Excited!

Hello everyone,

I've been a "Die Hard" fan of Cathes advanced exercise videos for several years now. Even though I consider myself an advanced exerciser, I'm very excited about Cathes new beginner workouts. I'm 5 months pregnant and I'm thinking her beginner workouts will be a great way for me to ease back into exercise. I have a question. I hate to sound vain but before I became pregnant I always had a nice flat stomach. I've found out that I will have to have a c-section and a hysterectomy. I was wondering if it's possible to regain strength and tone after such trauma. I know everyone is different, I was just wondering if there is anything I can do now to improve my odds. Thanks in advance.

Joi

Hi Joi! Well firstly welcome to the boards! Secondly...absolutely YOU CAN tone and redefine those muscles after a c-section. I have had 2 c-sections...and I have a tone abs. However, I do have a little pouch on my lower abs...but my upper abs are fine. But, the key is a clean diet and cardio, cardio, cardio. It's not vain...it's a valid concern. But, it's hard to see your body slightly reshaped after having children..but the prize package is so worth the minor blemishes that I now sport including lower tummy pouch and stretch marks that glisten in the sun! Giggle.... However, with a hysterectomy....things may be completely different. I can't answer from that point of view...I'm sorry. Maybe someone can chime in on that one.....

Tanya

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.