feel a cold coming on? What do you do?

Airborne for sure and sometimes extra vitamin c as well. If I don't have any Airborne I'll take vitamin c until I can get to the store.

You know, most of the time that "getting a cold" feeling goes away on its own. It's natural to think that whatever you did got rid of the cold, but it's not usually the case.

Airborne had to pay 23 million dollars:
http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/04/news/companies/airborne_settlement/index.htm

"There's no credible evidence that what's in Airborne can prevent colds or protect you from a germy environment," said CSPI Senior nutritionist David Schardt. "Airborne is basically on overpriced, run-of-the-mill vitamin pill that's been cleverly, but deceptively, marketed."

On the other hand, if it makes you think you are feeling better, why not?

I'm a teacher too. I wonder what I'd like to cure?

Ben

ZICAM! I swear by the stuff. Actually, I don't know what I'm doing right, because I haven't even needed to use Zicam in a couple years anyway. (Now I hope I don't jinx myself and get sick!) But whenever i started feeling 'off', Zicam did the trick.

I already have a cold - now what? Help?

OK ... this is great info. Unfortunately I didn't see this soon enough, and whammo, yesterday I came down with a cold. Today I am feeling really quite awful and I'm going to stay home from work tomorrow.

Any tips for what I can do now that I have the cold? I am taking Cold-FX twice a day, drinking Neo-Citran, warm water and green tea, and am eating spicy foods, but is there anything else I can/should do?

BTW - I have stopped all my workouts (as I always do as soon as I feel the least bit sick) and I'm planning to go to bed early tonight. I didn't get much sleep last night as I had a constant tickle in my nose, and I kept having to get up to blow it. I'm sure I must have lost at least 5 lbs just from blowing my nose. :)

Stebby the Sickly

P.S. I used to have an immune system of steel. What has happened to it? I had another whopper of a cold in November (turned into an ear infection) and another one two months before that. I used to get sick once every 3 years, if that. Maybe it's part of being a Mom...

Cold FX (we have this in Canada) I take it as "soon as I sense a that coldish feeling coming - cold symptoms subside within 24 hours if I catch it early enough - or only last 2-3 days. I swear by it!

I agree- Cold Fx is amazing. Health Canada actually said that it works - and they never say anything works! Based on ginseng. I use it whenever I feel like a cold or virus is coming on, or when I am very stressed, as I get sick when I'm stressed. Basically, it builds up your immune system. You can take it on a daily basis at a lower dose, or overload when you feel something coming on.

1. First, I panic. "Crap! I can't get sick now!!" (As if there is ever a good time.)

2. Then I try to calculate the incubation period, count back the days, and unfairly attempt to pin the "blame" on a particular person. "I thought I saw her sniffling...why can't sick people stay home." (This does nothing to help, mind you.)

3. Finally, I get over it, drink some orange juice, and make sure I have my inhalers and cough medicine ready. (This helps. A lot.)

:)

LOL! So true! It's all YOUR fault!

Cold FX (we have this in Canada) I take it as "soon as I sense a that coldish feeling coming - cold symptoms subside within 24 hours if I catch it early enough - or only last 2-3 days. I swear by it!

Ditto on the Cold FX, even if Don Cherry is the spokesperson!:p I have been taking it daily as a preventative measure since so many people are sick lately.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.