fit tv workouts

I was wondering the same thing. I know how challenging the shows are to do whether its on TV or the actual DVD, but when you do the ones on FitTV, are they still as effective since a lot is cut out? :+

Hi, not Cathe here...but wanted to chime in. There are so many things that factor in your caloric burn during a workout.

Age, weight, heartrate, and duration are the main componants of how many calories are burned in a workout. Everybody has a different calorie count for the same workout. The only way to get a good idea of how many calories you burn in a workout is to get a heartrate monitor. They can be purchased anywhere. They monitor your heartrate throughout the entire workout. They have personal settings so that you can input your age and current weight. And once turned on...it does the rest keeping your duration and heartrate allowing you a better idea of how many calories you burn during your workout...or even just washing the car. I personally have the Polar F11 heartrate monitor...it's terrific!!!!

Hope that helped...

Tanya in Texas!

I've often wondered if you only did the Fit tv Cathe workouts, in the order that they show them, would that be an okay rotation if you don't own a lot of Cathe DVDs?

Tanya: I have the Polar F6 (pink one) and have really enjoyed being able to see how many calories I burn doing Cathe's DVD's, plus seeing how long my HR was in each zone.
Sallie

You have to start somewhere and doing something is better than nothing. You can always add a little more on your own.

When I was only doing the Fit TV versions, I would hop on the TM during the commercials to get in a full hour workout. Even without doing that, a 45 minute workout can be effective.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.