flavored stevia - taste?

VickyWI

Cathlete
I am looking at buying stevia to replace my artifical sweetners. What is the best brand to buy? Also, does the Sweet Leaf flavored stevia taste like it sounds? The chocolate sounds good, hey it's chocolate. But does it actually taste like chocolate?

Thanks for the help!

Vicky

To me, stevia tastes like black licorice which I hate. I've tried it a few times to no avail. However, many do like it.
I've had very good luck with agave nectar and I am sure others out there can recommend not only a good brand of stevia (my friends enjoy Sweet Leaf which always make me think of Ozzy Osborne singing "I love you sweet leaf" but alas, he is referring to a different kind of leaf) but other kinds of natural sweeteners as well.

I tend to prefer liquid Stevia since it has less of a bitter taste. I do use the Sweetleaf brand liquid drops and can only attest to the regular, vanilla creme, and chocolate raspberry flavors. The vanilla creme is my favorite of the three. A true vanilla flavor...even in coffee. The chocolate raspberry is good but it's more raspberry than chocolate. I think I saw a sample package with different flavors in it on Amazon. Maybe you can try that first to decide which ones you like better.

Tracey
"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

>I use the brand from Trader Joe's. However, I just got this
>in a newsletter:
>
>http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2007/10/02/uh-oh-fda-now-calls-stevia-unsafe.aspx
>
>UGH, isn't anything safe anymore?x( I figure I only use it in
>my morning coffee, so everything in moderation, right??!?

Sorry, but I have learned to take what the FDA says with a BIG FAT grain of salt. They are pretty deceptive, if you ask me. They call Stevia unsafe but let us all consume Splenda till the cows come home. They're in cahoots with the sugar industry anyway.

Sorry to sound so radical and obnoxious. I've just had it with these gov't agencies that "claim" to care about us and take care of us.

Allison

the only one i can eat is nu-stevia by nunaturals. it is super sweet without that bitter taste. i buy it in bulk from amazon. i have tried many other brands but this one is the only one i think is good.

>Sorry, but I have learned to take what the FDA says with a BIG
>FAT grain of salt. They are pretty deceptive, if you ask me.
>They call Stevia unsafe but let us all consume Splenda till
>the cows come home. They're in cahoots with the sugar industry
>anyway.

Make that a cup of salt!

I have more confidence in something that has been used in South America for centuries, and Japan for decades than in the artificial sweeteners and fat substitutes like Olestra that the FDA has okayed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.