FIT OVER 40 Weekly Check in

Happy Friday everyone! I did Imax2 today, fun, fun, fun, but for some reason I kept missing the step, it's like I couldn't lift my leg up high enough.....I think it's because I'm a bit sore from PLB yesterday.

Vilma, sorry to hear of your headache, that's ONE thing I didn't have this month. I think I like the Dec FF rotation better than the Jan one, maybe it's because I don't have the PS series and I'm subbing there so maybe I'm not getting the true essence of the rotation. I do know that I gained weight on the Dec one. I don't think it had enough cardio in it for me and maybe I did gain some muscle. I THINK I've lost the 3 lbs I gained from from the Dec rotation, the reason I say think is because I like to do a true weight check about a week after Aunt Flo as I may still have some water weight.

Andrea, I'm still resisting Chalean. I hope I don't cave. I've been watching Oprah and she had Christine Northrup on yesterday talking about bio-identical hormones and Robin McGrath was saying to get all your hormones tested blah blah blah, they can get a formula for you. That's a lot of work in my book and a lot of dr visits, ugh. On 1/29 Oprah is going to have Suzanne Somers on who is big into the bio-identical hormones. I'm not sure I really want ANY hormones. Anyone on here on HRT?

Mary, sounds like you all are really getting the snow, oh my! We are in for some spring like weather, yippee!

Ronne, We've done a couple of remodels but nothing on the scale you are on. After our kitchen one where I was without a kitchen for a month I swore I'd never do another! Some people aren't cut out for the chaos, guess I'm a delicate orchid. :p

Murphy, here's hoping health stays with you!

Hellos to everyone else, like Kathryn, Veronika, and Tobermory, are yall still out there? Hmmmm, who did I miss.....darn those hormones making me forgetful!:eek::D

Hi all,

Did the timesaver (almost an hour, how is that saving time?) of MM. I have been avoiding butts 'n gutts (b/c I really need it) but I am going to try to break it down next week like I did MM. It does not seem so bad if I do it like that. Plus, I am thinking of re-starting my 1RM's. There are about 100 exercises? I am staying positive for a Valentine's day delivery. Anyway, have a great weekend all.

Oh, someone mentioned possibly buying a weighted vest. Dick's Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, or maybe even Wal-Mart (somebody) had a vest that was almost twice the weight of Cathe's and only slightly more. I have never used either, but it may be worth looking into. Just a suggestion.

Murph

Hi All...

I'm needing to go back to bed(been super sick) so I'm including a cut n paste from another post I wrote a bit ago.

Lisa so you gained some water weight from FF's Dec rotation? Must've been from pumping those muscles :)

Honestly I just want to focus more this year on leaning out w/ keeping my muscle definition, staying strong & healthy but not be overly focused on gaining more muscle mass and just maintain at this point. :)

I still would like to try out CLX though sometime this year but I have plans to start the ETK workbook and just have fun with the workouts I decide to do.

I haven't worked out since Wed and I'm sorely missing it crazy as I was lying down I kept telling myself I need to do my run hahaha as if I could right now

Hiya Gals

I'm just getting up ... ah yeah don't be shocked cuz I'm on a slew of meds. They make me drowsy/dizzy :mad:

I was feeling really sick and waking up at night feeling as if I was needing to piss out shards of glass plus overall feeling ick with nausea too.

Went to the doctor finally after DH's insistence once I took my kids to school.

Remember my migraine? Well I did have a migraine but it was hiding a sinus infection, along w/ a UTI too along with a cold if I had fever doc said I could have been dealing with flu symptoms ehh whatever.

I'm hoping the antibiotics helps.

Just wanted to say Hey! Not sure if I'll be around much as long as I feel sick I'll be laying low. Hey according to my doctor I've dropped 5 pounds since Monday.

This has really put me off on my workouts and I was hoping to get in a little something but my plans are squashed until I can actually stand up without feeling I need to pee glass. Sorry TMI.

Take Care , be well and I'll be around once I feel better.

Hi everyone! Hope you are all staying warm! It was-13F this morning, almost dinner and we are at 2! My DH's car, the battery died, he had to go to the fire station, took my van. I have been locked in this house with the kids all day! Not that I had anywhere to go, just the stranded feeling! Did KPC, cleaned the basement, stil had time to kill, so I did PS CST, That's what being housebound does to lyou! Vilma, I hope that you feel better, Wow, talk about getting hit with everything at once! Lisa, my legs are sore today, too! I think it is from that weighted vest! Murphy, good job with MM! Ronne, how is the house coming? Did they finish taking down that wall? Andrea, hope that you feel better. It is too cold here for any bugs to live, so far, we are all healthy, just a little crazy in the head, from not being out enough,the dog won't even go outside! Hi to everyone else, Have a good weekend! Mary

You know it's bad when the dog won't go outside! And then the dog starts driving you crazy almost as much as the kids (or at least mine does --- she gets so bored when she can't go out). Stay warm! We have spring like temps coming here! It was such a nice walk this morning and next week should be even better!

Hi everyone,
I have not posted in a week. I miss this place. I try to go every day to post on FF thread to let them know I worked out and to be accountable to someone. I don't really even go into detail about my workouts. It sure does help that everyone checks in and it causes me to always go back and be faithful to everyone doing the rotation.
Does anyone take something for their joints? I have terrible knees. They make a crackling noise whenever I bend my knees, or do leg work. They do not hurt, but it is a very strange . I would like to know if there is something out there that does not require surgery or medication.
Today I went out to a department store and bought some dress boots. All boots wer 70% off. I went late in the afternoon and everything was already picked over. there was not much to choose from.My DH asked me ,why boots? It hardly ever gets cold here. So,now I have boots and I like them.

Veronika
feeling

hi everyone

Today was charlean again, very quick 30 mins cardio session and stretch/yoga which she calls recharge. If I can get results using this series I will be wrapped!! The longest workout is about 50 mins, and thats a cardio, most of the workouts are between 40 -35 mins for weights and then theres this cardio one I did today at 30.

Vilma - You poor thing! you do sound sick. I laughed at your description of going to the toilet. You don't see that much and its so frank and honest. get well soon chicken.

Ronne - you sound like you are pulling the whole house down!

Mary, Murph - hello ladies, mary you are doing great work with FF's rotation.
Lisa - I found it it easy to drop out of this months rotation, cause I didn't have PS, nor do I have Bm2, SJP, and theres another step one FF uses a lot in her rotations that I don't have.

Veronika - You need Green lipped muscle. My husband has arthritis. He couldn't take Glucosamine as it upset his stomach and it didn't help the pain. Since using the green lipped muscle hes improved heaps and heaps.

I don't believe it! Theres a shipping date for STS!!! AND Here I was, thinking that this day would ever come.

Veronika, When I started working out a lot my knees hurt. I think the tendons wasn't used to the exercise. I took a Glucosamine/Condrotion/MSM/Fish Oil combo and it helped. I only took it for about a month, maybe 2 and then I think my tendons were strengthened enough and I'm fine now. The only time they REALLY hurt is if I use 2 risers and I quit doing that. As far as popping, my knees have always popped! Even when I was a teenager, they would pop in a jazz dance class I took (wasn't any good at it). It was so loud and embarassing!

Andrea, Can't wait for STS!!!!! Since there's a date for it now, I think I can hold out on Chalean. What the heck is Green Lipped Muscle?

Where do I go to get Green Lipped Muscle? Glucosamine upset my tummy when I took it. That is why I was wondering if anyone took something else. I may retry it though and take it with food. Lisa, where and what brand did you take? Lisa, it isn't a pop but more a crackle. Did you have that also?

Vilma, you sound very sick. Please rest.
Mary, -13! Are you kidding? It is cold here when my thermostat reads 65 degrees. Stay warm and inside.
Veronika

Andrea, How did you do on that Jari Love rotation? I'm thinking of starting her advanced one. My left trap is killing me again today, I think it's time to lay off the heavy weights.....

Andrea and Lisa, thanks for the info on the supplements. I need to do that now because my knees are hurting today after yesterdays leg workout and todays cardio that I could not finish because of serious hamstring DOMs and tiredness.
Andrea, you do JariLove? Do you like her workouts? How does she differ from Cathe? My friend uses Jari and really likes her and has gotten great results. Does she use less weight and more reps?
Lisa, if you do a different workout next month, I' m going to miss you on FF's rotations. We have been doing them together. I find that I bulk up so quickly doing FF's rotations. I did not know that was possible. Lisa , did you order STS? I did.
I was so tired girls that I had to take a nap today. I had told the children I would take them to ride their bikes and I couldn't. Now I am still tired but not enough to go to bed. LOL.
Talk to you later. So glad tomorrow is my rest day.
Veronika

My left trap is MUCH better today. I was dog tired yesterday too because I didn't sleep well the night before because of my neck hurting. Last night I slept like a log (9 blissfull hours), ah, I feel so much better now! I'm going to tackle iTread Run Intervals Set 24-60min later this morning.

Veronika, Yes, I got STS, can't wait. It'll be interesting to see how it is with Cathe doing it along with us. I'm now back down to my regular weight after the Dec FF rotation added 3 lbs to me. I'm hoping I added some muscle and was thinking Jari Love would help lean me out some and give my muscles a different challenge. Didn't you post that you had lost weight too on the FF rotation? My legs get tired too from LB work, I know not to try to run the next day, normally step is ok, but this last week I had problems getting my foot up on the step (only 1 riser) during IMAX2. I think I even tripped a couple of times on the step which I normally don't do and especially not as much as I was.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Wow, it's been really busy round here!

I actually managed to fit some workouts in! I did Muscle Max yesterday and I'm doing and ASC3 premix today. Hurrah for me! This is definitely going to be the last couple of weeks I manage anything at home as they're going to be moving into the lounge once the kitchen is done and that's my workout space.

Vilma
- you sound like you've been hit by a truck with all those illnesses. You poor thing, take it easy.

Andrea - My avatar is me sat on the beach eating a banana (it was a cold day!)

Mary - yes, the wall is down now. There's dust everywhere and we've completely emptied the kitchen so finding anything is a challenge. I know it's all going to be worth it when it's over though. I'll post some before and after photos. I'm taking photos of each stage as it happens.
2 Cathe DVDs in one day?! You must have been bored!

Lisa - those FF rotations certainly work you hard. I'm not surprised you tripped on your step. You must be shattered! Be careful, you don't drop any dumbells on your toes!

Hi to anyone else I missed. Got to go and fit my cardio in!

I am enjoying my rest day. I went to my in-laws for lunch today. I couldn't help but eat the bread pudding. Now I'm home watching Desperate housewives. My husband and I went to the movies to go see gran Torino or something. The line was too long so we came home. We just got home and got a phone call that a student's Dad where my husband teaches went on a trip to Dallas and had a heart attack. Then his Mom was admitted because she had an anxiety attack. It is very sad. The children are just teenagers. The Dad just passed away. He is younger than my husband and I. I can't believe it.
Veronika

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.