Filene's Basement

L Sass

Cathlete
Those of you who have these stores in your area - like it? Love it? Hate it? No opinion? We have the first in our area opening tomorrow and I have no clue about it. TIA

Lorrie

Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

We've got them here (Boston) - you can find some great finds here, but it's like any other discount store (e.g., TJMaxx). Some weeks you'll find nothing, others a lot, but no matter what, you have to dig through a lot of crap to find the gems. It depends on how much time/patience you have for that.

m.

I totally agree with the above poster! My sister-in-law and I heard that it was terrific, so when we were in Chicago went to one we didn't really have the time or the patience to dig through all the crap. I'm sure there is some good stuff if you can find it.

Hi Lorrie,

Filenes is kind of like an nice, upscale version of TJMaxx or Burlington Coat Factory. Brand-name stuff at mark-downs. My husband can spend hours at Filenes- he buys dress shirts and pants for work there every chance he gets. The closest one to me, that I'm aware of, is in downtown Chicago. Unfortunately, (sorry, I have to insert a rant here) I'm stuck in ass-backwards Indiana, so I don't get in there that often.
I say definitely give it a try. Think of me when you buy something cute.

cristina

Thanks ladies - I think I will give it a shot - but I'll wait until after the grand opening tomorrow!

Lorrie

Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.