Favorite part of ICE??

I've done all the workouts and 3 of the muscle meltdowns and all the blizzard blasts. I love the MM's because of the DOMS. I have lightened up my weight by the 3rd round on some because you do get pretty fatigued by the end. The only ones I haven't done are chest and tri's. My fav is Rock'em Sock'em w/blizzard blast followed by the Lower Body Blast. My least fav. blizzard blast is the Metabolic Total body only because of all the burpees (not a fan), but it's was still enjoyable and fun to do. I'm now playing with putting the workouts together differently in the blender, like doing different parts of each of the blizzard blasts. Having fun with that. This is a great series.

I totally agree! I am loving the Muscle Meltdown's-they are all super tough and give me serious DOMS for 3 days!!!

I have done most of the workouts - only ones I haven't done yet are the chiseled upper & the MM bi's. My favorite is Rock'em Sock'em w/Blizzard Blast, 2nd fave is Metabolic w/Blizzard Blast & 3rd fave is Chiseled Lower Body w/Blizzard Blast. My least fave is the Low Impact Sweat Cardio 2 - only because step is my least favorite, but Cardo 1 I really liked. Love both Core's. The MM's are my top pick!

This - I plan on doing a Muscle Meltdown rotation in March and adding some cardio if time permit - meaning if I get up early enough.

I also want to do a rotation using the extended MM premixes (4 instead of 3 rounds). Most of those are around 30 minutes so I could add cardio or leg work to each one to make my usual 60 minute workout time. I've used some of the Body Beast workouts in a similar way, but I'm not crazy about BB's fast pace. Cathe's pacing in the MM's is perfect for heavy lifting.

As of this morning, I've tried everything from ICE. While I LOVE this whole series, I'd say my favorite part has been the Muscle Meltdowns. I have gotten some serious DOMS from these little gems!

So what favorites does everyone else have?
I just completed the entire series this morning. The Blizzard Blasts and Muscle Meltdowns are my favorite - I've even added a Blizzard Blast or two onto the workouts that didn't have any. I like both ICY cores as well. If I had to rank them (from most favorite to least) it would be Boot Camp Circuit, Metabolic Total Body, Chiseled Lower Body, Low Impact Sweat, Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox, Chiseled Upper Body and To The Mat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is the purpose of the MMs? Endurance? I want to know how they would fit into a progressive training program?

what is the purpose of the MMs? Endurance? I want to know how they would fit into a progressive training program?
It is to lift moderate heavy or heavy one upper body part a day - 6 day Split
http://cathe.com/pros-and-cons-of-training-one-body-part-per-day
http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/one-body-part-day-training-12664.html

If you aren't interested in heavyish lifting, it can also be utilized as a means of having more recovery space for said body parts. There are probably many, many ways to use this program. I mostly go as far as to isolate rear delts on it's own day. I have not reached real heavy lfiting yet, but that is definitely my goal and I am hoping my shoulder co-operates.
From what I have read from the forum admin posts so far, Cathe appears to be presenting it for fat loss and strength gains (adding it to a cardio workout each day), although I will probably use it without a full cardio each time, so I am not sure what strength, mass etc. benefits my body will be in for.
Hoping someone with more lifting background can provide more insight here.
:)

The Muscle Meltdowns in ICE all use 12 reps and use short rest periods, so you will get some hypertrophy benefits but more so endurance. Hypertrophy workouts usually use 10 reps per set with 1 to 2 min rest periods between sets. Endurance workouts usually use between 12 and 20 reps with rest periods of only 30 seconds between sets. The weight you use for each exercise will also have an effect on whether the Muscle Meltdown is skewed more towards hypertrophy or endurance.

Thanks, Forum Admin! Very helpful!

Elsie - thanks, too, for your reply. Since it is really impossible to make major strength gains while also pursuing fat loss (unless you are VERY new to lifting), the Administrator's response helps to explain how you might use MM for either effort. I will check them out! (very happy On Demand customer)...

So - the next question is: How do MMs differ from workouts such as Burn Sets, Lift it-hiit it, and even STS phase 1? I find these use similar rep ranges/rest periods.

The Muscle Meltdowns in ICE all use 12 reps and use short rest periods, so you will get some hypertrophy benefits but more so endurance. Hypertrophy workouts usually use 10 reps per set with 1 to 2 min rest periods between sets. Endurance workouts usually use between 12 and 20 reps with rest periods of only 30 seconds between sets. The weight you use for each exercise will also have an effect on whether the Muscle Meltdown is skewed more towards hypertrophy or endurance.
I have said it before , and I just have to say it again, "You guys impress the heck out of me with your responses. You make it so very obvious you are monitoring the site and respond within 24H. My hat is off to your professionalism and regard to answer our questions as quickly as you can. Thank you for that!"

Gosh, I really love this series.....I love all the new moves (compound) and really like the different and new work with the Ball and resistance
bands, gives so many new twists on "tried & true" exercises. I really like the music, the bright and colorful set and outfits they wear, it's so
uplifting, I love the modifications that Amanda shows and Cathe mentions on other exercises and how to modify if needed and the chaptering
is AWESOME (especially for Blender work) The premixes are great .....and even the dvds and case is pretty.... :) Do I like these or not? (LOL)

I am loving the series. It is very versatile with the blizzard blast, muscle meltdowns and with upper and lower body workouts. This the third week I am doing the one body part per day using the muscle meltdowns. It did them for the first 2 wks at the end of the regular workouts and sometime adding the blizzard blast before it. This week I am doing the muscle meltown mish mosh premixes where the MM are mixed into workouts which totally changes the feel of them. On time constrained days, I do the blizzard blast with MM only. I am also excited to try to the mish mosh premixes which mix in the blizzard blast. Great series!

While these are great responses about using the muscle Meltdowns during an ICE rotation,
does anyone have any ideas for using the MM's in a general rotation? I'm interspersing
other workouts and genres in my current rotation, and I'd like to try the MM's but not
sure how I should fit them in that would work my whole body in a given week?
Thanks for any info!

Hi Tatoo,

I'm also trying to incorporate the MM into my fitness.

My plan this week is as follows:
Day 1: Legs/Abs-did Leaner Legs from Cross train Express
Day 2: Back and Chest MM
Day 3: Interval Cardio-did IMAX 3
Day 4: Cardio with Legs and abs- did CLB from XTrain
Day 5: Cardio with MM shoulders
Day 6: Back and Bi MM
Day 7: Cardio/abs-CCC or a kickbox program
Day 8: Chest and Tri MM

This is just a general plan. I do what I feel like doing on any given day, but I really want to increase my weight training and do legs, back and chest more often. I really like the MM! Let me know what you come up with!

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.