Fitness Ball

DianaL

I've been thinking about getting one of these. Does anyone have one of these & use it on a regular basis? How do you like it? Do you use it with a video & can anyone recommend a video? Finally, how do you know which size to get? Thanks! :)

I think I need one, too! Now I have room for more STUFF!!!:7

you can check out fitness ball videos and video clips on collagevideo.com..

i noticed at a kids toy store i found some great balls that looked as sturdy at the fitness ones and alot cheaper.

i noticed borders book store is selling fitness ball kits with video and balls.

my 'hip' grocery store in oregon is selling fitness balls and astapes as well as yoga and pilates tapes!

if you find a fitness website with them or a box with a ball in it you will find the size recommendations....... i think i would use a 55 centimeters... i am 5'6...

do a web search and you will find everything!

I got mine at Target.

I don't use it as often as I thought I would, of course, but it was only around $20 , so I guess that's not as bad as ordering a bunch of videos that never get used!!!
I don't know what sixe it is because I threw the box away, but it is a Living Arts ball that came with a beginners video: a compilation of some ab, leg and upper body work from their videos. I don't think any of them are challenging, though I did buy the Living Arts ab and lower body workouts full length anyway. The ab one is ok.
I used the ball last week with the plank work from Cardio Kicks, and boy was it great!!! You really can do some great ab work with it, and supposedly if you sit on the ball at your desk, you are constantly engaging your abs... I sit on the couch with my laptop, so that is not an option for me. I'm going to try some wall aquats with it today--it is supposed to take some of the pressure off the knees...
I don't have any other ball workouts, but I beleive you can get videos and other stuff at the Spri websit, and Gin Miller and Kathy Smith have a few vids out, too. Check videofitness.com for reviews--I don't think they were glowing...
Wendy

Thanks everyone...

...for the great advice & info. What an educated crowd! I've been going back & forth on this. My husband uses one at his gym & loves it. Although I've teased him in the past about his "hippity-hop" workouts :-jumpy, I must admit he's seen some improvement in the definition of his abs & his balance!!

I'll check out the various webpages you all have suggested, but I think I'm sold after Wendy said she used it for the plank work in CardioKicks! I'll check it out & check back with you all.

Diana :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.