or in a room dedicated as a workout room only because they are very heavy and not at all easy to move around. :p

redrocks

Thanks, everyone for your great ideas!! I should have known to count on cathe fans for being supportive as well as creative!!

My knees and poor old feet thank you!

midge

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.