Ezekiel bread

catwoman7631

Cathlete
I've never tried Ezekiel bread but plan on buying some on my next shopping trip. Some questions for those who buy it...

Their website says it can be kept in the freezer or refrigerator, but of course, it won't last as long in the refrigerator. How do you store it? If you keep it in the freezer, can you put it directly into a toaster or do you have to thaw it first? If you keep it in the fridge, how long does it last? Their website says about two weeks which is not bad, but I don't eat a whole lot of bread so I'm wondering if it would spoil before I could finish it.

Also, is there one flavor you love? I'm gravitating towards the low sodium kind because I need to watch my sodium intake, but the other flavors don't really contain very much sodium. I'm wondering if on the first try I should go with one containing some salt to help with the transition off of regular flour bread.

Thanks everyone!

I buy a 2 pack from Costco so I keep mine in the freezer. I put frozen slices directly into the toaster and it toasts up just fine (that is the only way I eat it). The slices are thinner than slices in most commercial breads. I think it is best toasted but you can thaw out slices for sandwiches. I've only bought the original so I can't comment on the other flavors.

We buy two loaves at a time. Put one in the freezer, the other in the refrigerator. I don't know how long it lasts: it's the only bread we eat, kids included, so a loaf never lasts more than a week. So I know it will last at least a week. If you are going to be the only person eating it and you don't eat a lot of bread, you can always keep in the freezer and take it out as you need it. I use the Ezekiel pita and take one out as I need it. I microwave it for about 30 sec and it's ready to eat.

We use the plain or the sesame. I've never tried the low sodium bread. I also have to watch my sodium intake, but the regular loaves have so little sodium, I don't worry about it.

I keep mine in the freezer. I have tried all the flavors, but love the orange package best. I get the cinnamon raisin variety for winter holiday snacks (toasted with coconut manna schmeared on it!). I recently found Ezekiel tortillas and love them! I've been off wheat/gluten since the end of January. Last week I started to re-introduce it with the tortillas every few days...so far I am having no digestive problems with it and I am glad because Ezekiel bread was a daily thing for me for the past several years! They have bagels, too!

All the Ezekiel bread are delicious. I've tried the oatmeal, sesame, low salt, regular and the cinnamon - equally delicious and you will love them too. I keep mine in the freezer, like all of the others posted here. I also take out a couple of frozen slices and put it directly into the toaster - they come out just fine. Enjoy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.