"File too big" error

sancho

Cathlete
Hi,

Can someone help me . . . I'm trying to load a picture to a post (on another forum) and I get an error that my picture file is too big. It needs to be 250 KB or less and mine is 1MB. How do I make my picture file smaller ????

TIA,

Lauren

I've had to do that, but my DH showed me how. I haven't done it in a while, but you need to open it in a photo editor and reduce the resolution some or crop it a bit and resave it. I think that should do it.

I know there are other more computer savvy people here. Hopefully one of them will come in and either confirm or correct my directions!

Double click on your photo. This should launch Microsoft Office Picture Manager (or similar program). Right-click and choose Edit Picture. Choose Compress Picture, and then Click on either the Web page or Email selection. It should show you how big it will be when compressed. Then click OK.

Hope this helps.

I knew there'd be someone out there who could explain it better than I can! :eek:

Woo-Hoo!

Double click on your photo. This should launch Microsoft Office Picture Manager (or similar program). Right-click and choose Edit Picture. Choose Compress Picture, and then Click on either the Web page or Email selection. It should show you how big it will be when compressed. Then click OK.

Hope this helps.

It worked! Thanks

It worked ! Thanks so much for taking the time to write it out for me.

Lauren

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.