Favorite tunes for running???

Liz66

Cathlete
Hi all!

I like to run to music (when I don't have an iTRAIN or CardioCoach) and am wondering what other people like to listen to while they run... I just play the same old playlist and after a while, well, it's boring!

So here are a couple that I like:

Praise You - FatBoy Slim
Bodyrock - Moby

Please share your favorites so I can expand my list!!
Liz

About a week ago, I used the soundtrack from "Run Lola Run" for an elliptical workout. I hadn't listened to it for awhile; it was perfect! I'm sure it would be great for a run (just look at the name!)

I have two hour long live DJ sets that I mostly use.... one is Armin Van Buuren and the other is DJ SOS.

If I don't use those then I just put my iPod on shuffle and skip over songs if they're not good running fodder.:)

I love the song "girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne(sp?) and any of Kelly Clarkson's songs. Also "sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani, "Sexy Back" by JT (get's me motivated to sculpt and work my butt!!!). I try to find some fast techno music too. Don't you LOVE your IPOD!!!

My favorite running mix includes a lot of Ricky Martin, Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson and Will Smith. Some Lenny Kravitz too.

I'm wayyy into creating playlists on my ipod for runs!! Since you asked..

I do a playlist w/ slow and steady beat music for when I am running longer, evenly paced runs... examples from this one are: Layla (Clapton), Bruce Springsteen, , Brown Sugar, Jumpin Jack Flash, ( stones) and Boys of Summer ( Don Henley) Can you tell I'm a lover of classic rock?

Then I have a playlist for interval runs.. I use songs that have varying tempos. Some of my faves for this include: the beginning song of the Pulp Fiction soundtrack, Anything for Love or Bat out of Hell ( Meatloaf, Love his music! :) )and the theme from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. ( I know I am a big dork!!!)

Finally I have a playlist of what I call "get me happy" music.. this is for the days when I really don't feel like running at all and I just need to hear some fun cheesy tunes to motivate me to keep going ..that list one includes, Brown Eyed Girl, Butterup, and Mama Mia.

I have to rely on the "dreadmill" ( love this saying, thanks Cathy) in the winter since I live in MI for run time so its "all about the jams" for me during this time to relieve the boredom of indoor running.

Lynn M.

I amd in love with my iPOD and so love playlists!! Your lists are similar to what I have - long, slow distance (BTW, if you can imagine it, Kashmir (Zepplin) is a great one!), my happy list (Your Smiling Gace - John Taylor). But I don't have one for interval runs - I'll have to set one up!!

Alas, it seems now, though, that I'll need to upgrade to a video iPOD to accommodate Cathe's new workout dealie... Such a sacrifice!!! =]

These are all great suggestions - thanks to everyone!
Liz

I use music from the NYC Underground Party collection.... No matter if I'm in the mood to workout or not - running is a whole different ball game for me and I need upbeat music!

Hi Liz!

I'm always looking for songs to add to my playlist for running. I usually run to hip-hop, rap and Prince. I usually start with "Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J. I also like Lose Yourself by Eminem. I really need the beat for running. Have you tried looking on iTunes for suggestions? I pulled most of my playlist songs from iTunes essentials.

Shonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.