(Fitnessfreak) Why no cardio on weight days?

I was wondering the same thing. I saw on her check-in where she is at about 18% body fat and has loss some weight in a matter of three weeks.

Deb -

Another question... looking at your posted rotation:

Mon. - Chest and Tri's
Tues. - Cardio
Wed. - Legs
Thurs. - Shoulders, cardio
Fri. - Cardio
Sat. - Back and Biceps
Sun. - Rest

Where do you recommend abs be done? Only on weight days? Cardio days? every day? 2-3x a week?

Thanks in advance!

Debbie, I've been doing some thinking. I want to build some more muscle but mainly I just want to be able to see cut muscles under my skin. I don't want to just bulk up and get thinker looking. I want to be chisled. Especially in my abs, but also in my arms. Do you think to get that chisled muscle look I want this is the right type of rotation for me? Or do you think I need to focus more on fat-loss? Or will that also be an added bonus of a muscle building rotation? Thanks Deb!

Quite honestly, I can't answer this question. You have to figure out what you want. If you want to get lean and defined, you need to do more of an endurance rotation. I.e. - full body workouts, circuit workouts and cardio. If you want to build you need to go heavy with less cardio. I haven't seen a picture of you so I have no clue if you need to loss fat or if you should just concentrate on building. I'm at a loss here.

See below...

Deb -

Not to cut in on the thread but...

Which month's M&F magazine did you find your current rotation?

Gib

I'm doing the one that started in the July, 2008 issue (week 1-4), then the 2nd phase was in the Aug., 2008 issue (weeks 5-8) and the last phase was in the Sept., 2008 issue (weeks 9-12).

Deb -

Another question... looking at your posted rotation:

Mon. - Chest and Tri's
Tues. - Cardio
Wed. - Legs
Thurs. - Shoulders, cardio
Fri. - Cardio
Sat. - Back and Biceps
Sun. - Rest

Where do you recommend abs be done? Only on weight days? Cardio days? every day? 2-3x a week?

Thanks in advance!

I do abs on Shoulder day because I have time and my Friday cardio day. It doesn't really matter when you train them, this first 4 weeks of this rotation has you doing them twice a week.

I thought I would post this link for you....

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236426

Before I read this post this morning - I had actually gone through the roatations that I had printed in the past and was going to do this exact rotation that she is referencing. Thought I would pass this along... :)

She makes notes on which days she put in the abs....

Thanks for posting this. Millalyte86, you may want to check this one out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.