Favorite KCM...toning

buneknek

Cathlete
Which toning DVD of Kelley do u highly recommend? I'm advanced exerciser but quite a few of her DVDs are intermediate. But I'm thinking I can grab heavier weights to make it harder for me. What you all think?

My two faves are Muscle Definition, the 82 min premix, and Your Best Body because there are shoulder exercises on it (amidst others!) that I struggle with every time. Kelly builds good shoulders. YBB alternates upper with lower all the way through so it includes more lower body work than her usual DVDs.

Clare

My 2 favorites are her new ones, "Trim Down" and "Shape Up"... I have never felt her workouts as much as these 2. You can make them as hard as you want by using heavier weights. Great intervals of 1 minute of boxing between compound moves.

The only dvd I own from KCM is LIFT. She is pleasant to listen to and her cueing is superb. I liked LIFT from the first time I played it. Honestly have not made the most of it and see myself revisiting soon. You can go as heavy as you want once you have mastered powerlifting moves.

I felt safe and instruction were very good. I will be purchasing more of KCM for sure.

If you like Olympic lifting, this bundle is a starting point.

All the best,:)

Her Split Sessions dvd is a great weight workout that you can lift heavier on and has great premixes.

I need to stop reading these threads. haha. Wanting to mix things up, I ordered some of Kelly's workouts (the ones recommended in this thread and the split-focused workout). ;)

The step boxing one looked fun, too, but some of the reviews mentioned that the choreography was tough to get (didn't look it to me in the preview, but the video was short). Anyone have this one? Thoughts?

I was looking at collagevideo.com last night and they have many KCM DVDs on sale right now.

Kelly rarely ever has them on sale on ehr website. She did a Jan 1 sale, but I never saw the ad for it and it's a one off.

I also do not care for the latest Stepboxing DVD in the 30 Minutes to Fitness series. Rather than be too choreographed, it is actually way too simple. Step up and step down and box a bit. If you like step workouts you will not actually like this one. KCM's much older stepboxing workouts are better: better use of step, better incorporation of boxing, better choreography, challenging. This latest Stepboxing effort makes no sense to me at all. I would rate it as a beginner workout.

Clare

I also do not care for the latest Stepboxing DVD in the 30 Minutes to Fitness series. Rather than be too choreographed, it is actually way too simple. Step up and step down and box a bit. If you like step workouts you will not actually like this one. KCM's much older stepboxing workouts are better: better use of step, better incorporation of boxing, better choreography, challenging. This latest Stepboxing effort makes no sense to me at all. I would rate it as a beginner workout.

Clare

Clare

This video didn't grab me either, but the boxing and weights premix (42 minutes) is basically a metabolic conditioning circuit and it is awesome! Have you tried it?

No, not yet, didn't know it was there. I previewed the main workout and then shelved it thinking that the hole thing was a dud Good to know! Thanks: I hate having to write off a Kelly DVD completely, I'll check it out.

Clare

KCM has 3 more workouts in the works.... Heavy weights - old school. I can't wait to see what she comes up with this year.

I have to say I was really impressed with KCM's new Shape Up DVD. I've never tried any of her workouts before but this Tabata DVD was a pleasant surprise. It flows really well alternating cardio with weight tabatas and was harder than I expected as I'd honestly thought she put out mainly intermediate DVD's. I will definitely purchase her new heavy weight one's once they are available.

Jamie

You might have to try Trim Down too. It's lighter weights on the video but she says go slower with heavier weights if you want. It's really good too and filmed on the same set as Shape Up.

Last edited:
I tried to find information on any new workouts...is it all on Facebook? I hate when instructors do that....they have official sites, but post new information only on FB...those of us that are not on FB should be able to find the info on the official site. Does not make good business sense to me....:(

I tried to find information on any new workouts...is it all on Facebook? I hate when instructors do that....they have official sites, but post new information only on FB...those of us that are not on FB should be able to find the info on the official site. Does not make good business sense to me....:(

She mentioned her new workouts on her FB page in conversation with others and as well as on her forum. She hasn't even began filming yet she just stated that she will be filming some heavy weight training workouts next.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.