favorite cookbook?

smcat

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting burned out with the recipes/cookbooks I have, so I thought I'd ask "what's your favorite cookbook?" to get some new ideas.

Thanks and have a good weekend :)
Sabine

"the new best recipe" from cooks illustrated. i make 90% of my recipes from cooks. love them!

also try foodgawker.com. it links you to so many food blogs, some good, some bad.

ITA - exactly the book I recommend to everybody! And in October they're coming out with a new edition, which I can't wait for. I recommend ANY of their books (I have them all :p). The cheapest place to get them is at Costco. I'm like Kate, if I'm using a recipe, 90% of the time it's one of theirs!

Dani

We love "down home cookin" at our house, and Gooseberry Patch cookbooks are a staple. I have over 30 of the "regular" ones, and too many of the small ones to count!

Oh, on a healthy day I'll pull out a Marilu Henner one...

MJ

I have quite a few cookbooks but find myself checking out foodnetwork.com much more often. There are tons of recipes there for "free". You can type in what you want to make and voila they appear for you to peruse.

I could spend all day on that website. Another one I find recipes on frequently is cooks.com. I also will google for recipes if I can't find something quickly on foodnetwork. There are sooooo many at your fingertips.

Then what I have done is to copy them to a word document and created a Recipe folder that I save them to. I start the name of the recipe with the main ingredient like "CHICKEN_Aztec Chicken" so when I need to look for one all I do is search for Chicken. You could also make separate folders within the Recipe folder for different types too.

Well to be honest....all new recipes and meals I cook now....(you're probably going to smirk/laugh) but I just google main ingredients!!!:eek: It's kinda of silly but really....it works!

If you want a chicken dinner, grilled with vegies...you just type that in plus the word recipe and vioala!!! all kinds of hits! kinda dorky though huh?:eek:

"the new best recipe" from cooks illustrated. i make 90% of my recipes from cooks. love them!

I do not have this cook book, but ANYthing from Cooks Illustrated (Cooks Country, America's Test Kitchen) is going to be awesome!! You can check out their site or they have cookbooks that you can get from the library, or get their magazines! Super resource!

I also enjoy Everyday Food magazine (also online) and many food blogs. Another good site for recipes is Tastykitchen.com and Allrecipes.com. The internet is so cool :p

Have fun!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.