Exertion and Calorie burn?

Hi Evie,

To reply to your question. The huffing and puffing which is the the perceived exertion is simply a unit measure of the effort you put in your workout. The calorie burnt is a combination of more factor than intensity put in
It depend on the length of the workout, type...

Example a 30 minutes weight lifting just by the nature result in less calorie expenditure, subject ive to the intensity compared to 30 minutes timed interval.

Just to add highly intense is the workout, high the perceived exertion is which is your heart rate.

Hope this reply your question

Yes, I think that's what Evie was asking, Cathe workouts, unless you do the same one over & over are not repetitive, where the cycling is. Maybe that's why it seems so much more intense. My workouts more or less correspond to higher perceived exertion = higher calorie burn, but not fat loss.

Lower intensity = lower calorie burn more fat loss.

That's okay nckfitheart2009, not everyone is going to get the same results, I have done higher intensity workouts, many of them, tempo runs are my favorite, and I'm really good at that (IIDSSM). I need to train the things though I'm not as good at too.

:)

Yes, I think that's what Evie was asking, Cathe workouts, unless you do the same one over & over are not repetitive, where the cycling is. Maybe that's why it seems so much more intense. My workouts more or less correspond to higher perceived exertion = higher calorie burn, but not fat loss.

Lower intensity = lower calorie burn more fat loss.

That's okay nckfitheart2009, not everyone is going to get the same results, I have done higher intensity workouts, many of them, tempo runs are my favorite, and I'm really good at that (IIDSSM). I need to train the things though I'm not as good at too.

:)

Oh I am so glad Evie has finally got the answer she was after :)

112 guru, I couldn't agree more with what you said. Any qualified trainer/instructor will tell you can't write a training program without identify img the body type ;-).
That being said an individual who can handle Hiit, not overweight, having lean mass can aim to do up to 2 session of Hiit and minimal steady pace ( because it does interfere with recruiting lean mass) to produce natural hormone friendly to get more toned defined muscles. This doesn't necessarily result to competitors lean mass illustrated in previous post! !!

That being said I have a lot of respect for body builders cause it requires a lot of work and intelligence in the training.

Yes I love following a similar format of training and my arms are not of incredible hulk size. I am happy to claim I am not overweight ;-). I am a happy size 10-12 UK. Probably same size tgan some who are taller than me and 20-25 pound less weighted than me!

I wonder what my whey beefy brain is telling me lol

Sorry 112toGuru nothing personal to you.

The article posted by soxe is a information which apply to anyone regardless of the fact of aiming to increase size of muscle or simply toning.

Yes what works for one does not necessarily apply to another.

As it's said in fit ness industry, if it doesn't change you r body to some degree, need probably changing! !!!

BTW I did a long time ago gain results from long steady cardio. Being flexible I venture d into different training and it has worked better for me. For both aesthetic and health point of view.

All the best ;-)
Nathalie

So true, some may confuse me with skinny fat, but they definitely won't confuse me with meatheads.

No offense, Skoggers might get that one. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.