Excited, but skeptical

fitmonkee

I got my DVDs and I'm so excited!!! But I also find myself hesitant...wondering if these shorter workouts will be enough. I can't seem to shake the more is better thing...Cathe's got me so used to working long and hard. Anyone else feel the same way?

if you have ever done a HIIT style workout you would understand a little dab will do you there LOL. this type of workout is like IMAX on redbull and one can only go for so long when its that hard, talking about taking it to the max. even with longer rests when i do it on a treadmill or elliptical i can do no more then 30 min.

kassia

I have that same mental block, somehow anything less than 60 minutes is cheating, and 75 minutes is optimal. I suppose, once we try the shorter workouts, we'll be glad they aren't longer. The real short ones will be great add on's to workouts like the Gym Style series.

OMG I did one of the Hiit workouts yesterday, and all I can say is look out!! I figured 28 minutes, no problem, but boy was I wrong! I could barely catch my breath and was sweating bullets. Any my legs are reminding me how hard it was this morning!

The basis for these workouts have been taken from scientific studies, so I really don't think that you have too much to worry about. Im sort of a science geek, and the research stacks up. I guess I'm just one of the few people here who can't squeeze 75 min of excercise in a day so I welcome these short intense workouts with open arms. 60 min of cardio is cheating? Really?

I have that same mental block, somehow anything less than 60 minutes is cheating, and 75 minutes is optimal.

That is me exactly. I'm curious to try these - looking for UPS man today!!
On the plus side, maybe I can sleep in a bit with shorter wo's! :eek:

The basis for these workouts have been taken from scientific studies, so I really don't think that you have too much to worry about. Im sort of a science geek, and the research stacks up. I guess I'm just one of the few people here who can't squeeze 75 min of excercise in a day so I welcome these short intense workouts with open arms. 60 min of cardio is cheating? Really?

oh i can do 60-75min a day just not all at once LOL. do cardio in them morning, some sort of resistance or abs in the afternoon and yoga in the evening always mixing it up. but i love the idea of HIIT b/c i am working with quality over quantity with exercise b/c i have to fit it in small breaks over the day if i am even lucky to get it all in a day.

kassia

I'm excited about these shorter workouts. They sound super tough, and that's a little scary, but I love that they're only about 30 minutes. You can do anything for 30 minutes. And it's so much easier to fit that in after a long day at work. Just got mine yesterday, so will be previewing for xmas and getting going this weekend!!

I'm excited for them too!! I usually do a shorter cardio workout on days I do STS strength so these are a huge welcome!!

I thought the same thing, even about the MMA workouts, but I just did the kickbox and it kicked butt!!!! the core workout was great. with the 3 drills between the combos, it really keeps you sweating.

I'm just dying reading all of the reviews! Mine is wrapped for Christmas. It's my best present!! It makes ya feel like a kid again just waiting for Christmas day. It's nice that the weekend falls after that so I'll have two days to "kill" myself! :eek:

Your reviews all sound awesome!

I got my DVDs and I'm so excited!!! But I also find myself hesitant...wondering if these shorter workouts will be enough. I can't seem to shake the more is better thing...Cathe's got me so used to working long and hard. Anyone else feel the same way?

Just wait until you do one of the HiiT workouts!

Do not underestimate the short time of these workouts.....by the end I was drenched in sweat and I modified in the 30/30 workout.

I used to think more is better, but I really love the shorter duration of these workouts.

They may be short, but they are very, very intense.

If you want, you could add one of Cathe's strength videos like the Gym Styles or Ab Circuits, etc. That is what I am going to do when I have time.

I am very pleased with the DVDs I have viewed/done so far.

I did the 40/20 today and I was pleasantly surprised. I was worried this series was going to be too easy on preview. I did it after doing STS strength meso 1, week 1. Maybe I was tired from that. But I really did feel challenged.

By the way, if you decide it's too short, you can always do it twice.

Looking forward to trying them!! I think I will try Cardio Core Circuit the day after Xmas, b/c I won't be home and that w/o needs no equipment. I'll let you know!!!

Looking forward to trying them!! I think I will try Cardio Core Circuit the day after Xmas, b/c I won't be home and that w/o needs no equipment. I'll let you know!!!

This was the first one I did (and the only one so far, can only imagine the rest!)...and after I finally decided it was safe to move and get up after the stretch, I stumbled a bit, like I'd been drinking....:eek:

OK, I did HIIT Double Pyramid and Cardio Core Circuit

and I have to say I didn't find them to be "enough" of a workout. Cardio Core Circuit was more satisfying in the end, but while the HIIT DP was def challenging, it really only felt like doing the Blast Challenge in Kickmax. I will use it as an add on to other cardio days and maybe on strength days, but I was hoping that they would be a replacement for longer cardio days. Anyone else feel the same? They were good to do during the christmas marathon since I didn't have as much time as usual though.

and I have to say I didn't find them to be "enough" of a workout. Cardio Core Circuit was more satisfying in the end, but while the HIIT DP was def challenging, it really only felt like doing the Blast Challenge in Kickmax. I will use it as an add on to other cardio days and maybe on strength days, but I was hoping that they would be a replacement for longer cardio days. Anyone else feel the same? They were good to do during the christmas marathon since I didn't have as much time as usual though.

Okay, now that you've explained it like this, I agree. When I did Hiit 40/20, I did it after doing Meso 1 disk 1. So I had already worked out an hour. Then yesterday I did Hiit 30/30 after I did Meso 1 disk 2 and I ended up doing it (Hiit 30/30) twice. The day I did Athletic Step, I added on 15 minutes on the stairmaster.

Today I'm doing Cardio Blast. I'lll probably end up adding some time on the stairmaster.

So, I agree that these aren't satisfying in and of themselves but adding them on to other workouts or doubling them is good. They aren't replacements for longer cardio days.

I agree.......I definitely feel like I need to get in at least 60 min + cardio per day, unless I am doing more intense weight lifting, but I still love the idea of adding these workouts to my weight training days or adding some extra time running, etc.

:)

Mistic

HIIT serves a different purpose than your longer workouts. Even the lower intensity workouts serve a purpose, I know this may come as a surprise or seem like blasphemy.:D But, as it turns out those LSB (long slow burn) workouts help joints to adapt and improve blood volume. HIIT should only be done 2 times a week as a way to improve your cardiovascular ability. It challenges the heart in the way a weight workout challenges other muscles. Your heart needs a chance to recover too.

So, you gals think a workout is "satisfying"? :pI just feel like a wrung out towel.:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.