fatigue/ weight gain around period time?

Tricia Haley

Cathlete
Hi All, What does everyone do that helps them get through that time around there period when your more tired and feel bloated etc. I can get so tired around my period that i don't even feel like exercising. My appetite isn't horrible but i do tend to crave more sugar at this time. So do you guys change your workouts, do you take a break, etc.... At the beginning of this month i was in a real good groove with my workouts, my endurance was up and then its like the next day i have hit a brick wall. Endurance down, tired, appetite crazy. It is like a 360 turn. I'm just discouraged. I would love to hear from you guys as to what you do around this time. What works for you. Thanks bunches!!!!!!!!!!:+

Tricia

I'm in the same boat. For about a week before my period I'm ravenous and want lots of carbs. I try to make them more clean carbs (oatmeal, a pb&j sandwich on whole wheat). I eat more during this week and always think I'm gaining weight, but I think I'm just retaining water since this goes away within a few days. As for the fatigue, what works for me is just telling myself that I will do 10 min of something (usually the treadmill). If I can just get started, I almost never stop after 10 minutes and feel much better when I'm through.
Hope this helps!
Melissa

I don't know what to tell you as I struggle with this every month. I feel like my period takes over my life for one week out of every month. Since having babies, I don't have cramps as bad, but I have mood swings, food cravings, headaches, weight gain, blah blah blah.

Before I got pregnant the first time (almost 6 years ago), my gynecologist suggested skipping periods with birth control pills, but I never got around to it because I decided to get pregnant instead. Now that my second son is now 2, I've remembered that advice again and plan to ask advice on trying it at my next gyno appointment.

Here's an article on using BCP to skip periods: http://thewelltimedperiod.blogspot.com/2007/08/women-receive-insufficient-reproductive.html

Maybe it's something you could ask your own doc about--if periods are messing you up, perhaps having them less often is the answer. I would suggest talking to the doc about it, first, though, and I'm sure there are some medical people on this board who might have better advice about it.

[font face="palatino linotype" font color=purple font size=+1]***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.